Went Down Sat. morning

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, Saturday was not a good day for people on this forum. I went down as well (check the thread started ny Wavex). Bike damage is cosmetic, but I separated my shoulder. Glad to hear you were geared up and will live to ride again. I've broken ribs before, not fun and slow to heal.

On riding after a wreck: As a medical professional, I really do not recommend this. You don't know what kind of spine damage you may have done in the accident that you may exacerbate by riding. Atleast catch a ride in a car or ambulance to the ER to get the minimal xray done to be sure. On this note, I was really surprised the ER in big bear that I went to on saturday didn't check my neck... this is standard protocol.:spank:

cp04

Dunder Mifflin Employee
Reaction score
Visit site
Thats pretty tough. Riding an hour and a half with a broken foot. Hope everything goes well for ya.

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
*cringe* @ 1.5 hours with a broken foot....glad nothing more serious happened though...get well

W

wrightme43

Sucks GMickey. Bummer on the bike, but glad your pretty much ok. Heal up quick man.

kemmer

Reaction score
Visit site
On riding after a wreck: As a medical professional, I really do not recommend this. You don't know what kind of spine damage you may have done in the accident that you may exacerbate by riding. Atleast catch a ride in a car or ambulance to the ER to get the minimal xray done to be sure. On this note, I was really surprised the ER in big bear that I went to on saturday didn't check my neck... this is standard protocol.:spank:

For realsies, I think the most I would have done is ride the bike to a good parking spot and then ride cupcake with my bud to the doctor. You're a pretty bad ass mo fo... :rockon:

I

inkrediboy

No, I was riding with a buddy. He helped me get my head, then checked out the bike for me to make sure it was safe. We were in a pretty remote area so I wanted to ride the bike to the hospital. It was about an hour to an hour and a half away.

I think upshifting with a broken left foot was the most painful thing I have experienced so far in life. Let's hope nothing tops it!

Wow - you got balls of steel to ride in that condition. Jesus..... I've been riding for about 7 years, and never road with proper gear attire. Its a bad habit and symptom of previous cruiser riding. Got an R1 in August, and have been racing the mountains without body gear (jeans and T-shirts). I'm no top speed racer - but I do ride agressively considering I have nothing to protect myself. Went on a run with Sportrider, Poorwboy, and Nimzo last weekend for the first time with other sportbikes, and realized I had to step up and be responsible. Another rider had a lowside and launched his bike over the edge later that same day on the same stretch of rode we raced through. Its sobering.

I always thought for years, why the hell do those ****y sport riders wear all that crazy gear - to be cool???? Well, i'm learning I completely misentrepreted the need for such protection especially when riding these crazy RPM machines.

Today I bought full leathers - and will no longer question it. These posts, this forum, and the experience with Danny and Shawn opened my eyes to do the right thing. Thanks for posting this up. Get better brother.

FZ-B

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear, glad your ok. Like you said it happens fast.

I rode a totaled bike home injured and it's a horrible feeling, but all the same, getting back on and riding right after can be helpful for your mental state after healing.

Numpty

Reaction score
Visit site
Dude upshifting with a broken foot must have hurt like hell and with broken ribs :eek: fair play to ya fella.

Glad to hear your doing fine and the bike has minimal damage :thumbup:

:iconbeer: to a fast recovery.