streetfighter complete!

sixsix

Reaction score
Visit site
Finally got my bike converted over to naked. I used the FZ16 headlight from dev_usc Going thru him was painless and everything arrived in perfect shape. I did run into some problems and I was wondering if anyone else with this set up ran into. In order to get the head light stay straight, I had to cut a portion of it out where it meets up with the lock cylinder. Good thing I had a dremel, there was really no other way that I could see to modify it to get it to work with out cutting it. Doing this pushed the whole stay back, so when it came time to mount the speedo I had some problems. Then it seems like the stay was a good 3 inches wider at the mounting points for the headlight. I didn't bend it tho, just left it like that and didn't tighten up the bolts securing the headlight to the stay all the way. Then the clips with the bolt attached to it that holds the painted pieces to the head light are complete junk. The bolts wouldn't thread into them cause the threads on the inside of the nuts were all screwed up. I ended up accidentally breaking a piece off the head light due to this. I had some extra nuts laying around that fit so I just used them. And now for some reason my blinkers are going crazy. They work fine when you first turn them on, but like 5 seconds later they start blinking really fast. I also never could get the running light under the headlight to work either. But I'm done for now. I still need to clean up all the wiring...right now the wiring harness is just shoved behind the head light. I read somewhere that some one pulled the harness back into the frame so I'm gonna try that one day. I still need to mount the mirrors but Im to tired to do anymore today. Enough of my rambling, here are the pics

naked001.jpg

naked002.jpg

naked003.jpg

naked004.jpg

naked005.jpg

naked006.jpg

These are the bolts that gave me problems
naked007.jpg

and the video of my blinkers going crazy
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlZb18wu2kk]YouTube - Fz6 blinker problem[/ame]

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
That looks awesome! I've been curious as to what the FZ16 headlight looks like on a black FZ6.

Hope you figure out the weird blinker issue! I bet it turns out to be something easy like a crimped wire.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice! Please let us know how bright the headlight is at night.

Are the blinkers stock or do they come with the headlight? If they're not stock and they have less power draw than stock, you'll get rapid flashing. It happened to me when I wired up my LED indicators. An LED specific relay fixed that.

Also, are both front and rear blinkers wired properly (ie do they both flash when your turn signal is on)? I used to know when I blew one of the crappy 2bros indicator bulbs as my instrument flasher would go crazy like that (again due to lower than normal draw on the circuit).

BamBam77

Old but still riding
Reaction score
Visit site
Mean:rockon:
How brite is the light at night?:confused:
I love the look and after I've had my bike a little longer OYES!!!:eek:
CHEMIKER you posted while I was typing LOL

Last edited:

sixsix

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the compliments guys. The blinkers are all stock. The fronts are the stock ones that came with the kit. I haven't ridden the bike yet, but the light doesn't seem very bright in the garage, but I'll pull it out tonight and see. And I want to get a bellypan and the tcp seat cowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teamdan

Reaction score
Visit site
Mate the bike looks awesome. I like the screen and headlight. I've always been a fan of the bellypan to. That would finish it off nicely.

dev_usc

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Trey..I heartily appreciate your sharing my headlight kit with everyone..

I am truly sorry about the bad threads on the headlight bolts that hold the fairings.. it might be a bad batch... If you want I can send you some new ones and I will test them before I send to make sure they are good....

About the headlight power the bulb is a 35W/35W dual filament phillips H4. I have it on my FZ6 for over a year now and its okay for a city night driving...

Mounting the headlight stay to the frame/forks should have been straight forward. The stay has a hook on the brake side that tucks under the Triple Tree. The hook on the clutch side is moded and just needs to be zip-tied or hose clamped to the lockset. The bottom of the stay has two holes that match the holes on frame/forks. The kit has two 40mm M6 bolts and 2 20mm spacers that help maintain some space between the stay and frame so the handlebar can turn. If you get a chance I would appreciate if you can email me some pics of the stay mounted so I can see what is going on and I i need to make some adjustment...

Again I sincerely appreciate you sharing my kit with everyone..

xooapk.jpg

sixsix

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah that's how I did it. Except I used those collars to space the stay to the frame. Maybe that was the problem, but I had to use those other bolts else where. In the instructions is said to use those to collars to connect the outter fairings to the headlight, but that didn't work at all. I didn't even zip tie it and it's in there pretty good. I still need to take it back off and clean up the wiring so I'll have to mess with it again...but the way I did it the headlight is nice and straight. Hopefully it doesn't rattle loose and I lose something on the highway.

And for those who were interested, the head light seems to put out good light. I'll know more once I ride at night, but it seems like it puts out the same light on the road as stock did with the bd43 head light mod.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great!
Harness can be pulled into the frame, but set aside 1/2 day to do it right.
I had to pull the battery and air box to get it done.

sixsix

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great!
Harness can be pulled into the frame, but set aside 1/2 day to do it right.
I had to pull the battery and air box to get it done.

I'm off for the next 2 weeks so hopefully I can get it done. Is it attached to anything in the frame? can you see the inside of frame when you take the battery and air box out? Are you actually pulling it thru or pushing it in the frame from the outside?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm off for the next 2 weeks so hopefully I can get it done. Is it attached to anything in the frame? can you see the inside of frame when you take the battery and air box out? Are you actually pulling it thru or pushing it in the frame from the outside?

No attached to anything in the frame. Frame is hollow on the inside and you'll be able to see it when the air box and battery box are out.
It's a combination of pushing from the outside and pulling from the inside to get the harness in.

sixsix

Reaction score
Visit site
No attached to anything in the frame. Frame is hollow on the inside and you'll be able to see it when the air box and battery box are out.
It's a combination of pushing from the outside and pulling from the inside to get the harness in.

Cool thanks man.

sixsix

Reaction score
Visit site
So I took a little 30 mile ride today and I love how it feels. Not having a windscreen makes a huge difference with a taller rider like myself. My brother told me it looked like a pissed off dirtbike was following him, but we all agree the bike looks 100 times better. And for some reason the front end feels soo much lighter now and all I want to do is wheelie!