2006 FZ 600 SC Up grades suspension and exhaust

Mjdinlc

Reaction score
Visit site
Am new to your site and bought and 2006 FZ 600 twin under tail exhaust model about a year ago. The bike was a brand new one owner bike that was traded back to my local dealer in San Diego with 617 original miles. A deal too good to pass up. I have ridden street and dirt all my life and have been out of the loop for some time. I am looking at doing some up grades on my bike to make the ride more user friendly. I recently put new rubber on the bike. Michelin Power pilot CT-2's front and rear and want to give the front suspension and up grade. I am familiar with RaceTech suspension products and wanted some input and feed back from those who have done some fork mods and see if I'm headed in the right direction.Being that the front forks on the FZ are conventional style forks, I'm going with Gold valve emulators and a set of stiffer front springs and proper oil level . I ride mainly on weekends, leisure rides along the California coast and some back road spirited riding, maybe a few track days and commuting . The rear shock isn't horrible stock, but if there is a sensible tweak for the rear , I am open to suggestions. My next question is with the stock exhaust on the bike. I have YouTubed tons of sound demos with different exhaust and can't seem to make a concrete decision as to what set of under tail mufflers will give me what I am after. I'm not looking to spend a fortune on carbon fiber pipes and a power tuner . Just want a throaty tone and put a high flow air filter in place to help the bike breathe better, but I don't won't piss of the neighbors going to work in the morning. Sooo many decisions. Devlin, Demon, Arrows, GP, Two Bros, Akravovic. All are really nice. But am uncertain or partial to any one brand. I considered modifying the stock chamber and drilling out the baffle plates, but that seems kind of crude, as I prefer to retain my stock parts for re-sale down the road. The stock seat is my last little up grade and already have a gel comfort pad to take a little sting out of the stock saddle. Like Corbin designs, but not spending the $$$$$. Considering having the stock saddle modified by my local upholstery man and put a layer of thicker memory foam shaped and glued on top of the stock seat form and re-staple the stock cover back down. I know the suspension up grades will improve the ride and handling and make some of the vibration go away.
At any rate, appreciate the input and suggestions from those who have experienced the same small hindrances.
It's RIDE TIME...... Thanks for the advice. DeanO