What to do with ex girlfriends gear?

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
I wouldn't bombard her with all this practical stuff right away though, let the emotions settle first for both sides and then see how to deal with that kind of stuff

just dont think like a guy, (rationaly) think like a woman (emotional)
(no complaining at that being sexist, its not, its a fact that women rely on emotions to make decisions and men think with their logic in MOST people)

let the storm settle before launching that ship my friend!

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
All that stuff you can buy new one later on... it's just money that you spend...

Who said freedom is free? Give her everything she wants and buy new... been there, done that! I walked away with my cage, my clothes and few tools after my divorce. It all worth it.

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good luck no matter the outcome, and remember...

"If you love something set it free, if it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it" JUST KIDDING!!

Hope it all works out for you!

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
I will admit a have been putting off my response for a while, but I realise that its not fair to everyone who took time to put in their advice and kind words. Unfortunetly, things went about the way I thought they would. Im not going to turn this into a "cool story bro" post, but its extremely disappointing. She is planning on returing the gear with the rest of my belongings so you will see a "for sale" post sometime in the near future. I told her to keep it incase she met another guy with a bike but she said that she couldnt wear it. Someone was asking the sizes of the gear: Jacket- small, pants medium, helmet small, boots I dont remember (something small). im keeping the gloves. I will post more about that later.
Thanks again

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I will admit a have been putting off my response for a while, but I realise that its not fair to everyone who took time to put in their advice and kind words. Unfortunetly, things went about the way I thought they would. Im not going to turn this into a "cool story bro" post, but its extremely disappointing. She is planning on returing the gear with the rest of my belongings so you will see a "for sale" post sometime in the near future. I told her to keep it incase she met another guy with a bike but she said that she couldnt wear it. Someone was asking the sizes of the gear: Jacket- small, pants medium, helmet small, boots I dont remember (something small). im keeping the gloves. I will post more about that later.
Thanks again
I'm really sorry that your relationship has ended. I am glad that you were both able to discuss what to do with the gear.
I wish you both happiness in the future.

Nelly

why_not_Zoidberg?

Reaction score
Visit site
my $.02 - wait a while, until things have calmed down, and you're giving eachother back random stuff. You'll still have feelings for her (indefinitely), and if she keeps riding you'll want her to still be safe. Sort of similar situation, my ex (~3 year relationship) offered to give me back my deceased grandmothers earrings I had given her. I declined, but asked for something else back (don't remember what, it was years ago). On the other hand, my current girlfriend was engaged before me, and when that went south, she gave the ring back (jokes that she didn't like the cut anyhow) but kept the mattress (very comfortable:rockon:). So I guess I'm saying give it some time and don't press the issue.

If you do get it back, sell that sh*t and buy yourself/your bike something nice!

Best of luck sir.

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
Nah, just thank her for all the good times, smile, and walk away.

Yep. Might not be a bad idea to hang on to at least the helmet though...you know, just in case. Unless money is no object for you, and you can buy "spares".

I still need to get a spare helmet in a slightly bigger size (mine is an XS, Rob wears an XL...we'd like to have a medium kicking around) just so if a friend wants to come with us, we will have an assortment of gear that he/she could wear. Doesn't have to be for a future g/f, just a spare. ;)

Wearyeyed

Reaction score
Visit site
Stuff the gear, strap it to the pillion.

Doesn't eat much, doesn't complain, doesn't talk back, and can assume whatever shape you happen to be into on any given day.

(Not my advice; stolen from one of my classier friends. :p)

Last edited:

2Fast2Live2Young2Die

Reaction score
Visit site
So i didnt read any other comments because i have the best idea. If shes got a banging body find another honey that can fit in it and make this new chick your smash piece. If she was a big girl let her keep the **** and holla at some sexy honeys.