FZ1 Handlebars installation

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Just did my FZ1 bar swap this morning. Very easy install and I would say it took me less than an hour to do the entire thing. I went the route of cutting off the little tab on the throttle side which worked well and the assembly does not move at all. With the way I have it set up now I would say I have about 1/4 inch of clearance on either side at full turn and the bars feel very nice. Haven't had a chance to ride it yet, but will report back after I do.

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great! Couldn't you just put risers to prevent from having to rotate the bars for clearance?

Thanks! Sure, of course I could have gotten risers, but I wanted the lower bar height of the FZ1 bars. The amount I had to rotate them upwards in order to get full clearance was very minimal anyway and it doesn't cause an uncomfortable angle at all. You cant even tell from looking at them.

lucas_lik

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great...as long u get use to it..u wilk feel is very good to handle...i wont go back to ori setting after i install the fz1 bar...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

discovery

Reaction score
Visit site
Happy to help, but, does the picture above showing FZ6 and FZ1 bar side by side not answer your question? If not, can you please elaborate? The bars are same diameter -- e.g., the bar ends fit both bars.

Thanks,

Dennis

Can you put a picture post install?

Thanks

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
I really like the look and feel of the FZ1 bars. The bike feels more nimble and dives into corner with less effort. Even though they sit lower, they do not take away from riding comfort at all. In fact, I would say they are more comfortable. They are wider and have a more natural angle so they are more pleasing on the wrists. Def recommend this mod for everyone!

discovery

Reaction score
Visit site
Today I received my FZ1 handlebar all across the ocean ;)

Part number: 2D1-26111-01, hope its the right one :D

got it from Boats.net - New and Used Boats for Sale, Outboard Boat Motors, and Discount Outboard Boat Parts

I ordered it from the States,because european model 07-09 bars do not have the threaded inserts for bar ends/weights.

I'll do installation tomorrow morning,will let you know how it went tomorrow afternon when you americans wake up at about 5pm central european :D

Here's a pic:

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Today I received my FZ1 handlebar all across the ocean ;)

Part number: 2D1-26111-01, hope its the right one :D

got it from Boats.net - New and Used Boats for Sale, Outboard Boat Motors, and Discount Outboard Boat Parts

I ordered it from the States,because european model 07-09 bars do not have the threaded inserts for bar ends/weights.

I'll do installation tomorrow morning,will let you know how it went tomorrow afternon when you americans wake up at about 5pm central european :D

Here's a pic:

Is it just me, or are those bent? I think if its laying flat on the ground like that the entire bar should be flat and touching the ground.

hk_fz6_05

Reaction score
Visit site
either that or the floor's totally out of whack, but yeah I agree. Something is wrong.

discovery

Reaction score
Visit site
Is it just me, or are those bent? I think if its laying flat on the ground like that the entire bar should be flat and touching the ground.

did you forget about the little pin(that needs to be removed)on the underside of the handlebar.

that's what it's sitting on :thumbup:

it's straight if I lay it on the backside

Last edited:

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
did you forget about the little pin(that needs to be removed)on the underside of the handlebar.

that's what it's sitting on :thumbup:

it's straight if I lay it on the backside

Ahhhh...good call. Totally forgot about that. Good deal. Glad you didnt get a bent bar :p

discovery

Reaction score
Visit site
This Mod is just awesome !!

Here are some pics of my installation:

j61ug6.jpg

2hf5ma0.jpg

35iayht.jpg

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
So, this mod allows me to keep my thread bar end inserts, correct? I have the heavy HVMP ones...

Yes, the FZ1 bar has the same threaded inserts as the FZ6. Well, as long as you have an 07 or later FZ6 and get an 07 or later FZ1 bar. Cant speak for earlier models...

zackeeboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Just did the naked conversion, and may consider changing to FZ1 bars...

One trick I recommend when removing the grips is to use the flathead screwdriver under and go around the grip to break up most of the glue. With the screwdriver still in there, spray a little WD40 - grip slides right off.