POD lights and flasher relay

chemicalsmile

Reaction score
Visit site
Just installed my pod lights about a month ago - thanks to everyone for their howto's and discussion - it went very smoothly and I really like them.

Just wanted to post up that superbrightleds.com has motorcycle flasher relays that work on the FZ for less than $9. LINK

The flash rate really annoyed me and I didn't want to drop $20 at customled or mccoy (iirc) for a silly relay so I took a chance and it works great, flash rate is back to normal again, was plug and play and fits into the OEM rubber holder really well.

I originally used some cheapo 8-smd LED bulbs off ebay but was disappointed when they weren't very bright and were polarized. They were also almost flush with the R1 socket so hardly any light reached the headlight lens.

So...while buying the flasher relay I snagged a pair of their 12-LED 194 bulbs and am very happy with them. They're non-polarized so I was able to hook them up to the running light and flasher positives and get running lights that work as signals and they stick pretty far into the headlight lens so you can actually see them from most angles. I had to make the holes for the PODs a tiny bit bigger to fit the bulb in but the sockets still fit snugly.

After I got these, I finally felt safe removing the stock signals - they are ugly and flush mounts don't look much better since you still use those dumb brackets so I'm just using the POD lights as my front signals for now.

Anyways thanks again for this site and all the useful information here, hopefully I contributed a little.

*EDIT* Pics aren't working...will upload from home later. Also I'm not affiliated with superbrightleds at all...just am very happy with their products so far.

Last edited:

chemicalsmile

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's the pics. Was really bright out so the light got kind of washed out, looks much brighter in person. You can also see the ebay belly pan in the 3rd - ended up spraying it with duplicolor aerosol bedliner after 3 seperate paint jobs chipped off lol

Last edited: