~~~ What did you do to your Bike Today Thread??? ~~~

zrexrich

Reaction score
Visit site
Installed some lowered foot pegs. Got them from this ebay seller https://www.ebay.com/itm/Multi-Posi...hash=item43e9817bbc:m:muyUKsW_Cr77UAEjVIi6MGA

thumbnail_20190316_083441.jpg

I am giving the longer set (40mm & 50mm) a try first (pegs are mounted in the 50mm position). Had to reposition the rear brake pedal and shift lever. I have the shift lever adjusted as low as it can go before it hits the frame but it's still to high for my liking. I will give it a try during my commute tomorrow. If I don't like it I will give the shorter (20mm & 30mm) set a try.

thumbnail_20190317_210625.jpg

*Update*
I moved the pegs up to the 40mm position prior to my ride home from work. I also re-positioned the brake pedal as it was too low. Results were positive. My knees didn't bother me by the end of my commute and the shift lever to foot peg relation is close to where it was pre-lowered foot pegs.

Last edited:

bricksrheavy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Mentioning this just in case; when you lower the rear brake pedal make sure it's not now constantly activating the brake light switch .

*lowered the pedal on my previous bike, didn't check this, and rode around for a couple of days without noticing my brake light is always on. D'oh! :D

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
After being Parked since November, pulled her out and washed off the cobwebs. Got the new Dunlop Q3 plus installed, cleaned the chain and everything else in the tail section did a short gearless ride.

FWIW - that's 6 months with the battery connected, NO charging. NO battery tender and she fired right off with one momentary push of the button.

Throttle response with the timing, fueling, and intake/exhaust mods is instantaneous! Let me get a sound clip some time soon!

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Installed some lowered foot pegs. Got them from this ebay seller https://www.ebay.com/itm/Multi-Posi...hash=item43e9817bbc:m:muyUKsW_Cr77UAEjVIi6MGA

View attachment 69619

I am giving the longer set (40mm & 50mm) a try first (pegs are mounted in the 50mm position). Had to reposition the rear brake pedal and shift lever. I have the shift lever adjusted as low as it can go before it hits the frame but it's still to high for my liking. I will give it a try during my commute tomorrow. If I don't like it I will give the shorter (20mm & 30mm) set a try.

View attachment 69620

*Update*
I moved the pegs up to the 40mm position prior to my ride home from work. I also re-positioned the brake pedal as it was too low. Results were positive. My knees didn't bother me by the end of my commute and the shift lever to foot peg relation is close to where it was pre-lowered foot pegs.

Also it looks like you lowered the shifter as its not centered in the triangle. Make sure you have enough travel to downshift when standing on the pegs!

Or mount that rear sets solid like I did. Pegs no longer wobble and shifts/braking are more predictable!

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Today I took of the passenger peg extensions, removed the bark busters and took the HVMP bar end weights off and replaced with the OEM weights. When I trade the wasp, these things will stay with me for the next bike.
I also replaced the smoked lens LED tail light as one strip of LEDS was a bit suss and fitted a new Hyper lites sending unit as the first had become a little intermittent. Can't have brake lights not working 100%, whether I sell her or not safety is numero uno!
Tomorrow I test ride a XSR900 and see what sort of trade in I get for the wasp, she's just done 54000 kms. If I decide I dont like the XSR, I'll re-fit my goodies-only takes about 1/2 hour

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Today I took of the passenger peg extensions, removed the bark busters and took the HVMP bar end weights off and replaced with the OEM weights. When I trade the wasp, these things will stay with me for the next bike.
I also replaced the smoked lens LED tail light as one strip of LEDS was a bit suss and fitted a new Hyper lites sending unit as the first had become a little intermittent. Can't have brake lights not working 100%, whether I sell her or not safety is numero uno!
Tomorrow I test ride a XSR900 and see what sort of trade in I get for the wasp, she's just done 54000 kms. If I decide I dont like the XSR, I'll re-fit my goodies-only takes about 1/2 hour

Saw a guy on an XSR last week and he was slamming it in the turns I was very impressed. That bike did everything so well!
Good luck Ade! :)

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
OOOH XSR goodness, they pull and pull, I rode in "B" mode for most of my test, going into "Standard" and "A" just to see the difference. "A" could be coined aggressive and "B" -boring! BUT iys anything but boring. Torque across the range and a realy comfy step up from the FZ6.
So what did I do to my FZ6 today? ---almost sealed the deal on trading it in. They offered me $3K which is about what I expected so pretty happy there.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Saw this on that bike... ^^
Around town, you feel the extra weight of the bike (compared to the FZ-07) and, while totally manageable, the power the motor is capable of producing is never far from the front of your attention. On the triple, you spend time thinking about not overdoing it. On the twin, you spend time thinking about how to flog it. Which of those sounds like a more enjoyable ride?

The part about "how to flog it" is why the Fizzer sticks around! It fits the bill for now.
Regardless I wish you many thrills!

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
thanks Randy, I havnt pulled the pin yet. Got a few things that might affect the bank balance in the next few weeks- so we'll see how things pan out.

AwwShucks

Reaction score
Visit site
Finished a matte blue vinyl wrap on the FZ this past weekend, and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out! To the curious: wrapping a motorcycle is a total nightmare and I'll never attempt it again. Too many curves and complex angles (imagine trying to giftwrap a basketball with no creases or wrinkles :shakehead:). The whole thing took ~30-40 hours of work. Now I understand why the wrap shops around me won't do bikes!
Photo Apr 30, 9 37 10 AM.jpg
Also swapped the midpipe while the back end was torn apart. Once I get some free time I'll start on the suspension overhaul.

swedespeed

Reaction score
Visit site
Finished a matte blue vinyl wrap on the FZ this past weekend, and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out! To the curious: wrapping a motorcycle is a total nightmare and I'll never attempt it again. Too many curves and complex angles (imagine trying to giftwrap a basketball with no creases or wrinkles :shakehead:). The whole thing took ~30-40 hours of work. Now I understand why the wrap shops around me won't do bikes!
View attachment 69758
Also swapped the midpipe while the back end was torn apart. Once I get some free time I'll start on the suspension overhaul.

Looks awesome! Is that 3M Matte Blue Metallic M227?

AwwShucks

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks! The main blue wrap is Chromatic Vinyl Films M700 series matte deep blue, and some small parts like the headlight shroud are wrapped in 3M M12 Matte Black. I found the 3M to be a little more difficult to work with because it wasn't as elastic as the Chromatic wrap.

swedespeed

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks! The main blue wrap is Chromatic Vinyl Films M700 series matte deep blue, and some small parts like the headlight shroud are wrapped in 3M M12 Matte Black. I found the 3M to be a little more difficult to work with because it wasn't as elastic as the Chromatic wrap.

Gotcha. Well nice job!!

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Back in Black for another season!

Blah
attachment.php

20190420_194046.jpg

TKBone

Reaction score
Visit site
35662708dw.jpg

ATM I'm riding without windshield and I love it. Looks like a little alien. There is air pressure on the chest but riding is much more silent and great view :thumbup::thumbup:

35663285di.jpg

35663286ae.jpg

Last edited:

bricksrheavy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Front brake cylinder rebuild at 72000 km/45000mi, also new air filter (the old one in the pic did 38000 km/23000 mi) [emoji106]20190815_101810.jpg20190815_111519.jpg20190815_123407.jpg