jtarkany Streetfighter Revealed...Finally!!!

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
picture.php

Note: BYF = Backyard Fabrication (Means I made it)

Handle Bars: Total $280
- $20 Drag Bar
- $65 Rizoma Grips
- $25 eBay black anodized Levers
- $150 Koso DB-01R Speedometer
- $20 (Material) BYF Riser (Powder Coated Black)

Front Suspension: Total $355
- $180 98-01 R1 Front Forks
- $75 98-01 R1 Front Brake Calipers (Powder Coated Red and Black)
- $100 (Material) BYF Slab Yokes (Powder Coated Black)

Rear Sets: Total $100
- $80 03-05 R6 Rear Sets Modified to Fit (Powder Coated Red)
- $0 BYF Master Cylinder mount removed and new one fabricated
- $0 BYF Shift Linkage Modified to Fit (Powder Coated Black)
- $20 eBay Black R6 Footpegs

Seat: Total $170
- $75 (reupholster) BYF Seat Cut down and covered in Marine Vinyl
- $75 (Material) BYF Sub-Frame with Shock Mount (Powder Coated Black)
- $20 07-08 ZX6R Smoked Integrated Taillight
- $0 BYF Taillight/License Plate Mount

Exhaust: Total $91
- $35 03-05 R6 Header Modified to Fit (Pipe at Head removed and FZ6 Pipe welded on)
- $50 2 Cherry Bombs, cut, welded together and slipped over Catalytic Converters
- $6 BYF Silencers, 2 cast iron 13/4” to ¾ reducers with ¾” by 4” nipples screwed on

Rear Suspension: Total: $120
- $30 03-05 R6 Swing Arm
- $45 99-02 R6 Rear Shock w/03-05 Red Spring
- $20 03-05 R6 Rear Brake Caliper (Powder Coated Red)
- $25 03-05 R6 Rear Hugger

Miscellaneous: Total: $515
- $300 (upholsterer) Tank covered in Marine Vinyl with Red on Black Bio-Hazard Symbol
- $140 AMT-Distribution Radiator Covers
- $75 Headlight: 2 Hella FF75 Offroad Lights, BYF Mounting Bracket

Grand Total: $1,631

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V53lqa7j2P0"]jtarkany FZ6 Streetfighter - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Your bike is a piece of art.I see you fitted DB-01R Speedometer.I desperately need your help.Can you please tell me how you wired it up?

DB-01R, time and patience. Unfortunately it was mainly trial and error and I don't remember alot of it. I have the MPH, RPM, Odometer, Fuel Gauge and Signal Indicator working. The N Indicator does not work, the Fuel Gauge is inaccurate and the oil indicator light is always on.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh my
oh my
oh my

Once again I'm speechless by your work!!!! Great F'N job man!!! Turned out incredible!!!

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
^ + 1. That looks great. I don't think I'd like the loudness factor, but it looks fantastic. If I nekkidized mine, I'd hope it looked half as good. I wonder if a Buell XB9 exhaust could be crammed under an FZ6?

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Also I like your BYF DB killers. I made some very very similar but made them out of exhaust reducers and exhaust pipe, did the same exact thing you did but I drilled about 60 holes in each one of the pipes going in a spiral shape to give it a little extra flow

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OK, I may have to at least partially eat a few words. That thing sounds great in that video. And nice job on that video--giving us a startup, takeoff, fly-by, and then decelerate. Good work on the sound demonstration. :thumbup:

Now, I really don't want to hijack a thread about a beautiful bike build, but while we're talking about exhaust, are you guys familiar with exhaust cones? They're basically for racers of cars, mostly to qualify by keeping the noise level under whatever class they're in requires. So, not too much back pressure introduction per unit quiet, I think.

http://www.hawkinsspeedshop.com/exh...e-725-in-long-4-in-diameter-stainless-st.html

I'm not saying you should use them. A nice sound is part of the fun for a lot of people. I've just never seen a build where somebody incorporated a desire for quiet into a custom bike build.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome ride and great sound!!
Plate looks awfully close to hugger.. it's not gonna bottom out on it, is it?

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I gotta say two more things about that. I think that sound is very cleverly engineered. The long glasspacks plus the silencers right after -- I've thought about that before, but never seen it, and that exhaust apart from that is pretty close to a short straight pipe. I would think that a PCV with a dyno tune would make that a really well behaved and FAS (Fast As Sh!t) bike. If it's not already. I'm about done drooling now...

Edit: Not QUITE done. I wouldn't hate seeing some close-ups, especially on some of the BYF parts.

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I been waiten to hear that twin glass plus headers! You pulled that off! It sounds Great! Looks like the seat angle came out BETTER than Yama'rs design too!

Sweet intro and I love your forward thinking! Let us know how it rides an all that once you get some time on it!

Again, you have my vote! :thumbup: :thumbup:

PS - resuming Winders, seeing your thread come up ALL WHILE a song cued which I thought was part or "YOUR" bikes theme was this:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbcEjQWBVtU]The Great Unsigned | Artist: The Burned - Track: Where Are We Now - YouTube[/ame]
- From youtube just in case you wanna listen as it seemed to fit well . .

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
WOW, nice. Looks like you put a ton of work in that. Thanks for sharing your artistry!:Flash:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:rockon::rockon:That get's the "Bad Ass Street Fighter" award! :rockon::rockon: Amazing!

Last edited: