To wave or not to wave, that is the unorigionally named poll...

Who do you wave at?

• Total voters

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
I just wave to everyone on two wheels coming towards me. I really don't analyze what they are riding or anything.

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
don't wave, but i do nod to anyone on a bike, learner or not. Don't nod as scooters though, that's a bit of a faux paux here.

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
Screw those can-am spyders. I hate those things. They aren't bikes, they're wannabe wannabes. There's no way I wave at them. "Now you can take your riding test on a spyder!" Eff that, they aren't one of us. Good riddance.

Hey man - don't hold back!!! Tell us how you really feel about those Lunar Exploration Vehicle thingees! ; )

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
I guess I'm just hopeless cycle trash! Like Erci, Humperdinkel, Vertigo, Downrange, Future, Popeye 70, Signal 50, rolliew, Elizabeth, The Dude, Yamma~Tiger, Sparkybean, Sdotterer014, and others - I just wave at everything on three wheels or less, (even bicycles).
Only the ones on bicycles or those on their Harleys occasionally fail to wave back.**

=:-O I guess the peddlers are in awe that we even wave at them and the Harley owners that do not wave don't simply because they can't turn loose because of all the vibration? Just my opinion. Feel free to make it your's : (

**Well.....there was that one 'Winger two weeks ago; On a narrow twisting two lane road, we were both going too fast. I was almost up to the double yellow and his Goldwing came at me nearly three feet across the double yellow on my side of the road.

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll occasionally wave, once I have determined the year,make & model of said sport bike, determined if the operator is qualified, and has all valid licensing and vehicle inspection stickers required by law.

Harley douches get the evil death glare through my smoke black visor.

Mopeds, what mopeds, I don't see any mopeds...

Squids get another form of non-verbal communication as I pass them in the hopes they spin their head around to get a better look, and their backwards baseball cap blows right off their head:rolleyes:

Bike cops. If you wave at them here you get followed...

Then, on every other Thursday and Saturday I wave at everyone...

Really, I'm not a conflicted soul at all...:BLAA:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
all of the above....except the girl in tanktop!! :eyebrow:
Seriously, she's too busy trying not to get skinned alive to take her eyes off the road anyway!

Tagger

Reaction score
Visit site
my biggest "problem" is if i'm at the other side. I ride my bicycle a lot at well, and i'm always poundering to wave at motorcyclists when they pass but don't because it would make me feel like a douche ;)

i generally don't wave at scooters or the likes because i don't want to encourage them ;)

Darken Dioxen

Reaction score
Visit site
I try to wave to everyone, except scooters. Even the big greasy Harley guys or cruiser types will wave most of the time. Try to spread the love between genres I always say.

Had a guy with a V-rod pull up next to me and had some nice stuff to say about my "crotch rocket". We can all get along, just takes one friendly rider at a time!

sandr5

Reaction score
Visit site
I wave to everyone - but only if they wave first lol - i think i'm just scared of getting rejected? LMAO I know riders of both cruisers and sport bikes, and we are all just enjoying the same thing, albeit on a different kind of bike lol.

MiLToS_666

Reaction score
www.facebook.com
I've been riding my Fazer for about 6 months and noone has ever waved at me here in Greece, nor have I waved cause I don't think I'll get a reply... I guess it's not a common thing to do here? :rolleyes:
Only a couple of times I have noded to some guys next to me in the traffic light with Fazers like mine and they noded back which strangely felt good! :D

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I used to wave or peace sign or whatever quite often, but people are getting less friendly. I find I don't often get it back, or if I do its like "fine, quick wave, go away". Used to be more of a sign of respect, solidarity, and just being cool. Now people act like you're Forrest Gump.