Alien Cafe Racer Headlight! fitted! now with lotsa pics!

You know that saying, "Why mess with a good thing?"

Well, I'm pretty sure that it does not apply to you, Wolfman, for some reason. You had arguably one of the sweetest FZs ever, and now there can be no arguement...Awesome job!:D

OK, have just arisen from my exhaustion induced slumber, and the first thing i did this morning was take these shots of the headlight mounted much lower, but with the clamps mounted much higher, but the "right" way around...

Is it too low now???....there's plenty of room to move the whole thing up a little....But i do like the mega low profile now!

View attachment 28623

View attachment 28624

View attachment 28625

View attachment 28626

View attachment 28627

View attachment 28628

Is it too low? opinions please...

:D

I personally love it at the lower position. Gives the bike an almost palatable meanness :)

:rockon: :thumbup:

Yup, looks heaps better with them lower. Looks excellent now. I'll have to drop 'round and see it in the flesh.

:rockon:

Yep, the light is staying exactly where it is right now!

Just have to work out how i am going to mount my indicators...as with the light unit pulled back so far...there is no room to mount indicators off the mounting bracket for the light....looks like it's back into the workshop tonight to fabricate somethging that works, looks good, and looks professional...

Also have a bit of wiring stuff to clean up behind the headlight, now i have the thing mounted where i like it!!!

And Dave, your welcome to pop round anytime, there's always a cold beer in the fridge with your name on it...

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sweet, I'm on my way... lmao. Nah, not tonight, got a V8 race lined up for tonight.

Oh yeah, don't forget to update the pic in your sig with the new "low-slung" headlight unit.

:rockon:

Lol! Your onto me....i was just off to do that! :D

Have fun with your V8 game...which track???

:thumbup:

The bike looks a lot better now, with the headlight lower:thumbup:

That's why I want to lower my screen as well...

+1 much much better now.

The top triple needs to be cleaned up :) looks out of place on such a sick/clean bike.

+1 much much better now.

The top triple needs to be cleaned up :) looks out of place on such a sick/clean bike.

Only problem with cleaning up the top triple clamp is where do i mount my steering damper, which with the clip-ons is needed more than ever!

If it wasnt for that, i would have a trick top triple clamp there already! Just today someone offered to machine one up for me...

:(

Sweet dude! It's less useful for hiding behind, but looks a whole lot better in that position for sure. I'm glad to see you got it all sussed out. I imagine your wily coyote blackboard copped a fair old workout....Not to mention the durries.:D

Back