Was I wrongly "Lit Up" by the Cop?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, but I didn't break any laws. I did beat that red light by a fraction of a second, it was a red light camera btw.

If you're a LEO you should technically know an amber light means stop and the red light means traffic in the cross street has the green light. A lot of folks think an amber light at traffic signal is a caution light but in fact it means for you to stop. You technically did break the law. You should know that that type of acceleration through an intersection is also breaking the law.

I have to personally say your antics incorporate too many variables with others on the road, not leaving you with an out. It seems to me you're putting your self and others at personal risk as well as adding a stigma to our riding community that many would rather pass.

I think I speak for a large group when I say we want all of our riding friends and family/forum member, to have fun,safe,full and happy lives.
This doesn't negate having fun and sometimes putting it on the edge. It means taking the responsibility and calculating the additional risks and riding accordingly. Those are the type of antics that piss cagers off and then you may have a person that wants to push you out of a lane or worse and you didn't even do anything.
Please think about this! :thumbup:

Last edited:

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
you should technically know an amber light means stop and the red light means traffic in the cross street has the green light. A lot of folks think an amber light at traffic signal is a caution light but in fact it means for you to stop.

Thanks, killed all my years of thinking, Yellow means hurry the hell up or you won't make the damn light!;)

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The cop was a old 50ish female, but she was pretty damn rough. I don't thnk anyone would have no part with her.

Tcmalker, from your videos, I find it hard to believe you're actually a LEO. Maybe a security guard without a firearm at best. Prove me wrong, show us some credentials or a picture of you at work, something.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, killed all my years of thinking, Yellow means hurry the hell up or you won't make the damn light!;)

No no no! You're right.....Yellow means to floor it :rolleyes::eek:

Hey remember Taxi where Ignokowski (Reverend Jim) was taking his Taxi driving test? " What's does a yellow light mean?" "Slow Down!"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvn-tBeLpCk]YouTube - Taxi: Reverend Jim's driving test[/ame]

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
The cop was a old 50ish female, but she was pretty damn rough. I don't thnk anyone would have no part with her.

Tcmalker, from your videos, I find it hard to believe you're actually a LEO. Maybe a security guard without a firearm at best. Prove me wrong, show us some credentials or a picture of you at work, something.

You want proof I'm LEO and not some security guard? You can ask some of the ex-500 forum members. They don't think I'm LEO either. They accused me of the same thing. How can you be LEO and act like that, they asked. Some thinks I'm a Reserve police officer.

I hate to let people down, so let me think of something. I don't want to give away my true identity, so I have to be creative. I'm like Superman, you know? (bulletproof)

p.s. In case of red light cameras, yellow means speed up or you'll get $100 ticket in the mail or slam on your brakes real hard and wipe out. Your choice. Did the latter minus the wipe out, not a fun feeling.

franklin5-0

Reaction score
Visit site
You want proof I'm LEO and not some security guard? You can ask some of the ex-500 forum members. They don't think I'm LEO either. They accused me of the same thing. How can you be LEO and act like that, they asked. Some thinks I'm a Reserve police officer.

I hate to let people down, so let me think of something. I don't want to give away my true identity, so I have to be creative. I'm like Superman, you know? (bulletproof)

p.s. In case of red light cameras, yellow means speed up or you'll get $100 ticket in the mail or slam on your brakes real hard and wipe out. Your choice. Did the latter minus the wipe out, not a fun feeling.

I'm not here to judge if you are an LEO or not...I am one myself in Louisiana. I can tell you for one if I had seen you passing on the SHOULDER (which is what you described in your first post) I would have given you a ticket. Also if I had seen you doing any of the other things from your videos I probably would have taken you to jail, if you flashed a badge at me I would have written you a ticket then called your supervisor. just my point of view (hell of a way to start posting on this site huh figured i had been :Lurking: long enough)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

If you are a cop, your a bad one! Or at least show a poor example of how someone who is supposed to be upholding the law should act, and carry themselves! You are rude, irresponsible, and make racist remarks!

