The "Off Topic" thread...

Guy at work has a brother. His brother told him about this adventure with the Coppers.

Got pulled over for vehicle safety inspection around 10pm. They defected him for his tires and OK'd him to get it sorted at the cop station....Cool.

Gets new tires and heads down to the cop station a few days later at 7pm.

The copper tells him he can't inspect his vehicle today as it is too late and he won't be able to see properly.

The guy and his bro are new to the country and are from a non English speaking background, so he wasn't sure he understood.

"But I was booked at night....how can they see then and now it is not yet dark but you can't see?"

:welcome: to OZ dude. Get used to wearing that puzzled look on your dial, 'cause I've lived here most of my life and I can't figure them out...lol.:BLAA:

Cheers
Mike

Well, we've been very naughty today. :spank:

Splurged out on DENON amplifier/sound system, Klipsch 7.1 speakers and Playstation 3/blu ray.

SOUNDS AWESOME. :jawdrop: They also had 20% off all DVD's at JB Hi Fi today, so, bought a few. Just sitting down to watch them now - the noise is actually a little frightening.....

Good job we've got 8.5 acres - don't think the neighbours would be impressed if we lived in suburbia! :eek:

Last edited:

Spluged out on DENON amplifier/sound system, Klipsch 7.1 speakers and Playstation 3/blu ray.

SOUNDS AWESOME. :jawdrop: They also had 20% off all DVD's at JB Hi Fi today, so, bought a few. Just sitting down to watch them now - the noise is actually a little frightening.....

Good job we've got 8.5 acres - don't think the neighbours would be impressed if we lived in suburbia! :eek:

LOL. I miss growing up at my folks place on 5 acres for that very reason. Drum practice, midnight ignition tweaking, and just generally not giving a rats.:D

After owning it for 5 years I've only cranked my stereo up once....just to see....lol....and pictures started falling off the walls.:rockon::rockon::rockon: There's nothing like watching teevers with cinema sound though:thumbup:

Spluged out on DENON amplifier/sound system, Klipsch 7.1 speakers and Playstation 3/blu ray.

Have got the obligitory big ar$e tv, 7.1 amp, etc...just bought a blue Ray player too...is all very advanced and mega groovy...long way from the old rank arena tv we had when I was a kid!

Enjoy!

Well I just watched the news guys and they have issued a catastrophic fire warning for the Mt Lofty Ranges for tomorrow,right in the middle of where I work.Ain't it great !

Well I just watched the news guys and they have issued a catastrophic fire warning for the Mt Lofty Ranges for tomorrow,right in the middle of where I work.Ain't it great !
You and me both! Hope you guys will be ok. It's been pretty awful in WA - Brigadoon, Toodyay, Lancelin, Cavesham and more to boot. Think most of them have been deliberately lit.

What really gets me, if they get caught, smack on the hand. Set fire to their houses with all their posessions in - I'd like to see that.

Doesnt the new Catastophic Fire Warning mean the area is to be evacuated immediately ??? No work for you tomorrow if thats the case :D Sit at home in the A/C & drink copious amounts of the cooling amber liquid :rockon:

Seriously though , i feel for you guys & gals south & west of sunny bearable QLD......... Nice 30c up here tomorrow , knock off at lunch time & head for a ride over Mt Glorious :D :steve:

Forecast for Adelaide today is 42c, there are catastrophic fire warnings for 10 of the 15 fire districts in SA! 3 of the other five have extreme warnings!

Forecast for Renmark in the Riverland is for 45c!

There is also thunderstorms, with lightning and extremely high wind forecast in some area's of the state...Not good!

I think everyone is crossing their fingers we get through this heat wave without any really nasty bushfires.

OMG, that is just a silly temperature . . .

and we were moaning about a little bit of snow over here in the UK.

keep cool . . . :) :cool:

After a PM i got from Mikey today 'checking' up on me :D i thought i'd just let all the Aussie members know that the Humpster has suffered from 'Naughty Children on school holiday syndrome' :spank: :mad: & they were caught streaming all sorts of wonderful music & video's for 2 weeks and have used all our 40 GIG :eek: limit :spank: :spank: :spank: im am now restricted to slower than dial up speeds till the end of the month :( so i may be a little scarce till the end of the month...

After a PM i got from Mikey today 'checking' up on me :D i thought i'd just let all the Aussie members know that the Humpster has suffered from 'Naughty Children on school holiday syndrome' :spank: :mad: & they were caught streaming all sorts of wonderful music & video's for 2 weeks and have used all our 40 GIG :eek: limit :spank: :spank: :spank: im am now restricted to slower than dial up speeds till the end of the month :( so i may be a little scarce till the end of the month...

I keep my internet toggle thingo in my bedroom when not on pc.....

:D

C'mon mate , just keeping up appearance's :D Gutter talk & Grog , it's what we do best :rockon:

Speaking of both....i aint DJ'n tonight...just judging one of my Swimsuit comps....so it's T&A and brews for me tonight....best bit is, my new missus is driving! Yeehah!

:rockon:

Back