Sort of a Feeler..... looking for some constructive advice

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Sort of a Feeler.....looking for some constructive advice...

Yeah I think I want to stick to a 600. Not that I dont think I can handle a 1000 but the insurance would kill me. Besides I have only put about 600 miles on my bike, so I am still technically a beginner.

I love the R6, I just dont like how wide the seat is. It's wide enough that I can barley get my feet down on the ground . I guess I could get it lowered a bit. I will do a bit more research on it.

Especially the insurance. Could be a shock depending your age.

Sound like you're vertically challenged. It's going to be even tougher riding a more aggressive bike. I would wait and get more miles and street strategy under your belt before getting a different bike. 600 miles is not even considered broken in.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure of your age but get several insurance quotes before you buy, seriously. Nothing like buy a nice new R6 and getting a quote for $4,000+ a year.

The new 675s are very, very cool as are the R6s. But if you are going to make a trade in for a penny in for a pound, right? How about an R1??? Stock they are a little down on advertised hp, but oh my goodness the potential with a proper tune.

Or for a bargain liter bike you could get an '08 1125R, only $7995, I did. :D The ergos aren't killer either.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

It is not a 600, but have you looked at the Honda Inerceptor VFR 800? It is the bike I would move up to.

Funny, I was looking at an Intercepter today. Always liked the sound of the V4's.
I liked the old Intercepter colors red, white n blue. The new one is black.

NRVOUZ

Reaction score
Visit site

Especially the insurance. Could be a shock depending your age.

Sound like you're vertically challenged. It's going to be even tougher riding a more aggressive bike. I would wait and get more miles and street strategy under your belt before getting a different bike. 600 miles is not even considered broken in.

Well thats one of the reasons I went with the FZ6 it was the cheapest for me. Insurance wise anyway. I am 30 years old and still have to pay 1000 bucks a year. I actually just got a new quote today with State Farm and it is 250.00 cheaper, so I switched. As for being vertically challenged I am 5'11 and when I sit on the R6 I can barely get by feet down, but thats because the width of the frame and the seat and of course the height of the R6 but I can fix that.

Yeah no my bike isnt broken in yet, I am in the military and I have been gone quite a bit this last year, but I am back for good now and Ride much more frequently.

NRVOUZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure of your age but get several insurance quotes before you buy, seriously. Nothing like buy a nice new R6 and getting a quote for $4,000+ a year.

The new 675s are very, very cool as are the R6s. But if you are going to make a trade in for a penny in for a pound, right? How about an R1??? Stock they are a little down on advertised hp, but oh my goodness the potential with a proper tune.

Or for a bargain liter bike you could get an '08 1125R, only $7995, I did. :D The ergos aren't killer either.

Do you still live down in Austin?? I have chatted with you before. The quote I got for a R1 last year was 3000 for the year, and I ended up going with the FZ6 at that time, which I dont regret at all. I was just thinking about trading up but who knows what will happen. I am in the process of getting ready to move back out to NC, so we will see how things go. This is all just a crush on the new '09s that are out there anyway.......maybe:thumbup: