I bought a yamaha xs650 chopper!

WHAT style should i go with?

• flat black very little chrome.

Votes: 59 77.6%
  • shiny paint lots of chrome.

Votes: 17 22.4%

• Total voters
I've completely missed this somehow... Very cool build! Can't wait to see more and some closer to finished shots. Well done and on the cheap too! :thumbup: :iconbeer:

I've completely missed this somehow... Very cool build! Can't wait to see more and some closer to finished shots. Well done and on the cheap too! :thumbup: :iconbeer:
Thankyou Sir,I would have been assembling this weekend,but I need help to put the forks and engine on the new frame.(it's heavy).All my helper's are are out of pocket at the moment.My brother just moved in his new house 3 days ago,Brett got a new girlfreind 2 weeks ago,and Dane might have a herniated disk in his neck..(want know till wednsday when he goes to nuerologist).so I will have to wait....for thing's to get back to normal with them...:iconbeer::surrender::D

Hope your brother gets well soon. Tell you friend to dish the gf.:spank: I'll check maybe I can fly over for a weekend ;) I wish. Well, she won't run away and a few days longer wont hurt :(
:rockon:

I had that same style rear wheel on my XS 400. At the time one of my neighbors bought a Harley and couldn't believe how quick the XS 400 was in comparison and I bet that 650 inline twin will have some grunt also:rockon:

Lookin good Shreevy!

Cliff

I had that same style rear wheel on my XS 400. At the time one of my neighbors bought a Harley and couldn't believe how quick the XS 400 was in comparison and I bet that 650 inline twin will have some grunt also:rockon:

Lookin good Shreevy!

Cliff
YEA, I was suprised at how fast it was in it standard form....it should realy haul it when i'm finished...:D :rockon:

Looking good Bro.....not a chopper person myself, but it's gotta be better than a Harley.....well it WILL go better than a lot of Harley's for a start...and as i have said before, cant wait to see this thing when it's done!

:thumbup::thumbup:

Coming along great:thumbup: Like to see the progress.
Thank's Man,I just gave the tank and seat to my upholstery man.he's gonna make a bra for the tank to match the seat with lot's of custom stiching!!! :D I also mounted the headlight this afternoon.:D

:iconbeer::DDid some wiring today..... I stripped the wiring haness today of all of it's lighting and safety assy today.after i was finished splicing and soldering the new version .i rapped it all in electrical tape like the factory would.then i went to recycle some beer and noticed the wife had replaced the trash can and toilet bowl brush with stainless steel peices.I asked where she got them she said Wal-Mart...bing a light bulb went off over my head and 10 min's later me and my 9 year old son River were in the kitchen isle of Wal-Mart looking at stainless steel canisters to make a wiring harness box out of.......cost me $19.96........

Last edited:
:iconbeer::DDid some wiring today..... I stripped the wiring haness today of all of it's lighting and safety assy today.after i was finished splicing and soldering the new version .i rapped it all in electrical tape like the factory would.then i went to recycle some beer and noticed the wife had replaced the trash can and toilet bowl brush with stainless steel peices.I asked where she got them she said Wal-Mart...bing a light bulb went off over my head and 10 min's later me and my 9 year old son River were in the kitchen isle of Wal-Mart looking at stainless steel canisters to make a wiring harness box out of.......cost me $19.96........

Man! wish I could be there to help with that harness. Long time ago I worked for an auto electric shop and did a lot of repair and new build. Love making everything talk to each other. Your 650 is going to be so Bada$$! You have to post some video when you're done cuz I wanna here that inline twin sound again...

Way Cool!

Cliff

Man! wish I could be there to help with that harness. Long time ago I worked for an auto electric shop and did a lot of repair and new build. Love making everything talk to each other. Your 650 is going to be so Bada$$! You have to post some video when you're done cuz I wanna here that inline twin sound again...

Way Cool!

Cliff
Yea, I could have used your help!!! turned out to have a point's ignition wiring harness that was converted to electronic....I noticed this when I stripped it but that was two months ago!....after looking at wiring harness diagrams for two hours and having no luck with a spark at the plug it dawned on me why the wiring didnt match and I plug the 6 wire genarator harness into the 7 wire ignition box and BINGO Houston we have ignition!!!:D

Wow. I wish I knew as much as you gearheads...all i hear is blah, blah, harness, blah, blah, ignition...

Wow. I wish I knew as much as you gearheads...all i hear is blah, blah, harness, blah, blah, ignition...
I can understand where your coming from..because when I was in highschool math class all I heard was blah,blah, blah,...DONNY!!! TAKE YOUR DESK OUT IN THE HALL AND STAY THERE TILL CLASS IS OVER!!!!!! :rof::rof::iconbeer::smoking::rof:

well today was a good day!I got the chopper stipped down to the bare bones.my brother rode over on his 94,1100 Honda shadow.so naturally the race was on! We tightened the chain on the donor bike and headed out to the main road.I remember thinkin how strong the little twin felt.so we got our opening and we headed out at a drag race pace .the houses around us were alive with the ear blistering roar of the two staight piped twins as they raced off around the first curve.Bronson slowed down and waved for me to come up beside him.but there was alot of oncoming traffic,and i don't know if you've ever ridden a chopper but let me fill you in on a little insider joke.you feel like it could fly appart at any time and with your feet out in front of you and a very thin seat with a backwards angle to it you feel like your gonna slide off the back when you gas it!other than that it's a total blast!!so finnally we get some clear road and i get up beside him we dropped down to about 35mph and i dropped down to second gear and GAGGED IT!!! I jumped him a good bike,and held him off till around 60mph then he slowly came on by and dusted me.BUT MAN IT WAS FUN!!!!!now we get to the interesting part.I had'nt bothered to really give the doner bike a good looking over and when i came to a stop inoticed a scrapping noise.i gave the bike a good looking over and found the chain gaurd had lost its bolt and was rubbing the sprocket.so i had no way to tie it up because i had'nt got the bike ready for the road.so what to do?why not try to rip it off with my bare hand's!!! so that's what i tried to do.i got it bent out of the way enough to make it home anyway.It was a good day!
Attached Thumbnails (I WROTE THIS 2 MONTHS AGO) on the xs650 forum I got one response......I LOVE THE FZ6 FORUM!!!!!:D

Dammit, I wish I was there to work on this with you. This sounds epic! We await the final product! :rockon:

Back