Hardware store Homemade Top Plate for Givi Tail Rack Arms

mikesova

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently set up my FZ6 with some Givi E21 sidecases. In order to do this, you must also have the monorack (150$) or a fit kit (30$). I wanted a top rack, but I didn't necessarily want to fit it with a Givi case, yet. I found out that I could just order the side arms for around 80$. This allows you to purchase a different style of top plate for different purposes. I figured in the meantime I would just bolt something to the top of the arms so that I could strap a dry bag to it. My original thought was a cutting board, but then I was at my local cheap tool shop and saw this:

7599522550_54c7ffc006_b.jpg

It's a drywall tool (used to keep mud on when troweling on drywall compound) that's basically a flat piece of aluminum with a hole in the center for a handle. I measured and drilled the holes for the Givi arms and bolted it on with the (mostly supplied) givi hardware. I had to run to the hardware to pick up 4 washers and 4 m6 lock nuts.

7599525494_6eec496186_b.jpg

That's it. It was 12 bucks and some change for the tool, 3 bucks and some change for the hardware ( I went stainless.)

I also added some strap loops to the top plate so that I can strap a drybag directly to the plate. I haven't taken a picture yet.

Back