LED Tail lights with sequential turn signals

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have one similar, the Clear Alternatives one and it works great. One thing to remember you need to put in resistors so the electrical system recognizes the LED's. That can kind of be a pain but well worth it.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
An important thought on integrated tail lights is that cagers may or may not see that you are signaling because they are looking for a light that is separate from the tail light.
We as motorcyclist notice it right away because we are aware that they exist.
Personally I would keep my directionals on the stalks. Get a nice set like those Rizomas LEDs.

You can get the tail light and wire the directional signals to it while keeping original or new LED directional stalks.

The resistor pack is used to simulate the load of the incandescent bulbs you are replacing but you can install an electronic directional relay that will eliminate having to use the resistors. This way you can also install front LED directionals with out the loading resistors in the future. :D

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I put the led taillight on but left the stock signals on because of what Motogiro said...from a cagers pov, it seems like that would be hard to notice which direction you are signaling for

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site
I have put the same on my bike and will wire in the turn signals as they are LED's they will add no load but leave the stock indicators on too and then I dont need the resistors. As much light as I can get on the bike!

Look worldwide before you buy as they come from China and I brought mine over here in the UK for less than £20 or maybe $25

They were a bit of a pain as the new rear lense cover didnt quite fit and the internal fixing bracket didnt so I ended up masticing mine into place which is probably a better solution as it gives a little flexibility rather than a hard fix.

WORBC

WOuld Rather Be Cycling
Reaction score
www.smallsats.com
I also have the integrated Clear Alternatives one and I also replaced the OEM rear indicators with nice LEDs when I installed my two brother’s exhausts. Between the two, they are very noticeable and bright. I believe this is a worthy mod!

malicious439

The Technician
Reaction score
Visit site
So I got a cheap kit that req you to modify the stock housing and I didn't feel comfortable with it. Ill prolly end up selling it to someone who feels more adventurous. Lets get some people to post up their kits. I know there are 3 different types out now.:BLAA:

socker77

Reaction score
Visit site
Ya I installed an integrated turn signals, little did I know they are not nearly bright enough to see in the sunlight so now I need to buy another one. That's besides the point. I also installed turn signals on the rear plastics and wired them into the turn signals in the taillight. Gave it a nice look plus now if people miss the integrated brake light they at least have the other turn signals, and they make it easier for the lane next to me to see me as well.

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site
I am happy with mine.

The tail LED light is way brighter than the stock bulb and the brake light is good too- even better in the dark but plenty bright enough in bright daylight

Still havent got round to wiring in the turn lights but will leave my stalks on anyway- as was said above need to be seen by the car drivers and probably here they would be illegal- the second dip light fails the MOT !