What did you do with your bike today?

derek533

Reaction score
Visit site
Installed a Crampbuster yesterday. Best $6.50 and 30 seconds of my time I ever spent (on sale for $5.99 at CG). At first, thought it was gimmicky but I've done a complete 180 on that line of thinking. What a huge difference it makes riding down the interstate a breeze (pardon the pun).

seanalan329

Reaction score
Visit site
Commuted 70 miles for work, each way. It's my second time so far and will be doing every day for the next year. It's not so bad :thumbup:

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
Installed:
Renthal Road Medium handlebar (again, vs FZ1 bar w/ 30mm risers)
12V cig. power adapter
12V to USB charger for cell phones, GPS
GPS handlebar mount for my Garmin
Tank grips

Bike feels so comfortable and easy to steer now with the oso2k set back plates and Renthal bar!

The tank grips also make the tank a bit fatter and feels better between the legs. :eek::D

BajaBob

Reaction score
Visit site
Got my Pilot Road 3's put on today. Completely different bike now. Absolutely stunned how beautifully the bike handles now that it has a set of matching tires on it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

BajaBob

Reaction score
Visit site
Installed some iridium spark plugs (12800 mi). Took about 30 minutes.

Washed and then lubed the chain and then went on an hour long ride down a really nice back country road.

Solarservant

Thrill-Seeker
Reaction score
Visit site
Got my Pilot Road 3's put on today. Completely different bike now. Absolutely stunned how beautifully the bike handles now that it has a set of matching tires on it.

I got a set of PR3's recently too. You finding that there's a lot of noise coming from the front? It freaked me out, so I checked that the rotation was correct just to be sure. It's good, but still very noisy. Bike handles great, and I would assume the noise will fade with time.

BajaBob

Reaction score
Visit site
I got a set of PR3's recently too. You finding that there's a lot of noise coming from the front? It freaked me out, so I checked that the rotation was correct just to be sure. It's good, but still very noisy. Bike handles great, and I would assume the noise will fade with time.

I am not hearing any noise from the tires. Maybe you have a rubbing brake rotor? Overall I've seen nothing but improvement from them.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Washed off some moldy bugs, rode her about 50 miles an parked her for remainder of the year. . . . :( :(

Now to start on the to-do list.... No issues with brakes but traffic was plenty and I may not have been at the "normal pace" to induce issues...

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
I rode my usual 63 miles from my parent's to my house.
No sign of needing to park it for the year, I can tolerate 55 degrees :D

Ramarius

Two wheel addict
Reaction score
Visit site
Had the longest trip since I got it- about a 100 miles. I know it's not a huge trip, but at 40-45 degrees F it was enough to let me know my riding clothes aren't warm enough. It only took a couple of hours to warm up when I got back...........but it was worth it!!

samlynn37

Reaction score
Visit site
hi all

been thinking about doing this ever since i "finished" my conversion (well, its never finished but...) i want to clean up /redo all my wiring to the front of the bike (speedo, headlights, signals, etc..) it is a very tedious job, and takes a long time. i am regreting not using better crimp connectors back then.. the shinking type cost quite a bit more tho..
anyways, this is what ive been doing for the past week.. today i found out the bracket i made for the headlight will not fit :( and the wires for the headlight (hi beam and low beam) are way too long. which means taking everything apart again.. here are some pictures