Any Advice/Guidance on selling bike that needs work?

EastcoastRN

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

It’s been a while since I last posted, if you search my “Reviving the Dead: FZ6 not ridden for 10yrs” post you can see what I did to get my bike running again. I planned on do a FZ6 to FZ6N conversion and to finish getting the bike ridable again (needs new chain, tires and the like) but didn’t have the chance to. My wife and I had some additions to the family, life happens, etc. -- you know how it goes!

Bike has new fuel filter, new battery, oil and coolant changed. I also have the parts for the FZ6N conversion kit I bought off ebay (sorry no manual). I’ve never sold a vehicle that needed work to be ridable so was wondering if anyone was familiar with the process or has any advice how best to go about it.

At this point I literally just need to sell it to make room in my garage, so I’m not looking to make a profit, just $500 to cover the parts I put into it. I even have a Haynes Manual, spare FZ6 engine to go along with it (I bought it a long time ago but never used it – it was off an older, well maintained FZ6 with around 70-80K miles.) and some other extras. When I get a chance I will post some pictures to go along with this as well.

Any guidance, advice, or words of encouragement are appreciated!

Have a great day all.

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
At the price you are asking for what is included, if you have the title, it should sell itself in minutes. Someone with the know how or money to pay a shop would jump on it if it otherwise already runs.
I read that line as he wants to get $500 for the parts he put into it, plus the price of the bike itself.
OP - are you selling for $500?

EastcoastRN

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all, thank you for posts! Here are included pictures.

Some other extras on bike -

Weighed bar ends
Adjustable Levers
Went down a tooth or two in the rear sprocket to help with low end pick up.
APE Adjustable Cam Tensioner - put that on a while ago as the stock auto adjustable was making a clicking/rattling noise

Just to reiterate - I have no manual for the conversion kit and the Haynes manual didnt have much information on the FZ6N wiring. The only thing I found was a conversion video on youtube in russian lol, so I was just literally taping it with my phone and rewatching how they wired it up to eliminate the harness.

The speedo and original bracket I have off because I was planning to do the wiring for conversion kit but I do have it stored safely.

FYI - Mileage is between 21-22k.

IMG-4718.jpgIMG-4723.jpgIMG-4724.jpgIMG-4725.jpgIMG-4726.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-4719.jpg
    IMG-4719.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
We would love to see a project out of this bike!
I will definitely start a thread on the bike. Looking at the photos the bike appears to be completely stock, with exception of the start of a naked conversion. I will complete the naked conversion...and then it becomes a question on how far to take it. Could this be a good candidate for an R1/FZ1 fork conversion? RZ350 paint scheme (yellow with black race stripes)? I wont know until I get my eyes and hands on the machine. I also have a few bikes ahead of this one. I have to replace the TPS & throttle bodies on my ST2, and I have a full restoration (including an engine rebuild) that I have to start on a '76 CB550F Super Sport. Getting the FZ6 done is probably the easiest...so that may go to the front of the line...I wont know until I evaluate it.

Athosch97

Reaction score
Visit site
I will definitely start a thread on the bike. Looking at the photos the bike appears to be completely stock, with exception of the start of a naked conversion. I will complete the naked conversion...and then it becomes a question on how far to take it. Could this be a good candidate for an R1/FZ1 fork conversion? RZ350 paint scheme (yellow with black race stripes)? I wont know until I get my eyes and hands on the machine. I also have a few bikes ahead of this one. I have to replace the TPS & throttle bodies on my ST2, and I have a full restoration (including an engine rebuild) that I have to start on a '76 CB550F Super Sport. Getting the FZ6 done is probably the easiest...so that may go to the front of the line...I wont know until I evaluate it.
Do you happen to have a youtube channel aswell Gary?

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Do you happen to have a youtube channel aswell Gary?
No I don't. 5-10 years ago would have been a good time to start one. Now the production quality is so high I could never keep up. Channels like Classic Octane and Ronald Finger (Fingerprints Workshop) are just so good I don't think I'd have a lot to add. BTW, if you haven't seen Ron's restoration of a Pontiac Fiero or his 1986 GPz900 project - do yourself a favor and watch. He is now staring a 280Z restoration - there's two videos - and I'm already hooked. His videos are funny and informative.

gnyce

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
No I don't. 5-10 years ago would have been a good time to start one. Now the production quality is so high I could never keep up. Channels like Classic Octane and Ronald Finger (Fingerprints Workshop) are just so good I don't think I'd have a lot to add. BTW, if you haven't seen Ron's restoration of a Pontiac Fiero or his 1986 GPz900 project - do yourself a favor and watch. He is now staring a 280Z restoration - there's two videos - and I'm already hooked. His videos are funny and informative.
Agreed, just watched the latest 280z video earlier tonight. I find him pretty amusing.