Clutch Slave Levers - I'm making them again

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I still have my old bits and can send em thru if it helps another fizzer rider with this excellent Mod.
leeme know where to send the lever and bracket and its on its way.

btw Scott you won't ever look back ath OEM bits, they just take up storage space- this has to be the best mod you would want to keep- can set back to stock specs or run with a longer friction zone in the space of three minutes and a six mm( or maybe 8mm) open end spanner

I have been waiting
patiently for this to start up again good onyer Killer!
a little update on this mod:::::
I got involved in this mod at post #321, and at the time sourcing parts was a bit of an issue. After buying in on this and getting the required bits, there just didnt seem to be enough "turnover "on a regular basis to make it feasible for Killer to keep it going. I have to say that getting this little addition is probably the bes ever single mod to make to the FZ6.

My parts are going free, and I hope that others will do the same for the FZ membership as long as this mod is on offer from Killernoodle, those that have it know how good it is, those that are fortunate to be able to take the offer will be pretty damn happy they did it.

Unlike Trump, you can trust me lol

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
btw Scott you won't ever look back ath OEM bits, they just take up storage space- this has to be the best mod you would want to keep- can set back to stock specs or run with a longer friction zone in the space of three minutes and a six mm( or maybe 8mm) open end spanner

I really don't have an issue with pulling the clutch and NEVER STALL it, but I'm not getting any younger and with the lighter pull, would need it down the road...
(I think it helps with a lighter pull being the you have more leverage with the longer arm)..

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just a feeler here, is anyone still interested in these? I have some free time and a new shop.

YES!!!

I purchased a clutch slave lever years ago and procrastinated until it was too late. It's sitting on my shelf now. I've been keeping it close, waiting for this day.

Yes a thousand times yes!

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey KN, I was contacted by raja777m asking me to set aside my lever and bracket and send them to you for the mod. He will fix me up for the freight, the parts are a free "pass it on goodwill" deal, I am more than happy with that and hope other folk do the same.
anyway let me know your shipping address, I'll get them sent to you and include a note that they are on behalf of raja777m. Does this work for you?
cheers
adrian (agf)

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't have any made yet, I don't even have the lever blanks because I used all of them on the last run. I think I started with 50 of them. They may seem simple to make, but believe me, they are very tedious and painstaking. Mostly in clean cutting the stock lever off the splines and in the media blasting and powder coating. The welding is the easy part, surprisingly.

So I'd have to order a bunch of lever blanks, and probably order a slew of stock parts to modify to make this feasible. I'd just like to get a head count in here to see if it's worth it. LMK guys!

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't have any made yet, I don't even have the lever blanks because I used all of them on the last run. I think I started with 50 of them. They may seem simple to make, but believe me, they are very tedious and painstaking. Mostly in clean cutting the stock lever off the splines and in the media blasting and powder coating. The welding is the easy part, surprisingly.

So I'd have to order a bunch of lever blanks, and probably order a slew of stock parts to modify to make this feasible. I'd just like to get a head count in here to see if it's worth it. LMK guys!

Count me in.

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com

This is one of the few mods that I never did for my 2004 FZ6. If you go about doing another run, count me in.

(Yeah my old FZ6 website is down, probably permanently.)

IanHoots

Reaction score
Visit site
HI, I'm new to this forum, so I apologise for taking you back to the start of this thread.

I agree the FZ6 could do with a slightly larger window of clutch take up, as giving the clutch a little bit of slip is quite difficult. Particularly when trying to start in a hill

I'm in Australia, so sending you the clutch lever would be a pain in the a$$. Are you able to post pictures or diagrams of the longer lever? I have a TIG, MIG and fabrication equipment at work, so I would have a crack at modifying the lever and cable mount myself. Any information you're willing to offer I can work with, my usual occupation is rebuild and repair of fire trucks. Quite often I have to work from pictures and diagrams from Germany or Nederlands.

I would appreciate if your research into what added length works best could be passed onto the southern hemisphere.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
. Are you able to post pictures or diagrams of the longer lever? I have a TIG, MIG and fabrication equipment at work, so I would have a crack at modifying the lever and cable mount myself. Any information you're willing to offer I can work with, my usual occupation is rebuild and repair of fire trucks. Quite often I have to work from pictures and diagrams from Germany or Nederlands.

I would appreciate if your research into what added length works best could be passed onto the southern hemisphere.

Welcome to the forum!

If you go back some pages, there's some pages with pic's and #''s that your looking for..

Per memory:
At the base mount, there's an additional mount duplicated and simply welded "further out" (or towards the rear of the bike)

The lever itself (I don't know what he uses) but the new lever has multiple adjustment holes, but I believe 10mm's father out
is the general, best adjustment. Basically, getting a longer throw on the lever, more leverage and the modified base lines up the cable a bit better.

Seems KN is on vacation or ?

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I would have guessed it would have been inside 20 pages, guess not.

But, the first version was just lengthening the clutch release arm at the engine (remove old arm and made up a new one and I re-call he used a jig).

Later, for the engine BASE bracket, he simply made another outer cable "sleeve" and welded that on just moving the cable outward to help with the alignment.

IanHoots

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes,

From what I've read so far it sounds like a lengthening of the lever and an adjusted cable mount is all that is required. I'm not sure how the multi drilled holes fit in to that, as soon as I see a photo I'm sure it will all click together. I'll keep trolling through the pages when I get time. I would have a go at fabricating it with educated guess work, but it sounds like killernoodle has done a lot of the leg work to get the leverage in the correct position.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes,

From what I've read so far it sounds like a lengthening of the lever and an adjusted cable mount is all that is required. I'm not sure how the multi drilled holes fit in to that, as soon as I see a photo I'm sure it will all click together. I'll keep trolling through the pages when I get time. I would have a go at fabricating it with educated guess work, but it sounds like killernoodle has done a lot of the leg work to get the leverage in the correct position.

He had 3 holes on the latest version, but the 10 mm out farther than stock was the most popular.

It wouldn't be be hard to make a jig out of wood positioning the stock arm. Remove it, cut off the arm, install the longer am, place in jig and re-weld..

BTW, when he stopped making them, he offered the set up to anyone who wanted to take up the project..

IanHoots

Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting. I've spent a bit of time measuring up the OEM lever today. Yes, it looks easy to make a jig and set the pin at 10mm longer between centres. I will attempt to build the lever complete, rather than modify an OEM lever. That way I can get the mod done without down time. I'll do a small cut and shut on the cable mount. Probably should build a few levers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk