Sort of a Feeler..... looking for some constructive advice

Re: Sort of a Feeler.....looking for some constructive advice...

Yeah I think I want to stick to a 600. Not that I dont think I can handle a 1000 but the insurance would kill me. Besides I have only put about 600 miles on my bike, so I am still technically a beginner.

I love the R6, I just dont like how wide the seat is. It's wide enough that I can barley get my feet down on the ground . I guess I could get it lowered a bit. I will do a bit more research on it.

Especially the insurance. Could be a shock depending your age.

Sound like you're vertically challenged. It's going to be even tougher riding a more aggressive bike. I would wait and get more miles and street strategy under your belt before getting a different bike. 600 miles is not even considered broken in.

Not sure of your age but get several insurance quotes before you buy, seriously. Nothing like buy a nice new R6 and getting a quote for $4,000+ a year.

The new 675s are very, very cool as are the R6s. But if you are going to make a trade in for a penny in for a pound, right? How about an R1??? Stock they are a little down on advertised hp, but oh my goodness the potential with a proper tune.

Or for a bargain liter bike you could get an '08 1125R, only $7995, I did. :D The ergos aren't killer either.

It is not a 600, but have you looked at the Honda Inerceptor VFR 800? It is the bike I would move up to.

Funny, I was looking at an Intercepter today. Always liked the sound of the V4's.
I liked the old Intercepter colors red, white n blue. The new one is black.

Especially the insurance. Could be a shock depending your age.

Sound like you're vertically challenged. It's going to be even tougher riding a more aggressive bike. I would wait and get more miles and street strategy under your belt before getting a different bike. 600 miles is not even considered broken in.

Well thats one of the reasons I went with the FZ6 it was the cheapest for me. Insurance wise anyway. I am 30 years old and still have to pay 1000 bucks a year. I actually just got a new quote today with State Farm and it is 250.00 cheaper, so I switched. As for being vertically challenged I am 5'11 and when I sit on the R6 I can barely get by feet down, but thats because the width of the frame and the seat and of course the height of the R6 but I can fix that.

Yeah no my bike isnt broken in yet, I am in the military and I have been gone quite a bit this last year, but I am back for good now and Ride much more frequently.

Not sure of your age but get several insurance quotes before you buy, seriously. Nothing like buy a nice new R6 and getting a quote for $4,000+ a year.

The new 675s are very, very cool as are the R6s. But if you are going to make a trade in for a penny in for a pound, right? How about an R1??? Stock they are a little down on advertised hp, but oh my goodness the potential with a proper tune.

Or for a bargain liter bike you could get an '08 1125R, only $7995, I did. :D The ergos aren't killer either.

Do you still live down in Austin?? I have chatted with you before. The quote I got for a R1 last year was 3000 for the year, and I ended up going with the FZ6 at that time, which I dont regret at all. I was just thinking about trading up but who knows what will happen. I am in the process of getting ready to move back out to NC, so we will see how things go. This is all just a crush on the new '09s that are out there anyway.......maybe:thumbup:

Back