ways to get out of a ticket??

Reaction score
Visit site
so...i've been wondering...i know eventually i will get pulled over for something like speeding or lane-splitting or something motorcycle's are meant for ;) but i've heard most of the time cops don't even bother pulling you over unless they are on a bike as well...but lets say you DO get pulled over...any experience's or opinions to help your fellow biker's out?

oh...and my cool little disclaimer...:D fz6 forums nor me endorse conducting in acts that can result in personal or physical damage, or certain driving techniques that may be against the law :)

if i left anything let me know! haha

a_sick1

2004 FZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been hit for running a stop sign and accelerating too quickly:eek:

EDIT: oh yeah...don't lean against a state troopers car;)

Last edited:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
"Honest, Officer, I couldn't even see the speedometer!"

watermark.php

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Motorcycle cops don't pull over bikes here in Vegas for speeding unless you're riding recklessly. Cop cars do pull over bikes for speeding.

I have been experimenting with this theory for quite some time.

Just passed a motorcycle cop on the way home last night. I passed him doing 55 in a 45 according to my speedo. I waved to him as I zipped on by and then I ran a yellow light going onto a red at an intersection while he was behind me. He ran the full red. LOL....

On the note about you getting a ticket or not, maybe if you're not riding as a squid, and you're wearing proper safety gear as in "full gear" and you are respectful, it may go your way. Remember, they pull you over for a reason.

Last edited:

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have traffic court appearance next Thursday for a speeding ticket. Boy I wish I had her cans. :sinister:

FZTofer

The Gamer
Reaction score
Visit site
being in a criminal justice major and a prospective cop, as long as your not being an idiot and if you show respective to the officer (yes sir,no sir) most of the time you will get off with a warning... unless the police officer either a) has already made up his mind to give you a ticket or b) he has a reason to give you a ticket (30 over, past record, unpaid tickets... and on and on)

just be safe, dont be and idiot, and RESPECT THEIR AUTHORITIE!!!

[sent from my voyager]

Reaction score
Visit site
being in a criminal justice major and a prospective cop, as long as your not being an idiot and if you show respective to the officer (yes sir,no sir) most of the time you will get off with a warning... unless the police officer either a) has already made up his mind to give you a ticket or b) he has a reason to give you a ticket (30 over, past record, unpaid tickets... and on and on)

[sent from my voyager]

really? im actually in the process of trying to become a police officer in lubbock tx...

FZTofer

The Gamer
Reaction score
Visit site
really? im actually in the process of trying to become a police officer in lubbock tx...

yea man, I up here in michigan, interning as a county sheriff in my county, after I graduate my family and my girlfriend of 3 years family is moving down to the carolinas so I may be down there some time in the future

[sent from my voyager]

Last edited:
Reaction score
Visit site
yea man, I up here in michigan, interning as a county sheriff in my county, after I graduate my family and my girlfriend of 3 years family is moving down to the carolinas so I may be down there some time in the future

what part of MI...my parents live in a littly town next to adrian if you know where that is

FZTofer

The Gamer
Reaction score
Visit site
what part of MI...my parents live in a littly town next to adrian if you know where that is

I live in the East Lansing area. Adrian (i think) is about 45mins from where i live. If you ever come up with your bike we should set up a ride to one of the state parks on the lake...

[sent from my voyager]

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

[sent from my voyager]

I disagree because of my experience and from what they propably teach you in Criminal Justice about people psychology. There is the good cop; and there is the bad cop. Now, that is usually a 50/50 chance of getting the one or the other. Here in LA, I'm sorry say that most are the later of the two. And here resides the problem; it does no good brown-nosing a bad cop who really is an A-hole as he still issues you a ticket. I like being safe (although riding a bike would not be considered safe by the population at large), I hate idiots, but only give respect where respect is deserved. :rockon: I'm the authority on this opinion Respect It! J/K

Last edited: