I got my Flush Mounts installed!!!

S

sportrider

I got rid of the rear stock lights first when I installed my fender eliminator. I used the license plate mount lights that I got of eBay. they are plenty bright at night, but I've been told by others behind me depending on which way the sun is they are hard to see in the daylight. but cosmeticly I don't think there is a cleaner looking option.(IMHO) here is a pic of the rear

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The flush mount looks great but I was thinking of doing something different. I actually started a thread on it, it actually three parts.
1. Completely removing the front side markers/ turn signals, keeping the wiring intact.
2. Remove both side mirrors and finally
3. Installing a new set of side mirrors with built in turn signals.

I saw these originally at a local Cycle Gear store and Ebay. I saw it also on a thread here before (can't remember now) about learning how to properly go in a turn. I am wondering if anyone has tried these out and or know of someone who has them? And do they like them? I think this will give the bike a clean look IMO. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
But seriously the flush mount looks great, I'm just looking into a different take on this.
Click here:eBay Motors: suzuki turn signal Mirrors GSXR 600 750 1000 05-07 Blk (item 330201285361 end time Jan-08-08 23:11:03 PST)

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got rid of the rear stock lights first when I installed my fender eliminator. I used the license plate mount lights that I got of eBay. they are plenty bright at night, but I've been told by others behind me depending on which way the sun is they are hard to see in the daylight. but cosmeticly I don't think there is a cleaner looking option.(IMHO) here is a pic of the rear

Looks really good

jfreakman

Reaction score
Visit site
I had to drill the fairing...:(

My front signals didn't go through the fairing...I'm thinking different year?

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Bluemonday ......

Hi mate , did you go through with this mod ??

Would be interested in seeing it if so ;)

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am not raining on anyones parade.

I think the mod looks great. But I can see the stock signals much better.

Is there a safety issue here???

We could do with an idiots guide of how to do this mod...with pics... for those who would like to do it.

Steve

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
I am not raining on anyones parade.

I think the mod looks great. But I can see the stock signals much better.

Is there a safety issue here???

We could do with an idiots guide of how to do this mod...with pics... for those who would like to do it.

Steve

Of course there is a safety issue. Just getting on your bike these days is a 'safety issue'. Motorists for some reason can't see bikes coming at them, even with their brights on, so I'm sure by reducing the size of the signals you are not helping your visibility any that's for sure. I guess it's a calculated risk, and a risk for the sake of 'looks'. It's one that some take, others don't.

You also run the risk of running "illegal' signal lights. I believe the majority of flush mounted signal lights are not DOT approved and are, by the letter of the law, illegal.

As for the 'idiots guide', I have some wiring diagrams on my site here that might help: Boneman's "FAZED" web site - Mods: LED Flush Mount Blinkers

Search around here and SBN FZ6 forum for additional write up's and posts about wiring in lights. If you are using 'standard bulb' lights, then it's basicaly a striaght over swap (cut old wire, solder on new wire).

If you plan on getting into electrical moding, then I would reccomend that you start educating yourself on the basics of DC wiring. By that I mean spend some time reading posts and viewing pics of how others wired theirs and you will start to get a good picture of how to do it. It might seem a little scarry at first, but it really isn't that hard to do. You will be amazed at how simple some of this stuff is to do, regardless of your background. Just don't expect people to always 'dumb it down' for you because you will find that the majority of instructions and write ups are already simplified and clearly laid out.

Last edited:

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
wooo hooo!!!! now the front of my bike is illegal too:D

they fit perfect, no fairing mods are required. I cut the plugs off the stock signals and soldered them to the leds. I'm going to buy an adjustable flasher to cure the fast flash but until then, I'll run with the turbo blink. they are very bright!!! here's some pics of before and after.

so what is the exact solution to get rid of the fast blinking,,,it is obviously happening because there is nowhere to connect the 3rd cable coming out for the stock signals ,right?
i just installed my little clear lens signal lights for the front,,looks good,,much better than the larger stock signals,,but the turbo blink part is kinda annoying :)

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
so what is the exact solution to get rid of the fast blinking,,,it is obviously happening because there is nowhere to connect the 3rd cable coming out for the stock signals ,right?
i just installed my little clear lens signal lights for the front,,looks good,,much better than the larger stock signals,,but the turbo blink part is kinda annoying :)

The flash flash rate is because LEDs have less current draw and resistance than a standard bulb. You have to add an inline reisitor(s) to lower the voltage in order to slow the flash rate down.

The 3rd wire you refer to is for having your stock front signals as running lights. Look at it this way:
Wire #1 - Ground
Wire #2 - +12VDC
Wire#3 - Flash on/off

Wires 1 and 2 enable the light to be on (marker light). The 3rd wire controls the falsh relay.

This 2 wire to 3 wire LED issue is a standard problem for LED signal lighting. Refer to these wiring diagrams for wiring instructions:

Boneman's "FAZED" web site - Mods: LED Flush Mount Blinkers

http://members.shaw.ca/fazed/Images/mods/led blinkers/LED wiring.jpg

You need to use an additional relay in order to get the "3rd wire" to your LED lights.

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
i actually looked at your perfect explanation and install diagrams,and the rest of your site before i installed the signals...the thing is my signal lights are not LED's at all,,,they have a small regular orange light bulb in them...i do not care about them to have the running lights at all,,,as long as it works as a signal light and blinks at the regular speed its fine with me,,,,i just dont know where i could find the necessary piece of resistor or adjustable flasher...or in my matter i dont even know if its supposed to be fast even if they are not LED's

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
so,,,i looked at my new signal bulbs..they are 23Watt bulbs....i checked the original bulbs too,,they are 21W/5Watt bulbs...im assuming 5W for running lights and 21W for signals....i wont be having any running lights so that part is not an issue....do i have to equilize the wattage by putting a parallel resistor to the new signals? is that how it works? if so , i dont have any tools to measure and decide what resistor to buy...did anybody do it before? sportrider did you get rid of your turbo blinker problem?

S

sportrider

so,,,i looked at my new signal bulbs..they are 23Watt bulbs....i checked the original bulbs too,,they are 21W/5Watt bulbs...im assuming 5W for running lights and 21W for signals....i wont be having any running lights so that part is not an issue....do i have to equilize the wattage by putting a parallel resistor to the new signals? is that how it works? if so , i dont have any tools to measure and decide what resistor to buy...did anybody do it before? sportrider did you get rid of your turbo blinker problem?
yep, I installed an LED flasher.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/product-reviews/3188-sportrider_fz6-s-product-review-led-flasher.html

S

sportrider

the first flasher that comes up is identical to the one I got it's just $19.00 more expensive but depending on shipping it may be cheaper for guys in Canada

Edit: I just realized thats in Canadian Dollars, I don't know the exchange off hand so maybe it's not $19.00 more expensive.