Round Headlight - DRL & Indicator issue!

Athosch97

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello again everyone, I feel like I've been posting like crazy since I got my bike but you guys are alot of help. I bought this headlight from amazon https://amzn.to/3rQYaYX, and I successfully connected everything from the harness, indicators work but it seems like there is an issue with the DRL and Indicators, as you can see in the video here
(that is a link with the exact timestamp of how the indicators are responding). So my question is, I managed to hook up the DRL because mine wasn't a naked and there were DRL cables so I merged those 2 cables and put a pin on them it was really plug and play. The issue is, with the DRL connected the indicators are not blinking, but only when I use a single indicator, when I use the emergency signals it blinks fine. I might be asking for alot but anyone has suggestions on how to keep the DRL connected but still get the indicators to blink normally?

Reaction score
Visit site
"I feel like I've been posting like crazy since I got my bike"
It's why we spend time here! To seek and to give help.

If you are certain that you have the indicators (which should have 2 wires each) ground, high beam and low beam / DRL wires (same wire) connected properly, and it is an LED, then you may need to look into some form of relay for it. If you have the LED tailight, then you may already have a relay installed for the indicators, otherwise I'm thinking you have something mis-wired.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It's hard to comment on a solution when we don't document what the color codes are.
If you search on the forum you should find the color codes the directional signals. Also I believe the original signal relay brought the Directional wire to ground and not an open/floating potential. So documentation is important in the process.

Athosch97

Reaction score
Visit site
"I feel like I've been posting like crazy since I got my bike"
It's why we spend time here! To seek and to give help.

If you are certain that you have the indicators (which should have 2 wires each) ground, high beam and low beam / DRL wires (same wire) connected properly, and it is an LED, then you may need to look into some form of relay for it. If you have the LED tailight, then you may already have a relay installed for the indicators, otherwise I'm thinking you have something mis-wired.
Hey thankyou for the reply! Yes I'm certain that those are the indicator wires since it works on the headlight it just doesn't blink, I should really send a video to you guys, but it sounds like the relay might a possible solution I'll search more into it luckily when I find some more time to work on the bike! Thanks again!

Athosch97

Reaction score
Visit site
It's hard to comment on a solution when we don't document what the color codes are.
If you search on the forum you should find the color codes the directional signals. Also I believe the original signal relay brought the Directional wire to ground and not an open/floating potential. So documentation is important in the process.
Thanks for the reply Motogiro! I'll try to look into it a bit more, to be fully honest with you I'm not that good with electricals I was hoping someone had that same headlight mod and found the solution, but I'll figure it out eventually I'm sure!