In The Club...

DaveOTZ

Reaction score
Visit site
No not the Fitty Cent way...
I parked my bike on a steep hill... Had an exhausting day at work, my legs were shot then I get a call that my aunt has a stroke...

I jump on my bike start her up... my legs give out and she goes down on the left side... I wasnt even embarrassed, just really tired picked her straight up without incident. Slider scratched bar end scratched and the left signal needs to be epoxied (not cracked just separated). Took it home and took her for a decent 50 miles today...

I don't think I could ever replace this bike..
28K on the dial and her first feeling of earth...

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
The bike can be fixed, and hopefully your aunt pulls through just fine. Your situation should be a reminder why its not safe to ride if you're upset, tired, or consumed alcohol.

DaveOTZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Initial tests say shes gonna be fine... Very strange being brought in as the family member that knows whats going on... Theres a good chance that she will be rehabbing with a friend of mine over the next week, she should be back good as new in a few months... So whew... lost my mom (her sister) in February, so I just couldnt deal with more...

The silver lining... Nothing clears the mind better than a healthy ride (after a good night's sleep)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Initial tests say shes gonna be fine... Very strange being brought in as the family member that knows whats going on... Theres a good chance that she will be rehabbing with a friend of mine over the next week, she should be back good as new in a few months... So whew... lost my mom (her sister) in February, so I just couldnt deal with more...

The silver lining... Nothing clears the mind better than a healthy ride (after a good night's sleep)

Nice to hear your Aunt is on the mend.....

Dont ya hate it when you drop the bike at a time like that...it's like the last thing you need at that very moment!...it never rains, it pours!

Nice to see that your bike is a "healing tool", your right, nothing better than a decent ride to soothe the savage beast!

:thumbup:

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear that you dropped the bike, good thing for the slider. I'm glad your aunt will be ok and send my sympathy on the passing of your mom.

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Not a good club to join, but I would guess that 80% of us are already in it, so you are in very good company!!! :D
Glad to hear your aunt is doing well. Nice that a friend of yours will be helping her rehab. :thumbup: