The All-Combined West Coast FZ6-Forum Ride

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
Ride on up to Oso2k's place in Palmdale for the BBQ, then we all can head towards LA via ACH. Specific time hasn't been determined yet, but I say the bbq should be sometime in the early afternoon.

Or you can meat us in Victorville and ride onto Palmdale with us.

Cool, Ill meet you guys at the BBQ.

D-E is closed I believe (and I know for a fact E-F is closed). At least it was during the Spring after last Summer's fires Winter's rains washed out a few places. John, Dave, Mike? You guys know if they reopened the north side of ACH?

A better way and a way to remove the doubling back is to follow this route from my place:

Palmdale, CA 93552 to La Canada Flintridge, CA - Google Maps

You double back, a little (to get back to AFH from ACH), but at least it's in the mountains and it's twisty. :D

I believe the La Canada entrance is still closed but everything else is open, I took tujunga canyon to to ACH and did this route in the map two months back..new asphalt on the northern side makes a pretty awesome ride. We can take it from palmdale down ACH all the way to the road block at La Canada. Come back up and turn on big tujunga and come down the other side to sunland.

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool, Ill meet you guys at the BBQ.

I believe the La Canada entrance is still closed but everything else is open, I took tujunga canyon to to ACH and did this route in the map few months back..new asphalt on the northern side makes a pretty awesome ride. We can take it from palmdale down ACH all the way to the road block at La Canada. Come back up and turn on big tujunga and come down the other side to sunland.

I can't believe that the highway still does not go through!

FYI....I can't speak for the others, but my pace is going to be pretty conservative through the twisties. Going to keep the risk factor down low.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/im-going-ride-you-comin/32434-cali-ore-wa-bc-riders.html

Last edited:

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
I can't believe that the highway still does not go through!

FYI....I can't speak for the others, but my pace is going to be pretty conservative through the twisties. Going to keep the risk factor down low.

Mike has confirmed that North ACH is open (going south from Wrightwood) to Upper Big Tujunga but closed going all the way through to La Canada.

So, it's your choice Lone, Krid & Vegas: do North ACH or AFH?

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you're in Vancouver I might not be getting up there until the 12th or even the 13th though. All depends on progress through California.

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
If you all held off till the 14th I could ride with you at least up to Seattle or farther. What does the route look like for you in the Northwest. I mean as you go through OR and WA.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you're in Vancouver I might not be getting up there until the 12th or even the 13th though. All depends on progress through California.

If you all held off till the 14th I could ride with you at least up to Seattle or farther. What does the route look like for you in the Northwest. I mean as you go through OR and WA.

I HAVE to be back by Monday the 16th. If I'm going to B.C. I need to be up there by the 14th. I might have to break away from the pack in Northern California, I only plan on being in California for 3-4 days max.

My parents live in Portland so I'm planning to spend a couple of days there. I wouldn't mind a ride up to Mt. Hood Timberline Lodge on one of those days.

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
I HAVE to be back by Monday the 16th. If I'm going to B.C. I need to be up there by the 14th. I might have to break away from the pack in Northern California, I only plan on being in California for 3-4 days max.

My parents live in Portland so I'm planning to spend a couple of days there. I wouldn't mind a ride up to Mt. Hood Timberline Lodge on one of those days.
I've never been to Mt. Hood, sounds like a great ride. I'm so low on the totem pool at my work that I don't get vacations in the summer months, except for single days here and there when they are free. Maybe next time your up we can go for a ride to Mt. Hood.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've never been to Mt. Hood, sounds like a great ride. I'm so low on the totem pool at my work that I don't get vacations in the summer months, except for single days here and there when they are free. Maybe next time your up we can go for a ride to Mt. Hood.

Which shift do you work? Maybe I can time the trip so you can still go.

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a part-time bus driver, I float, so I don't know my hours until 3pm the day before for the next day work. In other words, I wont know until the day before what I will be doing. If it some how works out that would be great.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Jesus. Am I the only one with a modicum of common sense here? Bring the god damned bus I'm sure your passengers would love to carve up some canyons aboard that big ole city bus!

Besides, think of the cornering you could do with a BUS-FULL of people shifting their weight to the inside of a corner.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Krid & Lone, which do you prefer, chain wax or chain lube? I'll have both so you can do some chain maintenance when you get to Vegas.