Renthal 755 Bars VS FZ1 Bars %Take a Look%

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm thinking these will be a nice fit and I won't need extra risers as they have about 4.5" compared to the Flat FZ1 bars.

Renthal Bars (755) vrs FZ1 bars Note the Renthal's are longer and have rise compared to flat FZ1 bars
View attachment 40060

Rise is good, should clear the tank
View attachment 40061

Angle is nearly identical to FZ1 bars
View attachment 40062

7/8 Handlebars: Applications
These are 755's
View attachment 40063

STOCK FZ6
DSC_4975StockBars.jpg

FZ1 with Spyder Grips. . .
DSC_4992FZ1BarsTank.jpg

DSC_4995SpiderFZ1Bars.jpg

DSC_4993GripsLevers.jpg

Last edited:

mayassa

Reaction score
Visit site
Renthal Bars come in a lot of different bends and rise heights. I'l have to go into the shed and look at my CRF 450 to see what I have on them. They are probably stronger too.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll post up pic's but it's gonna be a different feeling bike beyond the bars as I have R6 forks coming! Plus levers, tail tidy, blinkies, etc. . . when it all comes together I'll do the work. Plus some really sticky BT-016 Pro's will be fitted front and rear. :thumbup:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh - when the stock bars come off I'll compare them to these so everyone can see the rise change and angle difference.

The FZ1 are just too close to the tank for comfort until you swing them up and then the angle is kinda funny. Hopefully the rise I bought isn't overkill. Me I'm 5'10" with a 31" inseam.

Lastly; most I have spoke with didn't re-spring the R6 forks so I'm going to hold off buying springs until I ride it and check the sag. Maybe it'll be OK - maybe new springs IDK? But I'll get some fresh oil in them and see where it lands.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh - when the stock bars come off I'll compare them to these so everyone can see the rise change and angle difference.

The FZ1 are just too close to the tank for comfort until you swing them up and then the angle is kinda funny. Hopefully the rise I bought isn't overkill. Me I'm 5'10" with a 31" inseam.

Lastly; most I have spoke with didn't re-spring the R6 forks so I'm going to hold off buying springs until I ride it and check the sag. Maybe it'll be OK - maybe new springs IDK? But I'll get some fresh oil in them and see where it lands.
You'll be alright. you have the medium rise road bars. I have the HIGH road bards with 25mm risers and I can JUST do it. If I slide the throttle grip any further towards the end of the bars the cables stick on full-lock and I could only do it with my braided cables.

The high bars worked fine with the stock setup and no risers though. You may need to change how some cables route and remove some cable ties though. Adjusting the angle the brake line comes off the master cylinder helps with high rises - but you'll get air in the system and have to bleed it if you do this! :(

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ6R bars have the same angle and the FZ1 bars and also have rise. I took pics to compare on one of my threads. But if thats all you want, they are only like 40 bucks shipped.

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How do these compare to the FZ6 'bars?

I'm thinking of either getting risers, or different 'bars if they'll bring the grips higher and a little closer to me.

Cheers,
Rick

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
How do these compare to the FZ6 'bars?

I'm thinking of either getting risers, or different 'bars if they'll bring the grips higher and a little closer to me.

Cheers,
Rick

The 755 are:
A 28.5" wide
B 4.50" height
C 3.35" rise

Specs:
ROAD MEDIUM PN 755-01, A,725 B,115 C,85 D,105 E,105 F,223

See the link above. . .

Vrs. . .
Factory PN=5VX-26111-00-00
  • Rise=3in
  • Pull=6.5in
  • Width=26in
  • Center=5in

PS - give this guy a thanks Too!

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If everyone is using the same terminology for distances, it appears the Road Medium don't come back toward you as much as the stock bars?

So, sure, they'll be higher, but you'll have to lean further forward to grab them? (effectively counteracting the rise, from a body posture standpoint)

Cheers,
Rick

EDIT: 165mm v 105mm (2 1/3" difference)

Last edited:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
IMO - the wrist angle is bad on the stock OEM bars and is the main reason I ditched them. Both the renthal and FZ1 bars are really close to the same angle.

