taillight mod!

willoby61726

Reaction score
Visit site
i also did the integrated tail light mod this week and so far i enjoy it. I have a friend that has a honda super hawk and he did this mod on his bike and i saw his light with no prob. imho i think that the leds are alot brighter over stock, and if you can't see my bike in the daylight hours as it is then you need to park your car and walk or take the bus!!!! and by the way..all those aftermarket clear tail lights you see on cars and trucks....they are not street legal either and they dont get reamed when they get rearended. jmo

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have had mine in for a little while, No probs here I have the integrated LED and stock turns
DSC_0066.jpg

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Folks, there is a reason the turn signal lamps on a bike are segregated from the brake lamp assembly and while this clip looks good at 5 feet or less from the lamp assembly go back 1 or 2 hundred feet and check it again. At that point it looks totally different as I have seen these on other bikes. At a distance they look like a single flashing light as there isn't enough difference between the two. Additionally, you may want to check the local laws requiring a specific minimum distance between the turn lamps. Make no mistake about it the lamp looks cool but how does it hold up in terms of rider safety from the rear?
I am in agreement with Charlie on this one. It looks trick but, when that car wipes me out because it didn't see me indicating it would be hard to prove you were. Lets face it our bikes are invisible to most motorist as it is.

Nelly

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yup i was allways worried about being seen with just the integrated signals, plus here in ny and im sure in many other states the turn signals have to be legally a 14-16 inches apart..... so that is why i opted to have both plus it looks really good with the clear turn signal lenses!

Smittyboy

Reaction score
Visit site
I've looked through this forum for roughly an hour or so, and couldn't find the vid. Could somebody post a "how to" vid on how to do this swap from beginning to end because I'll be the first to admit my ignorance. if it exists could somebody put the link on here. I want to keep the stock units too. How did you wire it? I would really appreciate even pics would help...

Last edited: