The "Off Topic" thread...

Well, went for a wicked ride today - about 220kms. Rode up to New Norcia then back through Bindoon via the Mogumber road. Soooo many twisties. I rode really well today - kept my speed up and kept my lines really well. Not bad for a learner.... :cheer:

Also, Humpy, rode the XJR for a few km's. Sorry. I won't call it an armchair any more. It was actually great to ride. :Flash:

The building is the New Norcia Hotel - New Norcia founded by Benadictine monks - still a monastry there.

Also, Humpy, rode the XJR for a few km's. Sorry. I won't call it an armchair any more. It was actually great to ride. :Flash:

See!!!!! :p told ya so :D , they are far more nimble and grunty than people give them credit for :rockon:.... Bloody awesome armchair i say....

Looks like a fun day out , glad to see your learning more and enjoying every ride....

See!!!!! :p told ya so :D , they are far more nimble and grunty than people give them credit for :rockon:.... Bloody awesome armchair i say....

Looks like a fun day out , glad to see your learning more and enjoying every ride....
I know. I really liked it. Still love my FZ6 more though, but will ride the XJR more often now. Surprised how nimble it was, and how quickly I got to 120km!

You can ride the FZ on your 'L,s' ?
Yeah. I passed my test in June last year - RE class. I can ride anything up to 250cc without a shadow and without L plates. I can legally ride out of class as I have my learners permit for R class - anything over 250cc - but I have to display L's. June this year I sit my practical again - R class. No more shadow, no more L's.....

Just took possesion of a brand new Yamaha TSX-130 desktop audio system...I phone/pod dock, cd player, USB, DAB/FM receiver, with dual alarm clock...

What a piece of kit...replacing my antiquated sanyo clock radio next to the bed!

Sound is awesome! In fact, it's pretty bloody loud when you crank it!

But best of all...for us fuddy duddy's that listen to ABC radio..,the digital ABC service has about 6 stations, and the ol' aunty never sounded so crisp!

I am officially a DAB convert...

And last of all, it not only plays all the music on my I phone, but it also charges it!!!!

Folks...get one!:rockon:

Just took possesion of a brand new Yamaha TSX-130 desktop audio system...I phone/pod dock, cd player, USB, DAB/FM receiver, with dual alarm clock...

What a piece of kit...replacing my antiquated sanyo clock radio next to the bed!

Sound is awesome! In fact, it's pretty bloody loud when you crank it!

But best of all...for us fuddy duddy's that listen to ABC radio..,the digital ABC service has about 6 stations, and the ol' aunty never sounded so crisp!

And last of all, it not only plays all the music on my I phone, but it also charges it!!!!

Sounds cool. How much and where from? National retail outlet? We're looking at digital radios at the moment.

Sounds cool. How much and where from? National retail outlet? We're looking at digital radios at the moment.

I got it at my girls staff price of about $500, but I think they retail for just over $600!

Sounds like a lot, but it is Yamaha quality...the build quality, styling, and sound from the speakers is superb...

Has a DSP sound processor with 4 different user setting's.

:thumbup:

Scored myself a Digital radio/alarm clock yesterday as a B/day present :cheer:.. I too am converted & like you a fuddy duddy :D ABC has their own dedicated Grandstand station WOOO HOOO........ Skull never sounded so good :D

Ohh yeah and Humpy now has his full high speed interweb back :D :cheer:.... And the children aint allowed anywhere near it :thumbup: , now all i need is this crappy rain to bugger off so i can scrub in the new tyres on the XJR :rockon:

Back