You are also full of $hit!

I don't want proof that your a cop! I would like a less confrontational, and less prickly presence from you in this forum! No wonder people followed you here to abuse you!

By the way, the video you posted in this thread, is endorsing bad riding habits at the very least...not exactly how we like to roll around here!

Oh, I forgot your suggestion to another member that insurance fraud might be a good idea!

I am about one inappropriate post away from banning you buddy!

You have been warned before by others, and even given a temporary posting ban!

There, now everyone knows that you are "a bit rich" with you conduct!

Pull your head in, or it will be another forum your not a part of anymore!

t1j2f3

Reaction score
Visit site
If you're a LEO you should technically know an amber light means stop and the red light means traffic in the cross street has the green light. A lot of folks think an amber light at traffic signal is a caution light but in fact it means for you to stop. You technically did break the law. You should know that that type of acceleration through an intersection is also breaking the law.

This is incorrect... a red light means stop, not yellow. Laws do vary from state to state, however this one is pretty universal.

Since you live here in California here is the technical explanation per the CVC (Ca Vehicle Code):
21452. (a) A driver facing a steady circular yellow or yellow arrow
signal is, by that signal, warned that the related green movement is
ending or that a red indication will be shown immediately
thereafter.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This is incorrect... a red light means stop, not yellow. Laws do vary from state to state, however this one is pretty universal.

Since you live here in California here is the technical explanation per the CVC (Ca Vehicle Code):
21452. (a) A driver facing a steady circular yellow or yellow arrow
signal is, by that signal, warned that the related green movement is
thereafter.

No, the yellow light as stated means the green light cycle is ending. That means stop. In other words when the red light is on it means the green light has indicated for the cross traffic to flow. That's what the red light means. So the amber light would mean the cycle is ending. That means stop. If you have possession of the intersection and the light is amber you pass through. If the light is red you should have already stopped. And it's a given that many misinterpret what the law is saying.
This is why in the code it says, "by that signal, warned that the related green movement is
thereafter."

If you think about it, that means STOP. The red light means cross traffic. That also and obviously means to stop. :thumbup:

Last edited:

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
Vegasrider (Kenny), you have many friends here, some with moderator power. Friends that tried to protect your good name (by deleting a poll posted by me asking whether Vegasrider was right or wrong in his action). You would have lost big time. I don't doubt you're a good MSF instructor, but please ADMIT when you're wrong.

Wolfman, you remind me of the moderator from the ex-500 forum. His name was Knightslugger. He banned me because I had an arguement with his friends, and he disapprove of my 'aggressive' riding style. That's his perogative. I suspect you'll delete this post and ban me too. Do what you have to do. Do not call me a racist because you don't know what you're talking about. An asian man calling another asian stubborn is not racist, LOL. You don't know anything about me, whether I'm a good cop or a bad cop or even a cop. And don't lecture me about my riding habits. You can't tell me you never exceed the speed limit or always stop completely at a stop sign. Don't be a hypocrite. I'll do whatever makes me happy.

And to you, Franklin5-0, I'm not stupid enough to be riding crazy out of my city. I know how small city/surburbs like to do traffic stops. It's all the excitement they have. I shouldn't have said that, it's only half truth. I know 99.99% if I ever do get pull over by my fellow officer, they will give me professional courtesy. We've lost so many officers this year it's not even funny. It's not worth anything to mess with another officers when our lives is so hard already. Good luck getting professional courtesy from a red light camera. Hence, the first video. And thanks for the heads up. Next time I'm in Franklin, MO and a cop tried to pull me over...nevermind.

Back to Vegasrider. You should be glad I'm here taking all the flame that was meant for you. You truly have good friendship here.

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
No, the yellow light as stated means the green light cycle is ending. That means stop. In other words when the red light is on it means the green light has indicated for the cross traffic to flow. That's what the red light means. So the amber light would mean the cycle is ending. That means stop. If you have possession of the intersection and the light is amber you pass through. If the light is red you should have already stopped. And it's a given that many misinterpret what the law is saying.
This is why in the code it says, "by that signal, warned that the related green movement is
thereafter."

If you think about it, that means STOP. The red light means cross traffic. That also and obviously mean to stop. :thumbup:

I don't care how technical you get. If you cross that 'line' before it turn red, you're good to go. No one is going to give you a ticket. It's call a red light camera, not red or yellow light camera. If your logic was true, shouldn't people get ticket for yellow too?

Another flaw in your logic. What if you didn't have possession of the intersection, but just a milli-second behind, how can you stop in such time? Ok, let's make it 10th of a second, is that enough time? Do me a favor and next time you cross the intersection while yellow, write a check to the secretary of state for the violation you just committed.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Vegasrider (Kenny), you have many friends here, some with moderator power. Friends that tried to protect your good name (by deleting a poll posted by me asking whether Vegasrider was right or wrong in his action). You would have lost big time. I don't doubt you're a good MSF instructor, but please ADMIT when you're wrong.

Wolfman, you remind me of the moderator from the ex-500 forum. His name was Knightslugger. He banned me because I had an arguement with his friends, and he disapprove of my 'aggressive' riding style. That's his perogative. I suspect you'll delete this post and ban me too. Do what you have to do. Do not call me a racist because you don't know what you're talking about. An asian man calling another asian stubborn is not racist, LOL. You don't know anything about me, whether I'm a good cop or a bad cop or even a cop. And don't lecture me about my riding habits. You can't tell me you never exceed the speed limit or always stop completely at a stop sign. Don't be a hypocrite. I'll do whatever makes me happy.

And to you, Franklin5-0, I'm not stupid enough to be riding crazy out of my city. I know how small city/surburbs like to do traffic stops. It's all the excitement they have. I shouldn't have said that, it's only half truth. I know 99.99% if I ever do get pull over by my fellow officer, they will give me professional courtesy. We've lost so many officers this year it's not even funny. It's not worth anything to mess with another officers when our lives is so hard already. Good luck getting professional courtesy from a red light camera. Hence, the first video. And thanks for the heads up. Next time I'm in Franklin, MO and a cop tried to pull me over...nevermind.

Back to Vegasrider. You should be glad I'm here taking all the flame that was meant for you. You truly have good friendship here.

TC,
I would prolly agree you didn't mean (Asian) in a racist way but it really might offend some and some might consider it rude. Maybe if you were one on one and cavorting around together it might feel a little different. Oh and the fact that your Asian yourself wouldn't change that.
Yes Kenny has a lot of friends here but if you read these posts you will have to agree a lot of his friends may not agree with him.
The flaming isn't misdirected. What's yours is yours!
To claim that the forum is being political in reference to you being banned for your form of expression is a little much. These people have earned and are appointed these responsibilities for good reason.
Take a breath, relax and enjoy this forum.

I'd be interested in which of us you would consider to be friends with each other and which of us aren't friends. To me, all forum members are my friends. Do I have closer personal relationships with some forum members? Yup! :rockon:

S

Shamus McFeeley

And don't lecture me about my riding habits. You can't tell me you never exceed the speed limit or always stop completely at a stop sign. Don't be a hypocrite. I'll do whatever makes me happy.

If I ever do get pull over by my fellow officer, they will give me professional courtesy. We've lost so many officers this year it's not even funny. It's not worth anything to mess with another officers when our lives is so hard already. Good luck getting professional courtesy from a red light camera.

