Hardware Store Frame Caps

mikesova

Reaction score
Visit site
Going to do the matte black ?

I think they would still look good on the black frames with the stainless color, since there are other silver parts on the bike, like the rearsets.

However, I could try to do some painted ones. I just don't know how well it would hold up.

Sounds like the first 3 sets are spoken for. I have to go to the hardware today anyway, so I'll pick up some more.

Omniced

Reaction score
Visit site
Any chance you will share what size the well nuts are? You know... for us DIY-ers that don't want to make 50 trips to the hardware store?

Thanks!

QuietEagle

Lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
Going to do the matte black ?

If you really want it painted, your best option would be Rust-oleum Metallic Engine Enamel, Blacknight, 260750. It is practically an exact match to the frame. I also used it to paint oil filters with excellent results. Purchased at Autozone. Light scuff of the washers should make for good adhesion and durability, leave the bolt silver for some contrast. Here is a link...

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RLL-260750

and a picture of the product...

IMG_0244.jpg

Last edited:

MiLToS_666

Reaction score
www.facebook.com
I just wanted to share some quick photos I took with my mobile about an hour ago.
I received Mike's package yesterday and went ahead with the installation.
It was very straightforward and easy and it looks very good indeed!:thumbup:

There are very nice printed instructions included and all details are there.
As I was informed from Mike before I received it, the well nut that goes in the right side might be a very tight fit and will need to be sanded/filed a little bit to slide right in. I used a very sharp cutter and stripped tiny vertical parts of the rubber until it fit OK. I also sprayed a tiny bit of WD-40. It all took 10 minutes max.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with this purchase and it's worth its money for people that don't wanna go searching around hardware stores or don't have the option to do that.;)
I'm also very happy to be Mike's customer #1!:rockon:

Cheers!

Last edited: