Fizzer totaled

ReblTeen84

Übernerd
Reaction score
Visit site
You were unconscious for over 12 hours? That's some serious knock. Glad you had a serious helmet!

For commuting I wear a Fieldsheer textile armored suit over my office clothes. Sidi Vertigo boots and my shoes stay at the office.

I hope you have a smooth recovery and get a newer Fizzer.

Oh no, I was awake and apparently very entertaining when they took me to the hospital and in the trauma center. I just remember none of it lol. At least I wasn't combative, they said alot of their riders are when they come in.

I wqs wearing a fieldsheer jacket. Good stuff.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 7.7 using Tapatalk 2

ReblTeen84

Übernerd
Reaction score
Visit site
Hope you heal quick.

I still refuse to ride around 395 & 495 in the DMV. Too many idiots and way too much craziness on those roads.

I take hov to the pentagon then hit the GW to get to McLean..I've seen some crazy things.

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow Rick. That's one heck of a maternal instinct your mom has!

Absolutely - and as I apparently 'died' on the way to hospital, very fortuitous too! (10mins later would have too late)

But not to redirect from the thread, I was more making a point that the OP may never remember.

Cheers,
Rick

Philippe1985

Reaction score
Visit site
Get well soon. Situations like this are the reason I wanted a bike with abs. Most of the time you think you don't need it. Till that one situation...Even in dry conditions...None of us is fast enough to prevent a brake from locking when something unexpected happens. On the track you don't really need that. But on the street it is essential I think.

ReblTeen84

Übernerd
Reaction score
Visit site
Get well soon. Situations like this are the reason I wanted a bike with abs. Most of the time you think you don't need it. Till that one situation...Even in dry conditions...None of us is fast enough to prevent a brake from locking when something unexpected happens. On the track you don't really need that. But on the street it is essential I think.

I'm thinking aboutrna replacement already since use it as a commuter. Might get an FJR, also been looking at the ninja 1000, I like how it feels.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm thinking aboutrna replacement already since use it as a commuter. Might get an FJR, also been looking at the ninja 1000, I like how it feels.

The FJR would be my choice however, be forwarned, it is a considerably bigger bike than the FZ, is not as flickable and with 145 HP by 7,500 RPM's, it will GIT without trying.

The FZ is quick when wound up, the FJR doesn't need but a twist of the throttle..

The newer ones have linked, ABS brakes too...

My old '04

Last edited:

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site

Give some consideration to the BMW F800R. Wavex and I rode one last weekend, just a blast to ride. Excellent MPG, looks great, great fit and finish plenty of torque for city use, and priced around $11000 USD. And most BMW dealers will let you take bikes out for test rides.

2011 BMW F800R Comparison Review - Motorcycle USA

11_234_shootout-2.jpg

ReblTeen84

Übernerd
Reaction score
Visit site
The FJR would be my choice however, be forwarned, it is a considerably bigger bike than the FZ, is not as flickable and with 145 HP by 7,500 RPM's, it will GIT without trying.

The FZ is quick when wound up, the FJR doesn't need but a twist of the throttle..

The newer ones have linked, ABS brakes too...

My old '04

I appreciate tthe warning - I've never ridden over 600cc so I'm a little leery. I like the FJR for its seat and ride height, my wife is a fan of the backseat as well. I def think I'm going for something with linked ABS though, I'm in no mood for another off.

I'll take a look at the BMW too.

ReblTeen84

Übernerd
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, so far I'm leaning towards a CBR600rr ABS. I checked one out and I like the weight and feel, and I want ABS. will check out the BMW next time I'm near the dealer. The FJ was too big a bike though and the Ninja 1000 didn't feel as good as the CBR. Its going to be interesting going to a true sport bike!

Rash is healing nicely and I start PT on the 24th to get my right knee bending all the way again. My goal is to be back on 2 wheels in the first week of Sept. Neurologist says I can rie again at the and of August.

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree to the jeans definitely investing in some pants nothing special but a little knee pads and better material than jeans plus ls they breathe better

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Bummer about your bike, but thank god you are ok minus some cuts and bruises. Heal up, and get back in the saddle soon!

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
I'm a little slow, so this is the first time that I've seen this thread. Glad that you came out of the accident fairly well. Sounds like you're healing up nicely.

The CBR600RRs are great bikes. Even reviewed one a while back. However, Cali Rider pointed out a great bike: BMW F800R. It looks an awful lot like a Speed/Street Triple, but it is a great looking bike. Wouldn't mind having one of those myself. You also mentioned the Ninja 1000. Those are also good bikes. They are effectively Z1000s, but fully faired, but comfortable bikes. Very powerful though. Each of the three mentioned here are.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Man tough break sorry to hear about your little spill but thankful you are still with us to ride another day!

I live in Virginia about an hour SW of DC. I have to travel on business around the beltway every week or 2 and man I don't understand how people ride with all those fools around there! I almost get hit driving an F150 at least 2-3 times every time I drive that way!

Now you know why ATGATT is so important even when it's 100 degrees and paying super close attention to what traffic is doing around you to avoid having to lock up the brakes. You are fortunate that the person behind you when this happened saw it coming and stopped in time to not run you over!

Ride safe!

ReblTeen84

Übernerd
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a little slow, so this is the first time that I've seen this thread. Glad that you came out of the accident fairly well. Sounds like you're healing up nicely.

The CBR600RRs are great bikes. Even reviewed one a while back. However, Cali Rider pointed out a great bike: BMW F800R. It looks an awful lot like a Speed/Street Triple, but it is a great looking bike. Wouldn't mind having one of those myself. You also mentioned the Ninja 1000. Those are also good bikes. They are effectively Z1000s, but fully faired, but comfortable bikes. Very powerful though. Each of the three mentioned here are.

I've decided against the Ninja...I'm about 175lbs and it doesn't feel right, weight wise, compared to the CBR. Plus I don't know that I need a literbike, esp since my insurance is probably going to go up from the accident. I still want to take a look at the BMW, but I have a feeling it might be too big of a bike as well, but we'll see. More than likely I'll wind up with the CBR. I read a road test of it, and I like the fact that when they did the braking test, even with the front forks completely compressed on wet ground from the stop, the rear wheel never lifted. Having experienced firsthand what happens when you go over the handlebars and into a guardrail, I'd rather avoid that particular pleasure again. Finally remembered to grab the pictures off my laptop. It doesn't look bad except for the fact that I apparently bent up some very expensive parts.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I was thinking about this and I've never heard of a motorcycle flipping from applying too much front brake but with how hot it's been I'm sure your front tires were like glue to the road and just maybe it's possible for the bike to flip before the front tire were to skid!

EDIT: Just curious, what was the duct tape on the throttle grip for?

ReblTeen84

Übernerd
Reaction score
Visit site
I was thinking about this and I've never heard of a motorcycle flipping from applying too much front brake but with how hot it's been I'm sure your front tires were like glue to the road and just maybe it's possible for the bike to flip before the front tire were to skid!

EDIT: Just curious, what was the duct tape on the throttle grip for?

Thats from the towing company taping their tag on I think...definitely not me haha. Tires were Road 2's, and let me tell you, it's like driving with glue between you and the road, they're that good. I think it was in the 80s when I went down, was May 31st.

I have no idea what actually happened, just what I was told - I still don't remember anything from that day until I woke up in the hospital the next morning. All I know is that the bike went up on the nose, I turned into superman and had a quick argument with a guardrail before the bike landed on top of me. All in all, it could have been much worse, especially had I been driving at normal HOV speed (70-85) instead of the 50 they say I was doing.