cdi dead in yamaha fz6 fazer S2 (europe model)

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, you lost me, payneib said there is no light for the sidestand.

His bike is the same as yours.

Please take a pic of what ever light / error code, etc is showing when it acts up...

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

DruGus

(non) ClockWorking Fazer
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, sorry for misunderstood. Currently don´t know if this feature is or not wrong or cheating something related to my issue

i have a video : on there you can see switch side stand status doesn´t change.

[video=youtube_share;u32e0ev2UrM]https://youtu.be/u32e0ev2UrM[/video]

pd: sorry for music need to mute cries and wailings from my kids from nap

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Randy,

If he's getting a code from the side stand, I would be VERY suspicious of the side stand switch itself (perhaps failing/shorting, etc) . That switch would/should be the only thing that should pop that code then...

I would be by passing that switch and see what happens.

It wouldn't be the first time the side switch has failed and the spring inside the unit rusted out.

That switch failing / sometimes working, would explain the ignition coming and going at random times, same as putting it down while underway, engine dies...

Last edited:

DruGus

(non) ClockWorking Fazer
Reaction score
Visit site
I couldn´t discard any detail by this moment. Finally one spanish owner answered with S1 model and says #20 DIAG MODE is always ON as in my bike.

I´m cautious looking rubbers, switches and wires, specially rubbers after air box.....doubting if dirty enough to drown throttle, but actually cleaning as much I can.

SAM_0696.jpg
SAM_0697.jpg

Thinking about continue removing ramp inyector, anyway I´m going to disassemble AIS rubbers, all of them seem a little oiled.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Scott, its diagnostic function. There is no light but the on/off depending on side stand position.

Link to Diag codes....
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-...ttery-charging-brake-bleeding.html#post591363

20 : Side stand switch - displays ON or OFF. Retracted = ON, Extended = OFF
21 : Neutral gear switch - displays ON or OFF. Neutral = ON, In Gear = OFF

I couldn´t discard any detail by this moment. Finally one spanish owner answered with S1 model and says #20 DIAG MODE is always ON as in my bike.

I´m cautious looking rubbers, switches and wires, specially rubbers after air box.....doubting if dirty enough to drown throttle, but actually cleaning as much I can.

Just because ONE other bike reports the same, I do NOT believe that is how it is supposed to be.
The Schematic and Electrical System want the switch to closed (Conducts electricity) for the engine to start and stay running when in gear. Does your engine stop if you place the SS down while in gear?

FSM for ALL VERSIONS OF THE FZ6 is still active as of 2015-12

* The warning light flashes when any one of the conditions listed below is present and the start switch is pushed: 19: Sidestand switch (open circuit in the wire to the ECU)
Error - 19 Sidestand switch (open circuit wire harness to ECU)
Open circuit is detected in the input line from the sidestand switch to the ECU. CEL Flashes and Unable Start.

Meaning - if you unplug the switch completely - and turn the key on, you should get this error.

JJD952 Manual

DruGus

(non) ClockWorking Fazer
Reaction score
Visit site
FinalImpact said:
Does your engine stop if you place the SS down while in gear?

Well, I tried this feature several times these days and results always same, engine stopped as supposed was going to do.

What do you think about dirty rubbers ?

I edit : waiting to other folks reporting something

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just because ONE other bike reports the same, I do NOT believe that is how it is supposed to be.

JJD952 Manual

+100^^^^^

IT SHOULD NOT BE THROWING ANY CODES, PERIOD

Your ECU is telling you what's wrong, I don't know why your ignoring it, and the advise your getting here.

Please read , if there's a bad connection in the side stand switch, the ignition will come on and off intermittently.

Please read , if there's a bad connection in the side stand switch, the ignition will come on and off intermittently.

PLEASE BYPASS THE SIDE STAND SWITCH TO RULE IT OUT (should be tying both wires together that go to the side stand as I re-call)

If not, enjoy chasing rabbits as your issues are likely something simple..

DruGus

(non) ClockWorking Fazer
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not ignoring anything. As i said before don't discard anything.

As i also don't ignore that driving under 5.000 rev. And no ignition fall or anything wrong even if you go up for a moment.

I could bet but I'm not sure that i checked this diag code far time ago and since i could remember always had appeared so.

I couldn't chase no one....I'm too dumb heading on a wall. Thks for be aware this post. Keep cleaning AIS by now, also looking forward side stand switch

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
+100^^^^^

IT SHOULD NOT BE THROWING ANY CODES, PERIOD

Your ECU is telling you what's wrong, I don't know why your ignoring it, and the advise your getting here.

PLEASE BYPASS THE SIDE STAND SWITCH TO RULE IT OUT (should be tying both wires together that go to the side stand as I re-call)

If not, enjoy chasing rabbits as your issues are likely something simple..

IMO there is value in doing both. Disconnecting it should throw an error (value added knowing the system works) and shorting it could shed light towards solving a bigger problem...

Again - cleaning AIS is not going to solve driveability issues. But maybe you find something else along the way...

So, how much info is lost in translation; that is the big question!

DruGus

(non) ClockWorking Fazer
Reaction score
Visit site
Wanna bet ? Blah
SAM_0708.jpg
SAM_0707.jpg

( don´t shoot me, just kidding ! )

Well, I wish cleaning this could solve the big problem (engine power loss) but i´m not really expecting.......just releasing dirty :spank:

SAM_0704.jpg

Last edited:

DruGus

(non) ClockWorking Fazer
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe you´d like to know this : side stand trouble is solved. In fact i was checking this feature in neutral gear (workshop manual doesn´t specified)

Now I understood you need to gear some shift to check it is working (LCD changes from ON to OFF)

In fact it had had to work fine because while always I turned on bike and push gear up/down if side stand was on ground then engine always turned off.

Tomorrow have a date to check fuel pump pressure. I hope be more near to solve now.

DruGus

(non) ClockWorking Fazer
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes. Just coming back from repair workshop. I left my bike there. Fuel pump is ok but issue still going on.

I can't do anything more. Now is in better hands but mechanic looked me bad eyed and told me this will take long.

I will share a video when i get home.

Last edited:

DruGus

(non) ClockWorking Fazer
Reaction score
Visit site
Better if screen rotation disable before playing it. Is hard to listen but only after second ignition is running in four cylinders.

DruGus

(non) ClockWorking Fazer
Reaction score
Visit site
Well...now other is called to chase a rabbit but i will pay for this [emoji24]

DruGus

(non) ClockWorking Fazer
Reaction score
Visit site
No way. Workshop tried and also fail ! Now selling by parts......

Enviado desde mi GT-I9305 mediante Tapatalk

DruGus

(non) ClockWorking Fazer
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd like to thank everyone who tried to help me in those weeks ago. Troubleshooting was deadly hard and at least didn't found any way to fix it.

99ac081a888bbffc9f319ffe9440a4ef.jpg

As a little relief I'm selling by parts to earn some of money lost in spares & workshop.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9305 mediante Tapatalk