Alien Cafe Racer Headlight! fitted! now with lotsa pics!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Definitely feeling it more. What a difference a little paint and some clip-ons makes :eek:

Looking forward to more photos.

Cheers, going to do a photo shoot today, after i have had a sleep!

Actually, there is no paint yet! That is still the unpainted black ABS Plastic! But i am wondering whether i need to paint it, after giving it a good polish, followed by some decent Carnubrua Wax....it came up a million dollars, just doesnt have the tiny silver fleck that the rest of bike's paint has in it...

The Clip-ons definitely make a massive difference! I also now plan to fill in the bottom of the "Fairing" with a piece of moulded ABS plastic that will match the finish of the rest of the thing...

This should hide the rear of the 2 headlights nicely, but will be a "Mission" to get right!!! I love this stuff....tweaking and modifying your mods to get them just right...

Spent 4 hours in the shed today, doing the conversion...enjoyed every minute immensely...

:rockon:

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Cheers, going to do a photo shoot today, after i have had a sleep!

Actually, there is no paint yet! That is still the unpainted black ABS Plastic! But i am wondering whether i need to paint it, after giving it a good polish, followed by some decent Carnubrua Wax....it came up a million dollars, just doesnt have the tiny silver fleck that the rest of bike's paint has in it...

The Clip-ons definitely make a massive difference! I also now plan to fill in the bottom of the "Fairing" with a piece of moulded ABS plastic that will match the finish of the rest of the thing...

This should hide the rear of the 2 headlights nicely, but will be a "Mission" to get right!!! I love this stuff....tweaking and modifying your mods to get them just right...

Spent 4 hours in the shed today, doing the conversion...enjoyed every minute immensely...

Excellent! Rest up, then get out there and do a photo shoot...oh, and if you want to have a few of those hot chicks pose with the bike that would be ok with me :thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Naked ladies on naked bike +1 please

They could'nt be naked if i wanted to post the photo's on here....it'a against forum rules, anyway, "implied" nudity is far more appealing IMHO!

I have the 2009 Zoo Weekly Australian Swimsuit Model Calender cover girl coming to my office this week, to collect her crown & sash....maybe i could get her to pose for a few shots

View attachment 28501

:D:D:D

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
They could'nt be naked if i wanted to post the photo's on here....it'a against forum rules, anyway, "implied" nudity is far more appealing IMHO!

I have the 2009 Zoo Weekly Australian Swimsuit Model Calender cover girl coming to my office this week, to collect her crown & sash....maybe i could get her to pose for a few shots

View attachment 28501

Yep! That'll do just fine :jawdrop:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

View attachment 28501

Now that is by far the best mod you could do :D

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
OK, the light has arrived! Woohoo! After all my misgiving's, and confusion re the Spanish postal service...my light turned up exactly one month after it was sent! It seems the tracking sites were misleading me as to where the package was!

Anyway, it's here, and it is now on my bike...

This is only a "First Fit", and at this point, i have not had it painted, i have not installed my clip-on handlebars, and i am yet to remove the old headlight mounting bracket! So it will look VERY DIFFERENT once all the other stuff is done...

but for now, i thought i would fit it up, and see that it fits...

Am reasonably happy with the look at the moment, but it does need modification to fit how i want it too...just aint had time yet, as i have been moving house...It needs to be angled back a bit more than it is now, but that will require a small modification of the mounting brackets, which i will do this weekend, when i fit the Clip-on handlebars...

Wiring the thing up, was a little interesting, but in the end i got there....the H3 Projector beam headlights are fantastic!!! Much brighter, and broader coverage than the OEM headlight's! Getting the lights to point in the right direction was easy, via 4 adjuster screws on each headlight.

The overall quality of the unit is great, great finish, easy fitting, decent mounting brackets, Headlight assembly, very sturdy...definitely worth what i paid for it in that respect.

Anyway, here are some photo's of it as it looks for the "first fit"!
View attachment 28443

View attachment 28444

View attachment 28445

View attachment 28446

Opinions please!!!

as i expected! these headlights 'hug' the bike nicer than my previous puig streefighter headllight! congrats on your purchase. :cheer:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OK, never got the photo's taken yesterday, as it was raining all day, but today i got some better pics, from the side, etc. I also have adjusted the position of the headlight unit again, since fitting the clip-ons...and i think i am getting closer to getting the look "right"...

At night, the light's are fantastic, and the unit is pretty stable. I reckon i am one more fit away from getting the light exactly where i like it...

View attachment 28602

View attachment 28603

View attachment 28604

View attachment 28605

View attachment 28606

View attachment 28607

View attachment 28608

View attachment 28609

View attachment 28610

View attachment 28611

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good job.

Love them both :thumbup:

One suggestion - remove the sticker from the radiator cap. I have. Looks much better :D

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good job.

Love them both :thumbup:

One suggestion - remove the sticker from the radiator cap. I have. Looks much better :D

Your not the first person to say that! Only the other day, i thought, hmmm, i really should get rid of that sticker! well spotted though! :D

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

View attachment 28501

If You like I could pop around and whip out my tripod:eek::spank::D:BLAA:

As for the light/screen...Looking pretty good. I'm gonna have to say that with the clip-ons on there, it might look better about an inch lower...lol...that's if you haven't already tried it and as far as sports riding position, and hiding behind it, it looks to be pretty close:thumbup:.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If You like I could pop around and whip out my tripod:eek::spank::D:BLAA:

As for the light/screen...Looking pretty good. I'm gonna have to say that with the clip-ons on there, it might look better about an inch lower...lol...that's if you haven't already tried it and as far as sports riding position, and hiding behind it, it looks to be pretty close:thumbup:.

It looks better already... +1 on it being too high on the forks :)

I am about to go out to the workshop and turn the mounting brackets upside down...or maybe it's the right way up!!!! Instructions were in Spanglish, and minimal at best, so, so far it has been...adjust, scratch my head, adjust, scratch my ......, adjust....stand back, have another smoke, adjust...

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am about to go out to the workshop and turn the mounting brackets upside down...or maybe it's the right way up!!!! Instructions were in Spanglish, and minimal at best, so, so far it has been...adjust, scratch my head, adjust, scratch my ......, adjust....stand back, have another smoke, adjust...

Ok, i turned the brackets upside down, and now the headlight unit is sitting about 4 inches lower, or the bottom is now about 3 inch's below the bottom triple clamp, the top of the unit, now sits about an inch and a half above the instrument cluster, and i have also pulled the unit closer to the bike, with the back of the "screen, now about an inch in front of the instrument cluster, and the side's of the unit, is about half an inch in front of the clutch and brake levers....all much sleeker, lower, and just as i desired...i love it when this forum promotes a moment of inspiration!!!

Bringing the unit so much lower, as i always wanted it to be, but could not work out, until i deceided to reverse the mounting brackets, has also enabled me to pull the brake lines up and over the top of the rear of the 2 stacked headlights...Phew!

Photo's tomorrow, it's 3.30am in the morning! :eek: