2005 FZ6 lowering

jhumphreys2018

Reaction score
Visit site
So hello everyone. I'm new here and am looking into lowing my bike. I was wondering if anyone here has used any of the front drop in progressive sping kits from the United Kingdom and the rear spring change out kit. Looking at a 30mm drop in kit, front and back. Has good reviews but wanted to see if any members have gone this route or a similiar one and what they think about the change. I do not want a lowing link, rear shock or front forks from a different model bike. Im looking to modify the exisitng suspension as designed by yamaha. Thx for any help you have. Please if you know a higher quality co. that makes these mods, let me know

TCSubaruDrift13

Reaction score
Visit site
I looked into various options when I got mine, as I thought it was too tall. Turns out once I have boots on, Im perfect hight.
But on my research I would say don't mess with the suspension of the bike unless you absolutely have too. It can mess up the geometry of the bike, and how it handles. I would look into shimming the seat a little before I lowered the bike. But that is just my two cents!

https://rideapart.com/articles/how-to-lower-a-motorcycle

Here is a good article on the pros and cons of it.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I have lowered my bike by 30mm front and back with the Hyperpro lowering springs. Really pleased. Had to pay someone to change the spring on the rear suspension as it's a PITA to get off (needs lots of heat) and you need special tools to change the spring anyway. I also shaved my seat. I discovered the sidestand didn't work as well with the lowered bike, so I modified the sidestand lock so it could go round more and now works better. I love it. I've had the bike since 2008 and had no issues with the lowering. As long as you lower the front and back the same amount it won't affect the handling. Details in my site link in my signature below.