maverick1970's Project StreetFighter

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you for your comment as they are welcomed. I consider that my bike and I are evolving together as we transform through into a different era of my life. If I where to go a buy another bike, I don't feel the personal soul would be there. You dig?

Ya I totally understand that philosophy. I did all the suspension mods on mine whereas I wud as well got a CBR600RR and put convertibars on it.

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
I got my headlight from Germany today. Awh yeah. One thing that I wasn't satisfied with and it didn't have anything to do with the headlight it had all to do with the distributor's website I bought it from https://www.europeanstreetfighter.com.

The picture in the advertisement showed the headlight with the metal mesh. Well, when I opened the package, the headlight didn't have the metal mesh as you can see in the attached pics. I called François the owner and he informed me that the picture is simply there to give you an idea what you can do. I explain to him that it was very misleading and all he had to say was "Sorry" and that he would correct the website.

Anyway, after cussing to myself and having a few Captian & Cokes, I decided to take a few pics, update everyone on my status, and forget about it. Oh well more moding right. What doesn't kill me make me stronger LOL old Marine saying.

So I've drawing up my plans for mounting the headlight to the forks. Unfortunately I won't be able to get around to do any of this till 2 weeks from now as I'm going on Holiday. Hellz yeah that's right Holiday. I'm talking the wife and kids on a well deserved beach get away to North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

But once I get back, I'll be able to jump head first into getting this thing mounted and painted.

IMG_5856.jpg

IMG_5857.jpg

IMG_5858.jpg

IMG_5859.jpg

IMG_5860.jpg

IMG_5861.jpg

Please excuse my rough drawing ;-)
scan.jpg

Last edited:

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
Holy crap, that is pretty expensive and overpriced. But the one one the website looks so sick. You can aim for that look.

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
OK I'm back. ;) It's been a while since I've been on here but after my vacation last month, I was so tired, broke, and busy at my work that I wasn't able to get any work done on the bike. Not to mention that the speedo bracket I was having fabed at a machine shop in town was delayed.

Any who, I'm happy to report that I'm back and have made A LOT of progress this last week as I've gotten the speedo bracket back from the fabricator and have it mounted with the speedo wired. I've also fabed my own brackets for the headlight and have it mounted and wired it up.

I do have a minor problem I have to figure out which deals with the speedo wiring somewhere. The problem deals with clock and trip odometers not saving after you turn the bike off. I'm sure it's something simple. If any you have an suggests, please let me know.

All that remains is paint.

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I figured out my speedo clock and trip odometer problem. It was the Backup fuse. I broke out the wiring diagram and followed the different wires checking the fuses the wires went too.

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
Here are few pics of some of the brackets that I've made, which have all been scuffed so that I can prime them before painting.

Bracket I designed and fabricated to hold the headlight to the forks.
b4d3f872.jpg

Another angle of the same bracket.
367c1c73.jpg

Here's the speedo bracket I designed but had a metal shop with CNC Laser machines cut.
a31e9b58.jpg