Sometimes something that looks wrong, just is wrong. In this case, you were wrong Vegasrider. You might have been technically in the right, but arguing such a small point to someone who probably does not ride, and does not understand the importance of space = safety only serves to worsen your cause. Regardless of what branch that officer worked for, she will probably came away with a much more negative view of motorcycle riders. I have been pulled over a few times on different motorcycles that I've owned, most often it was during holiday weekends during heavy traffic enforcement times. I've always made it a point to be as courteous as possible, even if it was hard to be due to the officers demeanor. I attribute this to the fact that they probably have had bad experiences with motorcycle riders in the past, especially because I live close to a military town. I make it an effort to hopefully make a positive impact on that LEO, so that the next time he gets involved with a competent motorcycle rider, he won't be so quick to assume they are a squid. You would have come away better if you had not been so combative.

Tcmalker, you are also wrong. As a LEO you should be holding yourself to a higher standard. I'm not saying that I ride mistake-free, we all have times where our ego or pride overrides our good judgment and common sense. I understand how you can be offended by the comment that "cops will look out for their own", but you have to understand how unfair that statement is to everyone who doesn't get a "pass" because of their chosen occupation. This kind of thing hurts the professional image of all LEOs, and breeds mistrust of them among the public. I know that must make you bristle to hear that, but you've got to know it's true. I have all the respect for what you guys do, even if I have run up against some less than friendly LEOs. I understand that it is the nature of the beast to have some bad apples in the mix, and I don't judge all of you guys by the actions of a few.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't care how technical you get. If you cross that 'line' before it turn red, you're good to go. No one is going to give you a ticket. It's call a red light camera, not red or yellow light camera. If your logic was true, shouldn't people get ticket for yellow too?

Another flaw in your logic. What if you didn't have possession of the intersection, but just a milli-second behind, how can you stop in such time? Ok, let's make it 10th of a second, is that enough time? Do me a favor and next time you cross the intersection while yellow, write a check to the secretary of state for the violation you just committed.

I didn't really think I was getting that technical. I think we are talking about the meaning. The yellow light means stop! It doesn't mean slow down. A red light also means stop!
Yes it's called a "Red Light Camera" If you don't heed the yellow light which means stop the light will turn red and if your continuing through the intersection you are in violation. I swear I'm not making this up.

Well I need to attend some other fun stuff so I'm outta here...

Last edited:

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok. I'm taking Motogiro's (my Asian brother) advice and took a breath and relaxed. I will admit that sometime I tend to be a little 'controversial'. But I like to bring up interesting, sometime serious discussions. Sometime people just have deep feelings about a subject and things can get out of hand. I wish that we can discuss/debate them in a civilize manner. So I would like to apologize to whoever I may have offended, in anyway. If I was rude or otherwise an a**hole, I'm sorry.

To Vegasrider, you wonder how I can be LEO and be such a 'hooligan', I can't answer that. The only explanation I can give you is, I've just started motorcycling (4 months, 3000 miles this year!) and I'm having a blast. I may be a thrill seeker? I am in the military & a police officer, but I guess that's not enough. I will admit, looking back, that some of my riding is not safe. I missed some good footage before I got the helmet cam! All I can say is I hope this get out of my system. Two accidents in two month is a little too much. Since I aim to please, the following video is some proof of me being LEO. It's me talking to Lieutenant John Andrews of the Chicago Police. Google him, he's famous for blogging about our department & superintendent. The location is an undisclosed police station somewhere in the heart of the Chicago ghetto known as the West Side.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTm4QBR3aP4]YouTube - Conversation with LT[/ame]

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Vegas, is there anything you would do differently next time?

I love John Andrews Chiiiicaaago accent. :thumbup:

tcmalker, where you from? And have you joined chicagolandsportbikes yet or what???

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
VEGASRIDER---you know what? I don't believe that you were the one that pulled off that Bellagio $1.5 million heist. Either that, or you're real clever in deflecting everybody away from the subject with this LEO/VEGASRIDER traffic business. BTW, those $25K Bellagio chips can be real handy for "slipping" into somebody else's hand for a toke (or bribe).