Fizzer totaled

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Thats from the towing company taping their tag on I think...definitely not me haha. Tires were Road 2's, and let me tell you, it's like driving with glue between you and the road, they're that good. I think it was in the 80s when I went down, was May 31st.

I have no idea what actually happened, just what I was told - I still don't remember anything from that day until I woke up in the hospital the next morning. All I know is that the bike went up on the nose, I turned into superman and had a quick argument with a guardrail before the bike landed on top of me. All in all, it could have been much worse, especially had I been driving at normal HOV speed (70-85) instead of the 50 they say I was doing.

I have Michelin Pilot Power 2CT's and they are like glue when warm, best tires I've ridden on so far.

I'm sure if you were going 50 and the cars in front of you stopped flipping over the bike may have been better than low siding and sliding into the back or under a car at 50 mph.

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
It doesn't look bad except for the fact that I apparently bent up some very expensive parts.

Meh... the bike's fine. All that'll buff right on out. Add a little duct tape (which the towing company has already helped you start) and you'll be road ready in no time! :D

ReblTeen84

Übernerd
Reaction score
Visit site
Meh... the bike's fine. All that'll buff right on out. Add a little duct tape (which the towing company has already helped you start) and you'll be road ready in no time! :D

Totaled and the insurance company already cut the check. I was surprised though until I saw the rear end of it. I wonder if that's where it landed. The dealer said they were at $3400 in parts not including labor. I think it might have something to do with the fact that the rear subframe got bent out of shape :D If I'm going to break something, at least I did it right the first time!

ReblTeen84

Übernerd
Reaction score
Visit site
I have Michelin Pilot Power 2CT's and they are like glue when warm, best tires I've ridden on so far.

I'm sure if you were going 50 and the cars in front of you stopped flipping over the bike may have been better than low siding and sliding into the back or under a car at 50 mph.

Possibly. I was told that I wasn't tailgating or anything, so that at least helps. The person that was behind me had no idea why the cars in front of me stopped, there was no good reason (or so I'm told).

Solarservant

Thrill-Seeker
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your bike, and glad you're okay too!:thumbup:

Always appreciate hearing about someone who made it because they were wearing their gear, especially in the summer.

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
Scary how much your bike looks like mine. 06 red with road 2's and smoke screen. It's awesome that you want to get back out on the road so soon. I hear lots of people take a break after a big wreck or at least take it easy for a while. Good luck to you!

ReblTeen84

Übernerd
Reaction score
Visit site
Scary how much your bike looks like mine. 06 red with road 2's and smoke screen. It's awesome that you want to get back out on the road so soon. I hear lots of people take a break after a big wreck or at least take it easy for a while. Good luck to you!

I'm chomping at the bit. It kills me seeing all the bikes on HOV when im stuck in traffic. My goal is to be back on 2 wheels the first week of Sept.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 7.7 using Tapatalk 2

ReblTeen84

Übernerd
Reaction score
Visit site
Like everyone's said, probably a good thing you don't remember. Don't try too hard to remember.

Still don't remember it. I drove past the area I went down in for the first time the other day...didn't even bring back so much as a flicker. Started PT today...4 weeks until I can ride again. Hopefully the knees and legs have the strength for it!

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 7.7 using Tapatalk 2

ReblTeen84

Übernerd
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I finally got the all clear from my doc - knees are finally back in shape, no open wounds. I'll have some nice battle scars, but that's about it. I can finally bend my right knee all the way back again too. One last visit to the neurologist for a follow up and I should be done.

Picked up a new bike today - bought a 2011 GSX-R600. Felt the best out of the 600's I tried out, a major bonus was being able to flat-foot it. I was able to compare it side by side with a CBR600 and definitely liked the feel of the GSX better. I'll trailer it home on Saturday, and then voila - back in the saddle for the first time in 3 months.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I finally got the all clear from my doc - knees are finally back in shape, no open wounds. I'll have some nice battle scars, but that's about it. I can finally bend my right knee all the way back again too. One last visit to the neurologist for a follow up and I should be done.

Picked up a new bike today - bought a 2011 GSX-R600. Felt the best out of the 600's I tried out, a major bonus was being able to flat-foot it. I was able to compare it side by side with a CBR600 and definitely liked the feel of the GSX better. I'll trailer it home on Saturday, and then voila - back in the saddle for the first time in 3 months.

Good luck mate, all the best.
Neil

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2