Fffing frustrated with particular breed of new riders...

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I tell ya what.. I had my permit and put 1k miles on my bike waiting for my msf date ( i signed up the day i got my permit and had to wait 3 months) Anywho, being 21 and never riding before I figured I'll be the odd man out and go get the class so I can had more "tricks up my sleeve." Come to find out, I had already developed bad habits in my riding. Also, CT REQUIRES an msf in order to get a license as of jan of 2011.

Just FYI, you have the option of showing up early for the class in hopes that someone bails. If there's an open spot, you get right in.
I got in this way when I took mine 4 years ago or so. I would have had to wait another 1.5 months and I just wasn't willing to accept that :D

dalexc

Reaction score
Visit site
Taking the MSF course when I was younger greatly prepared me for riding a motorcycle. It establishes great riding habits and teaches essential riding skills. which everyone should have!

After reading the posts on here I figured I'd share a quick story regarding a student in the MSF course. All but one student in the course had no previous riding experience. This guy was only taking the class to accompany his wife, who was new to riding, and he had been riding for 30+ years. My assumption is that he would be one of the better students in class...boy was I wrong! During every exercise he was the person needing further correction and he seemed to disregard the time the instructors were taking to enforce proper riding habits. Of course the time came to take the final riding test for the Basic MSF course and of the entire class only one student failed to pass the test. Can you guess who this was? Of course, it was the guy with 30+ years riding experience whose bad habits were too ingrained to be changed within the few days of the course. I'm hoping that at one point in time the MSF course becomes mandatory for the motorcycle endorsement throughout the country. Nothing worries me more than motorcycle riders riding down the street in a cut off T-shirt, shorts, and flip-flops. As people have said previously, it's not if you'll drop the bike, but when.