Trouble changing clutch slave lever

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,

Today while i was swapping Fz7 clutch slave lever, i came across a loose clutch cable. Checked the slave lever spring and cable freeplay but it seems like there should be an other tension directly coming from clutch basket via clutch release shaft that the slave lever is connected to.

That clutch shaft has no tension an can rotate freely around 15 degrees in directions with hand. So is it normal?
Do i have to take out the clutch basket and check what might happened inside?
Do i need a new clutch basket gasket later?
An do i have to pour out all the oil?

No tension in this shaft, is it normal?

_MG_3666.jpg

Last edited:

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
Problem looks solved. It was just my mistake that, that 15 degrees free rotation in the clutch arm shaft is just a freeplay, the engagement comes after that freeplay.
How dumb i am :)

But after all, installing circlip on the top is a pain also.

Last edited:

swedespeed

Reaction score
Visit site
Problem looks solved. It was just my mistake that, that 15 degrees free rotation in the clutch arm shaft is just a freeplay, the engagement comes after that freeplay.
How dumb i am :)

But after all, installing circlip on the top is a pain also.

I think just about everyone makes that mistake when changing the lever. I know I did!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just an FYI, if your working with the STOCK lower lever, a tip: The engine case has an arrow pointing up.

The stock lever also has a mark. IF in the correct position, when assembled(clutch released and adjusted), they line up.

**Now, the FZ07, (the slightly LONGER slave lever), does NOT have any markings-trial and error for the install.
When I installed this, ^^^, lever in the correct spot, I used a small punch to mark the lever like the stock lever (alignment marks for later use)
(I've since removed the FZ07 lever-didn't like it)