Thanks [MENTION=25322]I JET[/MENTION]
0ae2077361e6a02d36b5bd273ef283fe.jpg
f900965df86f3d7c66307fd7bd438a00.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

meadeam

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
CalSci windscreen... massive improvement for freeway riding. No helmet buffeting, turbulence free head checks. A bit louder, but earplugs mitigate that nicely. My bike went from being fairly miserable and slightly unsafe feeling on the freeway to very comfortable.

deathjam4

Reaction score
Visit site
this winter my bike is getting a massive overhaul lol every bearing is being replaced. tearing off the rear arm and rebuilding it as well as the forks. will be draining all fluids and rebuilding all my calipers, the forks will be rebuilt and will be working to rebuild the front fairing and touch up any scratch's and paint all the coloured bits matt green. will basically be a chassis with a engine most of the winter lmao. preaty sure i have to do the cvt and followers as well so that will get done as well.
Ill be taking apart anything i can and giving the bike a well overdue degreasing. anything that can come off, will be off that does not screw up timing of adjustments. ill also be using some restorer on all the plastics i can get my hands on for extra protection. Might even change it all over to full led if i have the time. also was debating on naked but am still on the fence of that. I like my wind buffer :p

My recent thing tho was a switch over to full synthetic which made a huge difference in driveabilty. and I cleaned and serviced the chain and sprocket housing and cleaned alot of the grease off the bike and back wheel.

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Recently hit a gap in the pavement, you know when they remove a two foot section to run a pipe or line of some sort under the road. Usually maintenance crews put a steel plate over the gap or maybe even gravel fill until it can be permanently patched. Not this time. I didn't notice it until it was too late and it was a hard hit to the front end. It was quite the jarring event! :rant:

The event trashed both fork seals and one front wheel bearing. Somehow the front rim is ok.
I replaced the fork seals, wheel bearings, and while I was at it the calipers were cleaned up and fitted with new seals. So that's what I did to my bike today (yesterday).

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Recently hit a gap in the pavement, you know when they remove a two foot section to run a pipe or line of some sort under the road. Usually maintenance crews put a steel plate over the gap or maybe even gravel fill until it can be permanently patched. Not this time. I didn't notice it until it was too late and it was a hard hit to the front end. It was quite the jarring event! :rant:

The event trashed both fork seals and one front wheel bearing. Somehow the front rim is ok.
I replaced the fork seals, wheel bearings, and while I was at it the calipers were cleaned up and fitted with new seals. So that's what I did to my bike today (yesterday).

Ouch to bike! Glad you kept your wits and and nothing else happened.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
a little bit roadside emergency today -a clutch cable break in peak hour traffic. about 20000 km ago i had clutch cable snap in the midst of a thunderstorm in the middle of winter evening peak hour. Today its the hottest recorded temp in December-EVER-44C and the cable snaps- in morning peak hour traffic.

so the same sort of repair, pushbike shop brake cable and outer, to give me a usable clutch while I wait for the only cable in Australia to come from the bushfire ravaged and smoke clogged Sydney to be maybe shipped to Melbourne before Christmas
Sh1t happens- its how you respond that counts.

could be a lot worse I have greasey smudges on the tank and a dorky cable splayed across the tank and a spent original cable swingin' in the breeze

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So the new clutch cable came in yesterday, and it took me a while to re-fit after taking apart the headlight and finding a wire with worn insulation that needed taping up,lifting the tank and pulling out the old cable. Maybe I should have attached a string to the old one to help draw the new cable back in- but I didnt!

So it took me awhile to get the new cable through the frame. I didnt want o undo the airbox and upset the tuning so I pushed on with poking n prodding until Voila! it just poked thru with no obstruction.
a little bit of adjustment and it is sooo light - shifting is smooth as silk, no missed shifts and its lightning fast.

woohoo!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So the new clutch cable came in yesterday, and it took me a while to re-fit after taking apart the headlight and finding a wire with worn insulation that needed taping up,lifting the tank and pulling out the old cable. Maybe I should have attached a string to the old one to help draw the new cable back in- but I didnt!

So it took me awhile to get the new cable through the frame. I didnt want o undo the airbox and upset the tuning so I pushed on with poking n prodding until Voila! it just poked thru with no obstruction.
a little bit of adjustment and it is sooo light - shifting is smooth as silk, no missed shifts and its lightning fast.

woohoo!

When in riding season I lube the clutch at least twice or any time it feels less than ideal. Most often disconnecting it from the perch to relieve stress so I can guide a very small teflon tube past the elbow and dose it with Mobile One. The best use I've found for the product after the gear box and engine rejected it! =/

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
YEP I too use chemikers oil infusion and I should have read the signs- all of a sudden I miss shifts and then the clutch needs adjustment and its 25000 km ago that the same symptoms were really evident before it snapped firts time around.So my advice into the future to all- play it safe and just replace the clutch cable at 20,00 kilos and you shoulsd be right

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
When I went in to Yamaha the guys on the sales floor that I know reasonably well, asked how many clicks I'd done and they just said " thats a helluva lot of gear changes- they know I m a year 'round commuter.

gnyce

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
All new plastics! (Givi) windscreen, slightly taller, plus all new bits around instrument cluster. I know some prefer going naked - I will admit, it didn't look half bad with everything off - but I take my FZ6 on long trips cross-country, and prefer the wind protection. PO had previous broken some of it with a drop, and then I added to that with a ditch encounter last winter. Took advantage of the Christmas break to install. She looks new and happy (and ready to break 50,000 miles)!
IMG_20191230_180909-COLLAGE.jpg