I'm not sure what your looking for but I will say that I rotate my levers down allot compared to the stock punch marks. The reason is the longer torso folks end up with their wrists tweaked upwards at the stock lever angle.

Hint im 5'10" with 32" inseam, so sit on the bike and take note; your shoulders to forearm to hands should be a straight line. If you have to reach up to pull the levers (wrists bent upwards) it will tire your hands as you have less strength and hinder circulation. Get the angles so that when you pull the levers your wrists stay near parallel to your forearm.

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
IMO - the wrist angle is bad on the stock OEM bars and is the main reason I ditched them.

You know, it's funny when you can't see something that's right in front of you.

It ABSOLUTELY is the sweep, or wrist angle, that's causing the pain/discomfort.

If I open my fingers and straighten my wrist, the blood flows back in and it feels MUCH better.

As such, it looks like I'm going to try to get the FZ6R 'bars (the imported doesn't bring in the Renthal 755 Road Medium, so that option is out)

Anybody else have experiences with fitting FZ6R 'bars to an FZ6?

I wouldn't mind a little more rise than the stock, and definitely less sweep - so am open to suggestion.

Cheers,
Rick

P.S. Just spoke with Yamaha Pitmans, and the stock FZ6R 'bars are $140!

bob808

Reaction score
Visit site
I just replaced the stock bars with FZ1 bars. Didn't have time yet but I will go for a test ride later on. The install was simple but I had to loosen the brake line from the tank so I could adjust the position. A bit of brake liquid came out while doing this, not much, just a smear and I poured about 2 glasses of water on the whole area to dilute it just to be sure. Thinking that some air got into the system, I recon it is ok because it is in the upper part and it will just go into the tank...right? :) Or do I need to bleed the whole system? Brake seems ok, no different from before and I will change the brake lines in the near future.

Zargof

MSF Instructor
Reaction score
Visit site
How much rise is needed to clear the tank as I am looking at the Renthal 758 as it has a rise of 50mm(1.968 in) and overall height of 75mm(2.952 in)? I would like a slightly lower bar, but I still want it to clear the tank.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I just replaced the stock bars with FZ1 bars. Didn't have time yet but I will go for a test ride later on. The install was simple but I had to loosen the brake line from the tank so I could adjust the position. A bit of brake liquid came out while doing this, not much, just a smear and I poured about 2 glasses of water on the whole area to dilute it just to be sure. Thinking that some air got into the system, I recon it is ok because it is in the upper part and it will just go into the tank...right? :) Or do I need to bleed the whole system? Brake seems ok, no different from before and I will change the brake lines in the near future.
When I did this it messed up my whole system and I had to rebleed it all. It went really spongy and weak!

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
How much rise is needed to clear the tank as I am looking at the Renthal 758 as it has a rise of 50mm(1.968 in) and overall height of 75mm(2.952 in)? I would like a slightly lower bar, but I still want it to clear the tank.

The no Rise FZ1 bars clear the tank by kicking them up a tad, but they don't have any compound angles going on, just a single bend. Having said that, other bars with compound / multiangle bars (like stock bars) will change the wrist angle when rotated.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Slightly Off Topic:

Grip install - I was in a pinch for time but wanted the bars on and wanted to ride after that and not wait. With the use of basic gloss spray paint the grips were in place and secure for a ride within 30 minutes.

• Clean the bars
  • Cleaned the inside of the grips with denatured alcohol
  • Taped the edges so gloss spray paint doesn't get on the grip surface
  • Sprayed only the inside of the grip.
  • Slide them on with a plan to rotate them 1/4 turn
  • Work quickly - within 30 seconds of spraying, slide them on.
  • Done!

Make final adjustments and go ride.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The no Rise FZ1 bars clear the tank by kicking them up a tad, but they don't have any compound angles going on, just a single bend. Having said that, other bars with compound / multiangle bars (like stock bars) will change the wrist angle when rotated.

Added these picture to the first post. . .
DSC_4992FZ1BarsTank.jpg