FZ1 Handlebars installation

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure what your talking about the bar end is like a big Alan key bolt that threads into the end of the bar,

nixter

Reaction score
Visit site
Damn, I just ordered an FZ1 bar from that boat place. Can anyone confirm if the ends of the bar are supposed to be threaded or not?

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You must of bought the wrong bar I bought an 07 fz1 handle bar about 32$ n change it was the same as my fz6 bar but no up bend only angled to the rider the same

kpedro

Reaction score
Visit site
I installed my FZ1 bars today and am truly happy with the results. Didn't even take that long to make a huge difference.

Macca FZ6N

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, I notice some of these bars are silver/grey and some are black. I want the black ones so how can I make sure the ones im looking at are the black ones? 07 FZ1 handlebars or what?

The original poster used part number 2D1-26111-01 and got the silver ones and Discovery used the same part number and he got the black ones.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, I notice some of these bars are silver/grey and some are black. I want the black ones so how can I make sure the ones im looking at are the black ones? 07 FZ1 handlebars or what?

The original poster used part number 2D1-26111-01 and got the silver ones and Discovery used the same part number and he got the black ones.

Don't quote me on this, but I *think* OEM handlebar only comes in silver. I think the ones available on ebay in black and red are OEM, but aftermarket-painted.

So.. get the one on eBay to be sure to get the color you want. It's only few bucks more.

Macca FZ6N

Reaction score
Visit site
I was going to buy the ones off that boat website along with a bunch of other stuff. Like I said, Discovery bought them off that boat website and his were black. I just want to make sure I get the black ones, they will match the frame and bike better :)

Thanks for your help so far Erci.

YZF73

Reaction score
Visit site
I was going to buy the ones off that boat website along with a bunch of other stuff. Like I said, Discovery bought them off that boat website and his were black. I just want to make sure I get the black ones, they will match the frame and bike better :)

Thanks for your help so far Erci.

Gotta agree with Erci here, just looked back and Discovery's posts show him having installed silver FZ1 bars, think you'll only be able to get other colours off eBay (not entirely sure what's available stock FZ1 bend wise) as silver is the only stock colour for the FZ1 bar.

Yamahaboyz

Macca FZ6N

Reaction score
Visit site
Never mind, I see that now. From the first picture he took they look black *Facepalm* Thanks for the info guys and now that I thoroughly feel like an idiot I'll just get those silver ones shall I. Hahaha.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There are these on ebay:

2006 2010 Yamaha FZ1 FZ 1 FZS10 FZ1000 Handlebar Black | eBay

2006 2010 Yamaha FZ1 FZ 1 FZS10 FZ1000 Handlebar Golden | eBay

2006 2010 Yamaha FZ1 FZ 1 FZS10 FZ1000 Handlebar Red | eBay

However, I've just read the description and these are aluminum! I would not recommend them, no matter how *cool* they may look. You'll be adding loads of vibration by ditching steel and you will not be able to use stock bar ends on them (at least there's nothing about it in description, but even with stock bar ends they'll vibrate a lot more). :(

Stick with OEM FZ1 bar (06 or newer.. all the same, steel, silver).

Macca FZ6N

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, I was going to stick to the OEM ones, you cant go past OEM quality, I'll just get them powdercoated and get the top triple done at the same time. Thanks for the help guys.

mannydiller

Reaction score
Visit site
followed along with these instructions to the letter... took a quick spin around the neighborhood... color me happy! love these bars, especially for a tall guy like me! :thumbup: