Suggestions for adding 10+ horses?

W

wrightme43

Welcome Welcome.

Where exactly do you want the extra power?
What do you want it for?
How much are you willing to spend?

Nitrous works good if you want to drag race, but its going to work like hell if you want ride fast in the twisties. See what I mean.
What are you looking to do?

Big issue is money. If you got 50$ to blow you cant get it, but if you got a grand, I bet the lot of us could figure it out.

fz6xlr8r

Reaction score
Visit site
Don’t think the FZ6 is anemic in any way. You’ll find that these bikes have much respect and have earned it. My friend has a ’06 GSX-R 600 with a few pony adding mods to boot and he shakes his head every time he tries to dust me off and he looks in his mirrors and all he can see is FZ6 behind him. Yes, his bike is faster, quicker, and handles better but he just can’t shake me. We both get a big laugh out of it. Be happy that you have such a versatile bike that really is a hoot to ride. If you really want to make a difference for your own riding pleasure, like some of the other guys said, go one tooth down on the front sprocket and up two teeth on the rear. That will help put a little pep in it’s step.

FZ6biker

Reaction score
Visit site
+15BHP Power Mod/Chip Yamaha R1 YZF R6 FZ6

Hi
I'd like to add atleast 10 more BHP to my stock '07 FZ6.
I will be installing Leo Vinces this spring. But from what I
understand, that's just going to make my bike 'sound' faster.

any suggestions? Thanks

How about 15 horses and better gas mileage. Check this out

+15BHP Power Mod/Chip Yamaha R1 YZF R6 FZ6 :rockon:

eBay Motors: +15BHP Power Mod/Chip Yamaha R1 YZF R6 FZ6 (item 200193609495 end time Jan-26-08 14:05:58 PST)

Mark

crudux-cruo

Reaction score
Visit site
Didn't want to stir up a hornets nest.
I by no means think a stock FZ6 is lame. My first street bike
was an 06 Ninja 500R. Now THAT'S a toy.

I don't take it to the racetrack. I don't have friends to 'race'. I just
don't like knowing it's a 'dumbed-down' version of the R6S engine. I can
understand why Yamaha did that. To appeal to the sport/cruiser demographic.

I'm an overclocker and mod PCs. And those with that kind of mindset
enjoy squeezing everything they can from something they can afford.

I cannot afford an R6. I would've LOVED an 07 R6. I don't like this years version. I am a 'Kawi' person myself but think the ZX6R is ugly as hell.

I was able to mod my 05 KLX300R and cure its 'asthma' problem in the lower range. It was fun to do.

Being I will be paying off my FZ6 in 2 months and OWN it and pay less than $50/month in insurance, I think it would be fun to get back the power Yamaha engineers took away.

poorwboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Didn't want to stir up a hornets nest.
I by no means think a stock FZ6 is lame. My first street bike
was an 06 Ninja 500R. Now THAT'S a toy.

I don't take it to the racetrack. I don't have friends to 'race'. I just
don't like knowing it's a 'dumbed-down' version of the R6S engine. I can
understand why Yamaha did that. To appeal to the sport/cruiser demographic.

I'm an overclocker and mod PCs. And those with that kind of mindset
enjoy squeezing everything they can from something they can afford.

I cannot afford an R6. I would've LOVED an 07 R6. I don't like this years version. I am a 'Kawi' person myself but think the ZX6R is ugly as hell.

I was able to mod my 05 KLX300R and cure its 'asthma' problem in the lower range. It was fun to do.

Being I will be paying off my FZ6 in 2 months and OWN it and pay less than $50/month in insurance, I think it would be fun to get back the power Yamaha engineers took away.

Well now that you tell your circumstances, I can relate. I am a gear head and modify my lawnmower and weedeater LOL. I love tinkering with things and looking for ways to improve. I'm sure If you put a exaust, programmer, Uprade spark plugs, k&n, airbox mod, you might get close. Also have it dyno tuned after all those mods. I am new to modding street bikes, they are all set up to run really well and effeicent from the factory. But I have built some disgusting fast street cars. Good luck with your experiment. Keep us informed.:thumbup:

au.FZ6N

destroyer of worlds
Reaction score
Visit site
10hp dry shot of NOS

im just trying to envision the tiny itty bitty nozzle you will be putting into the airbox and the tiny amount of time allowable to only +10hp

i know a tune on my pc3 "recovered" that sort of HP from a badly tuned setup

but free flowing exhaust + free flowing airbox + high flowing filters + a proper dyno tune as well as some good fuel will easily see that sort of HP gain

I tried reading the whole thread, but after reading about other bikes you should have bought i got bored, so just posted this anyway, im sure its been covered :)

as already posted, if your just after the feeling of acceleration, change sprocket. it will gain momentum faster and the top end on our bikes.... do you really get to see it often enough to have it there? i was discussing a little while ago the benefits of shifting to a close ratio gear set for road riding, i find i **** up on a semi regular basis and realise after cruising down the freeway at 110km/hr i have left it in 3rd, earplugs + numb nuts mean i dont often pay too mcuh attention to revs on the daily commute, 2nd gear is enough to break every speed limit in australia, the rest are just there for fuel economy :p

Last edited:

KUMAJ

Reaction score
Visit site
How about R6 Big bore kit from WISECO? I don't know there is problems for use into FZ6 motor. Actually, I'm not so interested in "improve" power unit because cost performance. Install R6 cam and Exup, valiable intake?? To buy R6 is much more cheaper....

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 that was what I was on about, I couldn't remember where I saw it. My friend had one on his R6. Made no difference what so ever.

i had one of those in my car,,just to see what it would do,,,it was cheap enough to try...it didnt change anything at all,,the engine service light came on,,thank god i work at a car dealership,reseted the light for free...

it is a chip that is put on to the air sensor just outside the air filter box,,the air sensor lets the engine know how much quality air is coming in to the engine to burn with the fuel and adjusts the ratio,,this chip fools the engine about the air amount,,so it allows the engine burn a richer mix.....this is the logic...but it is garbage :D what a waste of money

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How about R6 Big bore kit from WISECO? I don't know there is problems for use into FZ6 motor. Actually, I'm not so interested in "improve" power unit because cost performance. Install R6 cam and Exup, valiable intake?? To buy R6 is much more cheaper....

has anyone actually just put the R6 engine in the Fz6? It is supposedly the same engine just tuned down correct? Why not just buy an R6 that has been trashed at a junkyard and swap the engine?

KUMAJ

Reaction score
Visit site
has anyone actually just put the R6 engine in the Fz6? It is supposedly the same engine just tuned down correct? Why not just buy an R6 that has been trashed at a junkyard and swap the engine?

I suppose to cam shaft profile is different and can't use ram air. R6 and FZ6 are some kind of minority and difficult to find R6 motor in Japan. Even if do it, damn low and mid range un-powerful than fz6 is waiting. Therefore, the people may start to complain about poor low and mid range after swap.

FZ6Fazer

Reaction score
Visit site
In my case I have the 78 hp version, and I must say that I really would like to do something about it. To make the changes wich turns it into 98 hp, legaly, it cost about 1800$ with the taxes payd. And that is not an option...
It's not hard to get some more power on my own, but I think it's best to let it be original. Don't wanna do something wrong, wich could happening...

Here in Norway there are (like some other countries) two versions of the FZ6. The FZ6-S is baed on the "older" FZ6, but less power. The FZ6-S2 is the 98 hp version. And then with better brakes, swingarm (not sure if this is correct wrighting), seat and small changes on the windshiled and front fender.And ofcourse better torque.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In my case I have the 78 hp version, and I must say that I really would like to do something about it. To make the changes wich turns it into 98 hp, legaly, it cost about 1800$ with the taxes payd. And that is not an option...
It's not hard to get some more power on my own, but I think it's best to let it be original. Don't wanna do something wrong, wich could happening...

Here in Norway there are (like some other countries) two versions of the FZ6. The FZ6-S is baed on the "older" FZ6, but less power. The FZ6-S2 is the 98 hp version. And then with better brakes, swingarm (not sure if this is correct wrighting), seat and small changes on the windshiled and front fender.And ofcourse better torque.
I feel for you my friend, its such a con, because until the S2 came out the previous models could get 98PS no problem. It will be a really easy fix to de-restrict. So don't fork out $1800. Scorphonic in Ireland has a restricted model (Due to UK bike regs) when he has finished his liscence requirments he can remove the restriction. I bet his is restricted the same as yours.
Neil

FZ6Fazer

Reaction score
Visit site
I feel for you my friend, its such a con, because until the S2 came out the previous models could get 98PS no problem. It will be a really easy fix to de-restrict. So don't fork out $1800. Scorphonic in Ireland has a restricted model (Due to UK bike regs) when he has finished his liscence requirments he can remove the restriction. I bet his is restricted the same as yours.
Neil

Well we have a third modell as well, wich is only in 34 hp! This is for the ones who is under 21 of age ! This is the norwegian rules..... The rule about 34 hp is for all motorcycle brands if you are under 21 of age.

I'm concidering FZ1, but it's all about the money. I'm sure that I'll stay with the FZ-models. I have'nt driven many motorcycles, but I really like the style, looks and the driving style alot on these bikes

au.FZ6N

destroyer of worlds
Reaction score
Visit site

i thought (not 100% sure) that the mount points etc for the motor within the frame were completely different from FZ6 to R6

i was also under the impression there are a fair few other differences between the fz6 and r6 motors (the comparable 03 r6 motor) not just a different cam for more midrange (things like a totally different top end, different fueling setup, intake and exhaust set up etc)

from the reading i did in 06 when i boght my bike, i can remember some parts are shared but nothing you would really be swapping as the shared components are exactly that, same and shared.

if you could buy a trashed r6, maybe fix it and rip the fairing off and have an r6 powered naked? as opposed to ruining a very competent fz6 :)

still reckon afterburners are the go :Flash:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i thought (not 100% sure) that the mount points etc for the motor within the frame were completely different from FZ6 to R6

i was also under the impression there are a fair few other differences between the fz6 and r6 motors (the comparable 03 r6 motor) not just a different cam for more midrange (things like a totally different top end, different fueling setup, intake and exhaust set up etc)

from the reading i did in 06 when i boght my bike, i can remember some parts are shared but nothing you would really be swapping as the shared components are exactly that, same and shared.

if you could buy a trashed r6, maybe fix it and rip the fairing off and have an r6 powered naked? as opposed to ruining a very competent fz6 :)

still reckon afterburners are the go :Flash:

My buddy has an 04 r6 in NY (about 7 hours away) maybe i'll make a trip out there at some point this summer and take a look at the mounting points. i am not sure what is shared but i was under the impression that it was the same powerplant with different internals.