Well, it was my turn to go down

He did stop, he did seem to be truly sorry, it took all I had not to smack him with my helmet. He said he didn't see me, yeah right, if he didnt see me then what made him think to look back to see if I was still riding.

I'd believe him about not seeing you. It happens. Thats why I pretend I'm invisible when I ride. To some kinds of people MC actually are invisible. They "see" you but it doesn't register that you represent an object that is a threat to them. They unconsciously expect you to either stop or otherwise yield the right of way. Then they're surprised when - BANG - they hit you and you're suddenly "real". :(

Ouch that looks painful, sorry to hear that. Good thing you had most of your gear on. If your hand isn't cut up then the gloves did their job just fine. That knee is going to be really sore and then really itchy for quite some time, take it easy, hope they give you a ton of insurance money. Will you be using this excuse to go naked?

I'd believe him about not seeing you. It happens. Thats why I pretend I'm invisible when I ride. To some kinds of people MC actually are invisible. They "see" you but it doesn't register that you represent an object that is a threat to them. They unconsciously expect you to either stop or otherwise yield the right of way. Then they're surprised when - BANG - they hit you and you're suddenly "real". :(

Could be, but he came out slow then gunned it. He could have paniced I guess.

I also am very cautious when riding, I actually looked at him and thought he was making a right hand turn the way he came out of the driveway. The road he was going into was a little offset from the driveway and he basically had to go right and then then ( a little swerve) to get into the street. It appeared like he was turning right.

Ouch that looks painful, sorry to hear that. Good thing you had most of your gear on. If your hand isn't cut up then the gloves did their job just fine. That knee is going to be really sore and then really itchy for quite some time, take it easy, hope they give you a ton of insurance money. Will you be using this excuse to go naked?

It sure is sore now.:(

As far as naked, no, i like the little wind protection I have.

Good to hear you are doing fine and wish you a speedy recovery mate :thumbup:

Just seeing your Avatar makes me better, Makes me laugh. I have that picture on my cell phone and me and my daughter was laughing at it yesterday.:rof::rof:

Glad you'll be OK. The bike doesn't look too bad at all... mostly cosmetic. No leaking fluids?

What kind of pants were those?

Hope you heal fast and get the bike back to 100%!

Whew! It was a relief to see the pics cause I'd imagined worse. Not belittling your adventure, but what if..................well, you know.
In MHO I don't think the gear did so bad. All I have is mesh & don't intend on getting anything hotter than that.
Knee'll be stiff for a while, but you'll be up & at it again in no time.:cheer:

Oh yeah, one more question 4fun? They have internet in the ER??? Or were you on a handheld of sorts?

Oh yeah, one more question 4fun? They have internet in the ER??? Or were you on a handheld of sorts?

They let me have my cell phone, it's a Treo 750, good for phone, emails and of course, posting on the forum in the ER. I am actually surprised they let me keep it.:D

They let me have my cell phone, it's a Treo 750, good for phone, emails and of course, posting on the forum in the ER. I am actually surprised they let me keep it.:D

That's awesome! Technology is fricken' GREAT!

Glad you'll be OK. The bike doesn't look too bad at all... mostly cosmetic. No leaking fluids?

What kind of pants were those?

Hope you heal fast and get the bike back to 100%!

No leaks that I seen, the bike started right up.

The pants were just regular work pants.:spank::spank::spank::spank::squid:

The pants were just regular work pants.:spank::spank::spank::spank::squid:

Great! Fixable!

If you had armored pants on, likely no trip to the ER, eh? Consider it a lesson learned for ATGATT. ;)

Hope you heal up soon!

There have been a few times where I thought about not putting on the overpants but always decided against it. It's seeing things like this that keep me with ATGATT. So, thanks for posting, sharing and reminding us all once more that "ALL THE GEAR" is important "ALL THE TIME" !!! :thumbup:

Hope you heal up soon and thanks for bringing us up do data. I have A* Octane gloves so I get nervous when I see A* gloves with holes or rips. I keep thinking of riding with just jeans, but then I see something like this, and the overpants are staying on!

Knee looks rough...it's gonna be a biotch to bend that thing for some time. Traffic accidents that happen so quick like this can be pretty hard to get past...don't let it get you down.

with kangaroo skin palms. suppose to be stonger so I hope it helps.

stronger all things held constant. the usually make it thinner so you end up with better feel and less binding, but the same amount of protection. My Held phantoms have stingray skin palms so I've got no worries in that department.

Did you expect any less...typical Yamaha....gotta love it.

4fun;89237[B said:
I am the new spokesman for ATGATT:thumbup:[/B]

Funny how that works :thumbup:

Knee looks rough...it's gonna be a biotch to bend that thing for some time. Traffic accidents that happen so quick like this can be pretty hard to get past...don't let it get you down.

Funny how that works :thumbup:

It certainly is tough to bend, what makes it worse is that both my arms feel like someone hit me with a baseball bat, it's painful when trying to hold my weight when getting up and down. Can't wait to ride again.

Yeah it's amazing how sometimes it takes a little pain to make people understand safety, I hope others learn from my mistakes.

Back