VS-2 Installation

tlegend

Reaction score
Visit site
i have yamaha underbelly, and rear seat cowl on my raven, any pics of the conversion with those?

Also, the turn signals need to be spliced and re-wired or just plug and play?

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
i have yamaha underbelly, and rear seat cowl on my raven, any pics of the conversion with those?

Also, the turn signals need to be spliced and re-wired or just plug and play?

If you want to see a variety of naked FZ6 pics, just go into the streetfighter section of teh forum and look though the FZ6N pics thread. You will be able to see many differnt looks there.

As far as the turn signals, Vishnu supplies a set with the kit that are smaller than the stock ones, but they would need to be spliced in and dont have the 3rd wire already hooked up for running lights. Personally, I just pulled the turn signals off the old fairing and plugged them right in. I think it looks just fine and didnt require any rewiring.

Below is a pic of my bike if you are interested:

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
thx for the pic and info bro, what kind of belly pan is that? i have the oem yamaha one with no grill.

No problem. I am using a PowerBronze belly pan that I got off eBay for $138 shipped. I went ahead and painted the silver mesh grill black to keep the all black look.

I like the look of the OEM Yami belly pan a little better, but to me it wasnt worth the price.

subaron

Reaction score
Visit site
If you want to see a variety of naked FZ6 pics, just go into the streetfighter section of teh forum and look though the FZ6N pics thread. You will be able to see many differnt looks there.

As far as the turn signals, Vishnu supplies a set with the kit that are smaller than the stock ones, but they would need to be spliced in and dont have the 3rd wire already hooked up for running lights. Personally, I just pulled the turn signals off the old fairing and plugged them right in. I think it looks just fine and didnt require any rewiring.

Below is a pic of my bike if you are interested:

+1. I used the stock signals from the original faring. If I was to use another set I would probably go with clear led signals. But thats for another day.

subaron

Reaction score
Visit site
If you are asking how you secure the headlight mounting bracket to the bike, it is as simple as the two lower bolts attaching where the horn used to be mounted, slipping the top piece under the triple tree, and then using a zip tie or two to hold down against the ignition.

OK I revisited the headlight bracket. It's under the Trippe tree...Hoover the speeding is now going to cover ignition. I have the 2005 round speeding. Any work around? How do I fix this?

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
OK I revisited the headlight bracket. It's under the Trippe tree...Hoover the speeding is now going to cover ignition. I have the 2005 round speeding. Any work around? How do I fix this?

I have a 2008 FZ, so I do not have the round speedo. However, I know there are different mounting locations on Vishnus plate to accomodate both without issue. I assume you are using the wrong mounting locations if you are having overlap issues with the ignition.

Make sure to pay careful attention to the directions, particularly the diagram, to ensure you are using the correct mounting spots.

subaron

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 2008 FZ, so I do not have the round speedo. However, I know there are different mounting locations on Vishnus plate to accomodate both without issue. I assume you are using the wrong mounting locations if you are having overlap issues with the ignition.

Make sure to pay careful attention to the directions, particularly the diagram, to ensure you are using the correct mounting spots.

Thanks. I will play around with it again. One more question, before I put everything together I want to get the marker light on the headlight working. Do i just splice the connectors from the turn signals and take the marker and the negative to it. Does it matter if its from the left of right turn signal? Or do I need to splice both turn signals?

dev_usc

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks. I will play around with it again. One more question, before I put everything together I want to get the marker light on the headlight working. Do i just splice the connectors from the turn signals and take the marker and the negative to it. Does it matter if its from the left of right turn signal? Or do I need to splice both turn signals?

Some options
1. If you decide the use the STOCK signals then you can take the +ve and -ve from the Low Beam as it is always ON.

2. If you are using the NAKED signals you can use the blue wire from LEFT or RIGHT as +ve. OR you can use the Low Beam as +ve