I bought a yamaha xs650 chopper!

WHAT style should i go with?

• flat black very little chrome.

Votes: 59 77.6%
  • shiny paint lots of chrome.

Votes: 17 22.4%

• Total voters
Well look's like it's going to be flat black with very little chrome!!! that works for me.it's a whole lot cheaper and I like it alot myself.The cool thing about a chopper is you can tear it down and change the paint scheme in a weeks time.today i'm going to drop the chopper frame off at my brothers. he will blast and prime it and i'm going to have him spray it red.meanwhile here at home i'm going to pull the carb's off the bobber ,and give them a good cleaning and synch them together put them back on ride it a little then pull the engine off and start cleaning and polishing it before it goes into it's new home on the chopper frame.I'll take plenty of pic's :rockon:

:D
I just love the black one in the first photo, very tough!:rockon:
yea me too the black one is Cool!! I got the carbs off today and cleaned them real good.it purr's like a kitten now!:D my brother is out of town so maybe tommorow i can get the chopper frame out to him.heres a few pic's from the carb job.it has a dyno jet kit in for the pipes and air cleaners #45 on the de-cell jet's so theres no Pop.:D

Last edited:
This makes me miss my old 73 TX650A yeah thats right... the xs with the cool parts. It was my first bike.

A guy wanted to buy it from me years ago. He said he wanted to chop it so I told him to get off of my property.

That is a pretty cool XS though.

This makes me miss my old 73 TX650A yeah thats right... the xs with the cool parts. It was my first bike.

A guy wanted to buy it from me years ago. He said he wanted to chop it so I told him to get off of my property.

That is a pretty cool XS though.
LOL!! I know the bike your talking about.a freind of mine has an 83 in mint origanal condition, they are hard to find.I only chop junkers myself.you were totally right to run him off your property.:D http://www.600riders.com/forum/bar/14803-got-xs-chopper-painted.html heres the update on the chopper if your interested.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I don't think I told you guys,but this project has only cost me $1,800 so far and i'm 95% finished after only 2 months....it makes for a realy cool hobbie....:D

man those Exile choppers are so Bad ass . some of the really cool things they do like twist clutch instead of a lever ,clipons on a chopper are just to cool I had never seen it untill they did it and man did it look cool

man those Exile choppers are so Bad ass . some of the really cool things they do like twist clutch instead of a lever ,clipons on a chopper are just to cool I had never seen it untill they did it and man did it look cool
Dude.....I am trying my best to make this thing as cool as possible....i'ts not easy finding these parts though....i could really use some help on the wheel's......I can't seem to find a 21" front wheel with a drum brake..

IT'S HERE!!! my front wheel was on my porch today when I came home,and I got me a welding machine too!!! WHEW HOO!!! GOD IS GOOD TO ME!! I AM TRULY BLESSED!!!:D

. . . d r e a m o n . . . :D
that is the only thing I can do at the moment but in future I'm definitely going to do something the same...

Years ago rebuild a VW Beetle and said the only time I'll do that again is for a VW Carmen Gia, well that newer happened and I' m not interested in doing that anymore.

Glad your plans getting along - always checking your progress or the next obstacle ;)

I'll try the more bobber look.
View attachment 17006

. . . d r e a m o n . . . :D
that is the only thing I can do at the moment but in future I'm definitely going to do something the same...

Years ago rebuild a VW Beetle and said the only time I'll do that again is for a VW Carmen Gia, well that newer happened and I' m not interested in doing that anymore.

Glad your plans getting along - always checking your progress or the next obstacle ;)

I'll try the more bobber look.
View attachment 17006
Thankyou,for staying up with my build.:D the first time I built a custom bike was out of nesescity purely to be able to ride.but this time I had saved my pennies and the timing felt right so I started searching and got lucky,to find this abandoned project...i've found 95% of the peices on ebay,and craigslist,and i've gotten some awesome deals!! and the stuff I wanted for it.I even found a local motorcycle salvage yard.....but the should call that a junkyard...because the place was a piled up mess of brocken parts and bent rim's....the internet has been the only reason i've been able too get this far...:D assembly starts next weekend!!!:rockon:

Back