They thought I crashed!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Everyone at work heard that a motorcyclist died from not being able to negotiate a turn on an elevated exit near the strip. They all heard because the freeway was closed and I guess our newshelicopter left to cover the crash. Never been so famous at work before.

I took the very same exit that day. It's a nice exit, elevated and banked with two lanes making a sweeping left turn over the freeway then a nice little right hander taking you onto the main surface street without no hassles of merging traffic because these lanes become two new lanes, joining the other 4 lanes making a total of six lanes in each direction.

http://www.lasvegasnow.com/global/story.asp?s=8937235

Epic Ed

Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like you really have to work hard to blow it on that curve. Unless he had help. Any idea what happened?

*Never mind -- I just read the story. Looks like he definitely had it coming. Saved the tax payers some money, too, by checking himself out of the gene pool.

Glad it wasn't you.

Ed

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad it WASN'T you! Whew! The give away was "robber" though. We know you're an honest guy!

This happened to me at work the first summer with my '05 FZ6. Someone was killed on the Tradeport on a new blue motorcycle. Next thing I know, I've got a BUNCH of people running up to my cube to check on me! I did call my wife though to let her know it wasn't me. Trouble was, someone at her work place heard about it and was just finishing telling her when she looks at the phone and sees it is the main number to my work place. Her poor heart sunk when she grabbed the phone, fearing the worst had happened. Utter relief to hear my voice at the other end simply say.... "It wasn't me!" "I'm OK!"

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lesson is.....'Dont forget your helmet after commiting an armed robbery'....or am I missing something....I dont feel sorry for this guy AT ALL. His family,freinds, people that cared for him yes...he was a selfish P.O.S. that decided that day was a good day to die....maybe not conciously, but he obviously didnt give two-sheets about his own life....on another note, VEGASRIDER, glad you're here, gonna be flying into town next friday. Staying at the Monte Carlo so we'll definately have to hit a poker table or two while I'm there

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Lesson is.....'Dont forget your helmet after commiting an armed robbery'....or am I missing something....I dont feel sorry for this guy AT ALL. His family,freinds, people that cared for him yes...he was a selfish P.O.S. that decided that day was a good day to die....maybe not conciously, but he obviously didnt give two-sheets about his own life....on another note, VEGASRIDER, glad you're here, gonna be flying into town next friday. Staying at the Monte Carlo so we'll definately have to hit a poker table or two while I'm there

Just PM me when it get close. We can watch football too!

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
This is a great story with a happy ending all the way around. Vegasrider is still posting, and one less scumbag to deal with.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Everyone at work heard that a motorcyclist died from not being able to negotiate a turn on an elevated exit near the strip. They all heard because the freeway was closed and I guess our newshelicopter left to cover the crash. Never been so famous at work before.

I took the very same exit that day. It's a nice exit, elevated and banked with two lanes making a sweeping left turn over the freeway then a nice little right hander taking you onto the main surface street without no hassles of merging traffic because these lanes become two new lanes, joining the other 4 lanes making a total of six lanes in each direction.

Las Vegas Now | I-15 Lanes Reopen, Ramps Closed After Motorcyclist Dies
Yeah as mentioned RIP for the other guy. Glad its not you mate or I wouldn't have any where to stay in Vegas when I come out in a few years time.

Nelly

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah as mentioned RIP for the other guy. Glad its not you mate or I wouldn't have any where to stay in Vegas when I come out in a few years time.

Nelly

If I were you, I would hurry up and make the trip out to the states, as our currency is starting to gain strength against the mighty Pound. At one point, the exhchange rate was over 2:1, now it's down to about 1.75. Still a bargain for you folks.

S

sportrider

WOWZERS!!! long way to get thrown :eek: R.I.P. rider

so let me get this straight, your co-workers thought it was you Kenny???:eyebrow: you must have an alter-ego when your in Vegas.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
WOWZERS!!! long way to get thrown :eek: R.I.P. rider

so let me get this straight, your co-workers thought it was you Kenny???:eyebrow: you must have an alter-ego when your in Vegas.

All they heard was a motorcyclist, they didn't know what the whole story was about. Alter-ego, hmmmm......

Well you will all know in time if I end up biting the dust as I wouldn't be logged in or I'll be absent from the forum for more than a week. It's a risk that we all take for riding a bike. I would at least hope that the cops would have the decency of posting here on this forum and let you guys know if it ever happened. After all, all they have to do is look at my fairing.