NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

discovery

Reaction score
Visit site
discovery, great job. looks great! On your MRA screen, is that the gray tinted with spoiler/flair at the top? Been curious about the spoiler edition. There selling them over at twisted throttle.
MRA SpoilerScreen Windshield for Yamaha FZ6 S2 Fazer, '07- - MRA.06.056.S : TwistedThrottle.com

It bought the touring windscreen "T",and it really looks pretty much as the spoiler edition,and also has the rubber on top.

This is my windshield,I checked the product code.

MRA TouringScreen Windshield for Yamaha FZ6 S2 Fazer, '07- - MRA.06.056.T : TwistedThrottle.com

Cribbe

Performance by Cribbe
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.cribbe.com
Well, after reading this thread I have today ordered a new FZ1 handlebar. It will arrive next week :thumbup:
I will take some pictures under the install and post them here. I want a more straight and sport style when I am driving so I hope this mod will satisfied me :Flash:

irish190

Reaction score
Visit site
Today I received my FZ1 handlebar all across the ocean ;)

Part number: 2D1-26111-01, hope its the right one :D

got it from Boats.net - New and Used Boats for Sale, Outboard Boat Motors, and Discount Outboard Boat Parts

I ordered it from the States,because european model 07-09 bars do not have the threaded inserts for bar ends/weights.

I'll do installation tomorrow morning,will let you know how it went tomorrow afternon when you americans wake up at about 5pm central european :D

Here's a pic:
Did you order them in black? I dont see that option at that sight.

Ignore this just lookes at your install pic again:tard:

Last edited:

arsity

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got around to installing my FZ1 bars right now. I thought some people have said it is not necessary to drill an extra hole, but my throttle assembly moves all over the place. Tomorrow I gotta take it back off to drill the hole. :(

jbwaterman84

Born to ride
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's worth it to just drill the hole. No you don't have to but makes it easier, not only for slippage but if you want to remove to lube cables, makes it easier to get it back where you want it

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
FWIW I painted mine black before the install to match the Raven colors. . .

It's metallic black with 3 coats of clear coat.
picture.php

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got around to installing my FZ1 bars right now. I thought some people have said it is not necessary to drill an extra hole, but my throttle assembly moves all over the place. Tomorrow I gotta take it back off to drill the hole. :(

I did not drill a hole on mine, just simply cut off the nub on the inside of the throttle assembly and then tightened it down when I had it where I wanted. Never once moved, and even when I try to slide it around it doenst budge.

Best part about not drilling a hole is that you can position the throttle assembly exactly where you want to avoid contact issues between it and the tank and still get full rotation of the bars. hard to figure out where exactly to drill a hole to achieve the same.

arsity

Reaction score
Visit site
I did not drill a hole on mine, just simply cut off the nub on the inside of the throttle assembly and then tightened it down when I had it where I wanted. Never once moved, and even when I try to slide it around it doenst budge.

Best part about not drilling a hole is that you can position the throttle assembly exactly where you want to avoid contact issues between it and the tank and still get full rotation of the bars. hard to figure out where exactly to drill a hole to achieve the same.

I understand now... and I feel f'n stupid and am upset with myself. I drilled a hole into the handlebars and in between repositioning everything and securing the throttle assembly, I managed to unintentionally scrape/cut off the nub inside. So now I have a hole with no nub, but at least it doesnt move. :shakehead: lol

BUT! What really makes me upset is that I SOMEHOW managed to break off my turn signal again. I'm not even going to mess with it right now, or ride the bike until I can figure out an alternative. Right now, the only easy, but costly, solution is to go naked... :confused: :don'tknow: :confused:

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well, so much for one hour i am fairly mechanically inclined but have only have hand tools so i am kind of primitive, anyway my bar end got stuck on my clutch side and the Allen key stripped :banghead: . long story short i had to cut the bar >< to get the clutch off didn't want to take it apart further than removing the bolt for the clamp and sliding it off. Well fz1 bar is installed feels great but 1 hour turned into 4 really fast >< great mod just make sure your ready for problems any time you work or at least be a good problem solver

Edit -
4404c0d6-6653-679a.jpg

4404c0d6-665f-7014.jpg

4404c0d6-6668-90e1.jpg

Last edited:

kpolykarpou

Reaction score
Visit site
hi guys.

i found an fz1 handlebar , to do the mod, but i had another problem.
the fz6 bar ends are with bolts(screws) inside the handlebar.
the fz1 didn t have any place to fit the bar ends.
do i have to change the bar ends too?
thanks

th

kpolykarpou

Reaction score
Visit site
so... i have to change the bar ends , too? if i understood correct ?
i thought they were both with bolts
yes its the stock handlebar of fz1