bd43's 07 Headlight Mod Part 2

armystrong

feeling Triumphant
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
BD43,
The harness came yesterday and I put it on this afternoon. It took me about 2 1/2 hours and I must say it's very nice. Thanks for the quality work. Great product and another satisfied customer!

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
I have a question about this mod I haven't seen elsewhere.

To do this, you need to remove the battery. Isn't that going to play havoc with my alarm/immobiliser? Am I going to have to re-program all of it? That would REALLY suck if I have to do that.

Has anyone else had any trouble with the immobiliser while doing this mod? Is there anything I need to know before I screw up my bike?

hellstormer

Reaction score
Visit site
I've done the mod on Tue, using limited local resources.
Cos it too costly for Mr. Yamaha to send me the harness...:(:(

Anyway, super mod !!! Once again thanks duke for the wonderful info...

armystrong

feeling Triumphant
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
Doorag--my bike has a Scorpio alarm hooked to the battery. When I removed the alarm from the battery...no problem. When I put it back it chirped once or twice, but I did not have to do any re-programming. It worked fine once I got everything put back together.

JMP007

JP
Reaction score
Visit site
This headlight mod is by far the most professional. I'm chuffed to bits with the result! Thanks for taking the time to research and document the procedure.

Kim White

Reaction score
Visit site
As the same in the other headlight mods, pull the connector off the rear side of the right headlight assembly. Flip open the rear cover and insert the flag connector into the empty spot. Close the cover, fold the wire around to align with the other wires and wrap with electrical tape up as far as you can go. Plug back into headlight assembly.

watermark.php

Start putting everything back together. Put the connector halves back in the boot, tuck inside the frame, move the battery box back into position, and install air box on top. Note the special bolt used to hold down the battery box.

watermark.php

The test. Picture shows switch on low beam, the right side headlight (picture left) is illuminating low beam filament.

watermark.php

The switch is now flipped to high beam. The right side headlight (picture left) high beam filament is illuminated while the low beam filament is now off or non-illuminated.

watermark.php

That concludes the mod. Once the wire harness was made, not a lot of time was spent on the bike itself. Hopefully this is of use to someone.
Hi Daryl,

Have you any of these excellent harnesses left or are you still in production, I would very much like to buy one from you if you could tell me how to go about this and how much this service would be it would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Kim White, UK.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Daryl,
I finally did it today, its much lighter in the evenings.
I managed to install the wiring harness and an external power out let in 32 minutes flat. I only used the tools that came under the seat.
Yes ladies and gents I will accept your applause and admiration..............................................................................................................It took me 52 minutes to get the feking air box back on. I could not seat it right. I was so pi55ed off that I went for a cup of coffee to calm down. I losened all of the clamps, but it would still not go on.
In desperation I swore loudly several time in fact. Then it just popped on.
I think that I did not have it completely level.
On the plus side it rocks (thaks BD) I now have external power for my twat nav. I am confident in removing some of the body work, and have a better mechanical knowlwge of my machine, I have two headlights that work.
The only negative is that the little lugg snapped off the right light conector when I slid the final part in. Its not a biggie and easy to fix.
The wiring diagram pics that you posted on the thread are exactly the same for my 2005 as your origional diagram. I have datatool alarm and Yamaha imobiliser fitted. I was really concerned if this would screw the bike up. No problem what so ever. Lesson, if you want to nick an FZ6 (UK model) just cut the battery wires) Thanks so much guys,in partiular Biker Dude

Much indebted to you.

Neil:thumbup:

Last edited:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Daryl,
I managed to install the wiring harness and an external power out let in 32 minutes flat. I only used the tools that came under the seat.
Yes ladies and gents I will accept your applause and admiration..............................................................................................................It took me 52 minutes to get the feking air box back on. I could not seat it right. I was so pi55ed off that I went for a cup of coffee to calm down. I losened all of the clamps, but it would still not go on.
On the plus side it rocks (thaks BD) I now have external power for my twat nav. I am confident in removing some of the body work, and have a better mechanical knowlwge of my machine, I have two headlight that work.
The only negative is that the litle lugg snapped off the right light conector when I slid the final part in. Its not a biggie and easy to fix.
The wiring diagram pics that you posted on the thread are exactly the same for my 2005 as you origional diagram. I have datatool alarm and Yamaha imobiliser fited. I was really concerned if this would screw the bike up. No problem what so ever. Lesson, if you want to nick an FZ6 (UK model) just cut the battery wires) Thanks so much guys,in partiular Biker Dude

Much indebted to you.

Congratulations!!!.... it is funny how yelling at things can make them work... even though you know that they can't hear you.

Numpty

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Daryl,
On the plus side it rocks (thaks BD) I now have external power for my twat nav. I am confident in removing some of the body work, and have a better mechanical knowlwge of my machine, I have two headlight that work.
The only negative is that the litle lugg snapped off the right light conector when I slid the final part in. Its not a biggie and easy to fix.
The wiring diagram pics that you posted on the thread are exactly the same for my 2005 as you origional diagram. I have datatool alarm and Yamaha imobiliser fited. I was really concerned if this would screw the bike up. No problem what so ever. Lesson, if you want to nick an FZ6 (UK model) just cut the battery wires) Thanks so much guys,in partiular Biker Dude

Much indebted to you.

:wav::wav:

On the other hand what is it you do for a job!!!!

Hope i dont end up in your ER, if it takes you that long to line up an air box what hope would i have :p :p :p :p :D

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Hope i dont end up in your ER, if it takes you that long to line up an air box what hope would i have :p :p :p :p :D
Mate with you I would apply a DNAR order, job done lol

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Go on then whats a DNAR bound to be something funny at my expense
Sadly not, verry poor medical humor, and no offence meant DNAR " Do not attempt resuscitation" These orders are given when in the event of an arrest the out come would be futile.
God thats so grim, I spend large parts of my time trying to ensure people have a dignified death.
Or next week it might mean "Dosn't Numpty's arse reak lol"

Numpty

Reaction score
Visit site
Sadly not, verry poor medical humor, and no offence meant DNAR " Do not attempt resuscitation" These orders are given when in the event of an arrest the out come would be futile.
God thats so grim, I spend large parts of my time trying to ensure people have a dignified death.
Or next week it might mean "Dosn't Numpty's arse reak lol"

Have you been talking to toolkit????? LOL

kvanderploeg

Reaction score
Visit site
Did the mod this morning. Finally had a chance to get out in the garage as work has been so hectic. Actually this is the second mod, first being frame sliders, so I was learning about how it all comes apart as I went along. Shipping was very fast, and instructions are better than most commercially produced products I've purchased for my bikes.

Overall, it took a little over an hour. The only things that confused me were how to pull off the lower half of the airbox, and exactly how to route the new wire. Neither of which were really that confusing. What a great mod! Looks great, and adds safety. What more could you want?

Kent

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Numpty, please dont worry, my other box alignment is very rapid lol.