VS-2 Installation

mnuttall87

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks so much. Not sure how I missed that!

So when you went back were you able to find this? I have the VS-2 kit as well -- I thought the "loose" (mine is pretty tight w/ out this bolt in) headlight was a feature so you could instantly blind drivers in front of you doing 25 in a 55!

Kidding. Mine is kinda tight without it, but I went looking tonight and I see the flange piece to connect the small little bracket to -- but I can't for the life of me find somewhere on the headlight that it actually connects to?

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
So when you went back were you able to find this? I have the VS-2 kit as well -- I thought the "loose" (mine is pretty tight w/ out this bolt in) headlight was a feature so you could instantly blind drivers in front of you doing 25 in a 55!

Kidding. Mine is kinda tight without it, but I went looking tonight and I see the flange piece to connect the small little bracket to -- but I can't for the life of me find somewhere on the headlight that it actually connects to?

I am having the same problem. I see where on the bracket it should go, and the threaded nut, but I really am at a loss for what this correspondes with on the inside of the headlight housing.

mnuttall87

Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe Sawblade or Ben_H can chime in. That picture definitely helped -- but I don't see the inside headlight adjuster either.

dev_usc

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe Sawblade or Ben_H can chime in. That picture definitely helped -- but I don't see the inside headlight adjuster either.

Sorry guys for the confustion. Attached are the pics of the bracket which is on back side of the headlight. Also you can see the part of stay where the bracket is bolted. This bracket helps adujst the angle of headlight.

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
Dev that clears things up a million percent! Thank's so much for posting that. That's the bracket I was emailing you about.

mnuttall87

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep that picture is perfect. That bracket changes everything, haha. Now to find it -- I don't remember seeing anything extra! Midnight project....

VeeDubbinJetta91

Reaction score
Visit site
i am guessing since this is a plug and play kit the process is completely reversible?

Also how long does it take to install?

thx

Ill let you know soon if nobody else posts up...i just bought from from dev_usc just waiting now for it to show up at my door :BLAA:

redballs

It's a small world
Reaction score
Visit site
i am guessing since this is a plug and play kit the process is completely reversible?

Also how long does it take to install?

thx

To take off the original fairing, take of the stock fairing stay, remove stock headlight, splice the turn signals, and mount the Vs2 headlight with the speedo mount took me 2 and a half hours.

VeeDubbinJetta91

Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered up this Kit from Vishnu about 2 weeks ago, its been sitting in customs since dec 1st, Just curious from those who have ordered approx. how long does it take to clear customs? Vishnu has been super helpful throughout the whole process and would recommend him to anyone :thumbup: Cant wait to get my kit :)

VeeDubbinJetta91

Reaction score
Visit site
Finally got my kit and got it all installed. Question for others, what do you guys do with your excess wiring? i took the tank off but couldnt quite figure out how to pull the wire back into the frame, i zip tied it all up in the little space behind the headlight housing but it seems to get a little smashed when turning the handle bars left to right, i also wired in a relay to allow for proper low/high beam operation and it works great :) ill get some pics posted once its a little nicer out

mnuttall87

Reaction score
Visit site
My wiring is still running on the left -- fixing it up will be a "winter" (I ride year round) project for me most likely.

If I had seen this post I would have answered your customs question -- mine sat there for about 4 days and I was getting a little anxious as to what sort of weapon of mass destruction they were considering my headlight to be :rolleyes:......

Pranqster

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice! How much is the VS-2 kit?

$325 Form Vishnu (Dev_usc)
Its a fantastic deal and comes with everything. If I can install it, anyone can, and since its all yamaha stuff, it looks fantastic. I wouldn't hesitate on this mod. It can take a couple of weeks to get here from India, but its well worth it, and WAY cheaper than piecing it together yourself. Keep your fairing and you can go back at any time, or sell the fairing and put the money toward the kit! :D

VeeDubbinJetta91

Reaction score
Visit site
decided to take some time and rerun the wiring today, pulled the tank, battery, airbox, etc, stuffed the wiring all inside the frame so just enough is still out for the lights, looks much better and isnt in the way anymore :thumbup:

subaron

Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Found my answer on this post:
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-streetfighter/42045-problem-vs-2-install.html#post454824

I am using the same headlight set up. I was able to remove the horn and attach the metal mounting assembly in its place.

However, how did you secure the top of the metal mounting bracket to the bike? For now I just used zip ties on both sides. but it is a little flimzy on the top.

If you are asking how you secure the headlight mounting bracket to the bike, it is as simple as the two lower bolts attaching where the horn used to be mounted, slipping the top piece under the triple tree, and then using a zip tie or two to hold down against the ignition.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll be joining this group (the VS-2 converters) before too long. I'm already a naked convert, using the Buell setup, but the need to change my fork oil has exhibited to me the cons of having your entire front end mounted directly to the forks...lol!

I've already spoken with Vishnu about ordering sometime in early February (after the tax refund check comes in :thumbup:).

The one concern I had was that this is a plug-and-play kit...which is great if you're coming straight from your fairing to this. But my stock wiring harness needed to be all hacked up for the Buell mod, and I was concerned about having to reconnect certain connectors.

But, I got lucky...after deciding I wanted to switch to this headlight setup, I jumped on eBay, expecting to find a '06 wiring harness for $85+ (the usual cost of that piece). To my surprise, I was able to find one in perfect shape for $25! It's now sitting here waiting to replace the chopped up one. :D

Hopefully I won't have any problems with the installation, as it seems to be much more straightforward than doing a non-Yamaha installation (like the Buell), where you have to kinda make it work as you go along. While I'll miss my Buell setup...I adore how it looks...I like how this one looks too and I love the fact that it comes with a way to mount the speedo that's standardized. The biggest headache I had when doing the Buell conversion was trying to figure out and fabricate a mounting plate for the speedo cluster. Thank goodness they saved me the trouble with this kit.

I look forward to needing help from you guys...LOL. :rockon: