The "Off Topic" thread...

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just thought I'd start our own Aussie "Off Topic" thread, just for general banter, and the odd hard luck story.

I'll kick off with an update on my dear Mother-In-Law.

Ok, she went into surgery last night, they removed about 15 ml of "goo" from a "tooth gone bad"... Abcess. They also removed her 2 back teeth and some of the jaw.
[insert message I just sent to Mike]...

She's still in ICU. They've got all these tubes and stuff going into her, I think food, anti-biotics and fluids. My wife got a bit upset there this morning, she has a tube down her throat as well, so she can't talk.

Writing messages while flat on your back doesn't work too well, ink was running out, Kerry couldn't read what Pam was writing.

I am going to ring later and see if I can get a date for release from ICU, thinking it will be wednesday.
[end insert].

And now, I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes.

I love this forum, I have met some of the best "Blokes" around.
Thank you for the flowers for "Mum", I feel like such a wuss, crying here, but this is just brilliant. Stoked... god, I dunno what else to say.

You guys :rockon:

Many many thanks.

:)

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good onya dude. Wolf's idea, and the planning and timing went off a treat...lol.

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery:thumbup::cheer::rockon:.

Cheers
Mike

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wolfman is getting around looking like he's gone 10 rounds with Mike Tyson (and feeling like it), and he plans this for someone he's never met.

Jamie, in fact all of you, Mike, Mick, Julian and Matt.. are special, and will be in my thoughts for a very long time.

I'm speechless. I'll be a blubbering mess next time I see ya's...lol

Thankyou again.

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ozziboy... You crack me up... PMSL

Mate,you are more than welcome :thumbup:

Don't forget you invited me to your house to check your Leo's before I bought 'em and you had never met me .

True, I forgot about that. I guess that's what makes us Aussie's... Generousity.

Thanks again. Ya gunna get sick of me saying that, but I can't help it!!! :hug:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Jamie, in fact all of you, Mike, Mick, Julian and Matt.. are special, and will be in my thoughts for a very long time.

Is that Bruce Macaverney "Special".....Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeecial! Or just missing a beer or two out of a 6 pack special? :eek:

But seriously mate, family is important, and i know from what you have told me that your "mum" is very close to your heart, both my parents have been very sick in the last couple of years (alright now), so the empathy was there...plus, we just all wanted to make you cry....wuss! :justkidding:

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Is that Bruce Macaverney \"Special\".....Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeecial! Or just missing a beer or two out of a 6 pack special? :eek:

But seriously mate, family is important, and i know from what you have told me that your \"mum\" is very close to your heart, both my parents have been very sick in the last couple of years (alright now), so the empathy was there...plus, we just all wanted to make you cry....wuss! :justkidding:

LMAO...
Yeah, I'm a wuss, and proud of it. Thanks again mate, just going to ring the missus and let her know.

Oh, and it's the Brucie boy .... Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeecial :rockon:

I rang the RAH, the guy I spoke to said he couldn't confirm when she'll get out of ICU, but it will be Wednesday at the earliest... maybe later. They did some checks on her throat, and it's still very swollen, so she still has the tube down there.

I'll update any time I get new info.

Hey Wolfman, any chance of making this a sticky thread, just for general Aussie banter???

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Wolfman, any chance of making this a sticky thread, just for general Aussie banter???

Sounds like a good idea, might stop us all from straying off topic as much as we do....a product of our Aussie...dont give a crap attitude i think!

Your wish is my command....sticky it is!

:thumbup:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hope your mother-in-law gets well real soon stumbles , my family and i send our best wishes....... You blokes down there are really getting an awesome connection together..... Awesome to see dude's :thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hope your mother-in-law gets well real soon stumbles , my family and i send our best wishes....... You blokes down there are really getting an awesome connection together..... Awesome to see dude's :thumbup:

yes, yesterday, both before & after the incident, was very much a "bonding" day....and tonight, an old friend, Apollo, popped up for a post as well.

Wont be long, and things will get rolling up your way i reckon.

:thumbup:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll throw my hand into this thread too :thumbup: , here is what the Hump and his bro-in-law do on occasion , till he stuffs up the guitar and misses the bridge key change :spank: :spank: coz i was ROCKIN' baby yeah !!!!!(insert groupies here) :wav: :cheer:

[ame="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FlSVw8kmHrM&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - Overkill Cover[/ame]

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Thanks mate. I'll say it again, this forum :rockon:
Couldn't get a better bunch of people if you tried.

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just rang the hospital agian, still no real change, tongue is still too swollen, so the tube stays for another day... at least.

Time for me to go get something ready for dinner, bloody missing my live-in cook :(

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Good to hear shes coming along, said to hear not right now, im sure you can survive looking after the little one for a while. And i hope for her sake you can cook. Whats up with you taking your toy back away from the run???????:spank:

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Whats up with you taking your toy back away from the run???????:spank:

Hehehe, it was cable tied on. Gunna use it as a Mascot each year. My missus asked if I actually made it up there, and then asked why I brought the Froggy back :rof:

I had 2 other presents, a girly watch and an MP3 player, hope they enjoy them.

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah i saw the cable ties and hoped that was the reason, and not because what mike had been doing to it, giving you any ideas while the wifes at work.:eek::eek::eek: