maverick1970's Project StreetFighter

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
Well after about 3 weeks of waiting on the guy I know at my work to paint my stuff :spank:, I gave up on waiting on him and pick up my stuff on Sunday. :confused: What do you know it was in the same place that I left it when I dropped it off. :( Anyway, I found a place in town that was able to paint the parts for $50 and they were able to use the paint I had leftover from when I had the tank and fenders painted.

I got the front mask and the TCP seat cowl back today from being painted. Now I'm going to let it cure over night and get to putting everything back together tomorrow after I get home from work. I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. :rockon:

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
Here are few pics of the front mask after the paint.

abf4a2db.jpg

54ed2e20.jpg

d563874b.jpg

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
Making the grill wasn't that tough. I used a strip of wire mesh gutter screen, tin snips, and JB Weld. Cut small rectangles out with the tin snips, bent them to form, and then used the JB Weld. I gave it approx 10 minutes to harden. Below are some pics of the backside of the mask and the supplies I used.

8a69d737.jpg

5220c8e1.jpg

37a3a1b1.jpg

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I think I'm done. I've got some different mirrors on the way (Napoleon bar end mirrors) but wanted to post a couple pictures of what she look like. I call her The Transformer!

Before (taken last year)
IMG_3098.jpg

Now
a0376070.jpg

4bcffa4d.jpg

victorb

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice bike! I am jealous of your CF bracket! Looks really neat and the whole install is very clean!

Love the before / after shots.. So I gather one day you took off the top case and you didn't stop until you had a repainted - clip-on'ed - naked fz6? :)

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
SUPER CLEAN!!! AWESOME JOB!!!

That's one of the sickest, if not the sickest FZ streetfighter I have seen... excellent work!

That headlight is mean as hell... great CF bracket... the only thing I'd change is the rear hugger... looks WAY too big for such a fighter... chop that thing down a few inches!

Very very cool...

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Seriously cool bike you've got there! Nice job! If you put on a lower cowl it would really make the bike look more compact. The area around the headers look a little too open. Just my opinion though ;)

krushnuts

Where did I put my keys..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
SUPER CLEAN!!! AWESOME JOB!!!

That's one of the sickest, if not the sickest FZ streetfighter I have seen... excellent work!

That headlight is mean as hell... great CF bracket... the only thing I'd change is the rear hugger... looks WAY too big for such a fighter... chop that thing down a few inches!

Very very cool...

+1, hell, just remove the rear hugger all together...

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
Very cool! I like it alot. I was a bit worried before you got the headlight/fairing painted, but it turned out very nice!

Like mentioned before, I would chop the fender down a bit, and I am personally a huge fan of belly pans, but other than that it looks really great!

I like the black coated headers and the rearsets, those are two things that I would REALLY like to do to my bike. I also am a big fan of the seat cowl and the levers.

I'm always jealous of cool streetfighter builds. Great job!

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Wavex, I hate to say it, but I think v3.0 just got passed for sickest FZ6 streetfighter ever. Holy hell that thing is SICK! Man, in each picture you can find something different that just makes you go WOW!

Amazing job maverick1970. I'm just stunned. And the before and after pictures actually made me laugh out loud. You've basically gone from one end of the spectrum (touring mode) to the complete opposite (streetfighter). It boggles my mind to think that it's the same bike.

Awesome! :rockon: