Suggestions for adding 10+ horses?

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
In addition to the mods listed, you might want to consider installing camshafts and cam sprockets from the 04 R6. You could machine the block to increase compression, port and polish the head, etc.

Go for it, just keep us informed on how goes.

thanks cali, everyone is saying get the whole motor from a r6. I dont know much about bikes versus cars (other than the obvious) but this is a proven way to add horses time and time again and not only that but a good tune (pcIII) would probobly cure you addiction if you dont want to get into the motor! I vote for going into the motor if you want more power and not another bike! :Sport:

trailblazer87

Curve Hound
Reaction score
Visit site
If anybody is looking for motors with low miles to experiment on, we have plenty from wrecked bikes around here. All years. There is a motorcycle recycling yard about 45 minutes away that buys the wrecked bikes from insurance companies for cheap and then strips the parts off when you call up. Whatever you need. A buddy and I are putting a 750 Kawi motor in a golf cart right now:rockon::D and we are using APF for some of the parts. I have thought about getting an R6 or even an R1 motor and playing around with it to see if it will fit in the FZ6.:Sport::eek:

Just remember, anything is possible if you have a good enough machinist:D

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If anybody is looking for motors with low miles to experiment on, we have plenty from wrecked bikes around here. All years. There is a motorcycle recycling yard about 45 minutes away that buys the wrecked bikes from insurance companies for cheap and then strips the parts off when you call up. Whatever you need. A buddy and I are putting a 750 Kawi motor in a golf cart right now:rockon::D and we are using APF for some of the parts. I have thought about getting an R6 or even an R1 motor and playing around with it to see if it will fit in the FZ6.:Sport::eek:

Just remember, anything is possible if you have a good enough machinist:D

Lets see some pics of the Golf cart, that sounds like it would be awesome.

trailblazer87

Curve Hound
Reaction score
Visit site
Lets see some pics of the Golf cart, that sounds like it would be awesome.

It is a work in progress right now. Not much to see....yet:thumbup:

We're having a hard time figuring out how to get the clutch to work right. Not sure if we want a hand clutch or foot:banghead: Plus reinforcing the sort of frame is an absolute b*tch

corekneelius

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: +15BHP Power Mod/Chip Yamaha R1 YZF R6 FZ6

How about 15 horses and better gas mileage. Check this out

+15BHP Power Mod/Chip Yamaha R1 YZF R6 FZ6 :rockon:

eBay Motors: +15BHP Power Mod/Chip Yamaha R1 YZF R6 FZ6 (item 200193609495 end time Jan-26-08 14:05:58 PST)

Mark

so THATS how those people selling these "performance parts" stay in business!! customers like this...geez...might as well read like this, "newly discovered strain of super duper sugar crystals just add to fuel! ultra RARE +8,000,000 horsepower HURRY BUY IT NOW SUPPLIES LIMITED!"

sorry for this...but...seriously?

and yes i know its super old...sorry for that too just scouring the archives for tidbits...

people selling that (type of) product(s) should be slapped by their mother

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re the title of this thread, if you want 10hp more, it's simple, add a power commander, a decent Aftermarket set of less restrictive cans, and a decent custom map, and 10hp (or close enough) will be yours. Then lower your front sprocket by a tooth or two, dependinmg on how radical you want to go, then you will have a very different bike.

No need to open the engne cases, and change an already strong, well built & engineered engine. IMHO.

:Flash:

Raider 1

Reaction score
Visit site
I too want to add about 10hp to my FZ. First of all by losing about 50lbs then will be adding a Power commander with custom map and a change in sprocket size. Pulling power wheelies on this bike is no simple task unless your in the 10 to 13k rpm range and built like a feather. Unless you can find a full exhaust or have a really restrictive muffler, changing the cans is alot of money for a cool sound. Negligable diff other than now the cops notice you more. Other than that it's a very nice first bike.

Last edited:

psnbye

I used to be Jethro
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the power commander but you might have to get your bike re-mapped. My friend put one on his and re-mapped his and it really made a difference. I have also heard there is a kind of "restrictor plate?" in the intake also that can be removed or modified? I dont know much about it but mayhap some other bloke or chica out there in FZ6 land could tell us more? As far as changing your sprokets, your acceleration will suffer a touch if you change but if you pick up a little on top end, wellllll? Its up to you. I like the new exhaust too!! Later Bro's and hotties!

cp04

Dunder Mifflin Employee
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the power commander but you might have to get your bike re-mapped. My friend put one on his and re-mapped his and it really made a difference. I have also heard there is a kind of \"restrictor plate?\" in the intake also that can be removed or modified? I dont know much about it but mayhap some other bloke or chica out there in FZ6 land could tell us more? As far as changing your sprokets, your acceleration will suffer a touch if you change but if you pick up a little on top end, wellllll? Its up to you. I like the new exhaust too!! Later Bro's and hotties!

I think most people meant changing the sprockets to something like -1 for the front and +2 to the rear. I've never known anyone to go the other way, though I guess someone has. Just thought I'd throw that out there.